IPB NEEDS A DECENT EMAIL MARKETING SOLUTION!

Robert Lunte

Guys, C'mon...?!

Why don’t you guys build your own, or integrate with some of the top email marketing solutions?  We have all these “enhanced” features that integrate with other services, but the one that seems to be the most obvious is strangely missing. IPB community owners need a proper email marketing solution! 

With all due respect, because I love your platform other than this issue..., I don’t get how you can offer a COMMUNITY platform with, so many brilliant ways to monetize… without a proper email marketing solution available to your community owners to use.

For that matter, why are you guys not sending out regular newsletters to your customers? That would seem to be evidence that you are totally missing the necessity for email marketing for any online community system, be it yours, or your customers. Peculiarly strange?

The bulk mail system is NOT a proper email marketing system. It has limited design capabilities. It has no metrics/stats. It caps your emails out to about 200-400 a day, if you have thousands of subscribers, this is entirely impractical. It offers no ability to make forms to capture sign-ups.

Do an integration with:

- www.campaignmonitor.com

- www.getresponse.com

- www.mailchimp.com

- www.mailpoet.com

( this is a plugin for wordpress that is SUPER light and simple. But it does everything anyone needs. It covers the basics. Something like this would be perfect ). 

... or build your own.

Any email marketing system DOES NOT have to be fancy!... All we really need are the following features:

- A decent design interface.

- Metrics.

- The ability to send out thousands of emails in one send.

- Mailing Lists.

- The ability to make forms that can capture sign-ups in the HTML widgets that will then go straight into a mailing list.

Edited by Robert Lunte

• 4 weeks later...

+1

Email marketing / address management / mailing lists is a very big point for monetarizing a community and is totally missing as a full IPS native feature.

There already are several plugin in IPS marketplace for mailchimp, sparkpost, and also for address validation checks for bulk mails via own server. Other plugins are "Newsletters" and there also exist several variants.

But I would wish to get some IPS native features without being required to use 3rd party services.

Maybe also a plugin to connect to the byteplant API to get rid of bad emails. -> https://www.email-validator.net/email-address-online-verification-api.html

And it would be a great gain if one of the designers would develop some email template designs to choose from. We have so many designers for themes and skins, but no one ever touched email templates so far...

• 4 weeks later...
On 2/11/2017 at 5:35 PM, Cyboman said:

IPS native features without being required to use 3rd party services.

YES!

On 2/11/2017 at 5:35 PM, Cyboman said:

And it would be a great gain if one of the designers would develop some email template designs to choose from. We have so many designers for themes and skins, but no one ever touched email templates so far...

That would come with any viable, real newsletter solution. I have to agree... something native would be best. It doesn't have to be SUPER fancy!  Retool the bulk mail to do the following:

- A better editor.

- Some templates, super basic.

- The ability to send thousands of emails at once, not capped at 50 a minute or whatever it is... not practical.

- Lists.

- Contact forms that you can embed out on your IPB that will capture contact information and feed them to a list.

- Some super basic stats and metrics.

Thats it really... 

I once had a plugin for a Wordpress site I owned called "MailPoet"... it was a Super simple newsletter system. Very charming ... it was super light, offered a few templates, some basic metrics, lists and you could send out thousands in one shoot without any hassles. Maybe you guys can implement the mailpoet guys.  http://www.mailpoet.com/

BTW... in regards to the address checking services that are offered for bulk mail.. I have hassled with that over and over again and it is just a headache, doesn't quite work properly and at the end of the day... left feeling like... what is the point?

A simple native system please.

• 2 months later...

You also want to have the server send out one email a day after they register, another email three days later, another one seven days later, etc. to keep the customer engaged.  You just preconfigure a bunch of emails to automatically send out in scheduled intervals.  Hubspot costs big money to do this.

Edited by Interferon

Yes, this is called "sequences" in hubspot, or sometimes referred to as autoresponders. Any good email marketing system should allow you to set that up. That would be nice. Might be asking too much from IPB. Just a simple newsletter system, with lists and the ability to make custom forms would be a good start.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 9 months later...

I'd love a mailchimp integration for sure! Or better yet, a zapier integration. 

Edit: Oh, cool! Just found "Mailchimp by IPS Themes"

NEVERMIND! Gave me an error after I installed it!

2018-07-15_12-11-11.jpg

Edited by mr_hopp

19 minutes ago, mr_hopp said:

I'd love a mailchimp integration for sure! Or better yet, a zapier integration. 

Hello, we have an IPS- Zapier bridge in our portfolio for our premium clients, which  connects your forum literally with all other web services out there...

Slack, Wordpress, WooCommerce, GitHub, Mailchimp, activecamapign.. all of them https://zapier.com/apps

Our recent problem is that we can’t provide it in the IPS marketplace because it’s needs to be a custom modified / configures application for each client.. please let us know if you’re interested into such bridge and if you’re not scared of the zapier prices 

21 hours ago, Fosters said:

please let us know if you’re interested into such bridge and if you’re not scared of the zapier prices 

A Zapier integration bridge sounds exciting.

Maybe open a new topic for the Zapier integration?

• What are the IPS ECAs (events / conditions / actions), that are supported by the bridge? Are conditions implemented at all ("premium filter" availability)?
  • The pricing model only states "starting at 20$/month" (and that's it for single users, but are there any hidden costs on top of that?) Any known limitations? 
Edited by Cyboman