fosters

Trophies and Medals - Supporttopic

69 posts in this topic

A new version was released with support for the rules application which allows you to award medals via rules.

 

med1.png

medal2.png

Joel R likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think I may have to switch over to Trophies and Medals from iAwards since the prior app is no longer supported.

Not sure if these are built in, but could you clarify if I could award members for the following conditions based on the app's criteria (and not rely upon Automation Rules by Kevin):

  • When a user upload an avatar
  • When a user fills in his profile About Me
  • When a user post a topic in a certain category
  • When a user uploads a certain amount of images to IP.Gallery

Also, are the trophies retroactive or does it trigger when a member reaches that condition?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, Joel R said:

rophies retroactive or does it trigger when a member reaches that condition?

The built in criteria are  retroactive BUT the award date isn't it. So if you install the application NOW, and you create a trophy with "member created 1 post" the awarded trophies will have NOW as award date and not the date from the first post... I've had a client who contacted me today, but unfortunately this isn't a bug and I'm not planing to change this.
Also please keep in mind that if e.g. a member has an avatar and you have a trophy "avatar", he'll loose the trophy once he removes the avatar. 

To clarify some other changes which were mentioned today:
A trophy WON'T be awarded automatically once the criteria are met. They are awarded by a IPS cronjob and also upgraded automatically when a member logs in.
The reason for this is, that the client who requested this application has a really huge board which is quite active and he requested to have as minimal queries as possible...
I can see that this workflow will cause confusion for some people, so this will be improved in a future release.

 

24 minutes ago, Joel R said:

When a user upload an avatar

Yes

25 minutes ago, Joel R said:

When a user fills in his profile About Me

No ( but possible with a custom plugin or rules)

25 minutes ago, Joel R said:

When a user post a topic in a certain category

No ( but possible with a custom plugin or rules)

26 minutes ago, Joel R said:

When a user uploads a certain amount of images to IP.Gallery

Yes

prupdated likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)

Also BTW, here's another usecase for this app:

Quote

The trophy extensions are very easy to build, so if you have any extra wishes, just say what you need and I'll see if it's possible and include it.

And if it isn't possible, if you need something specific, medals will ALWAYS work!

The client which requested the application, is using my app to promote his inline game medals to the forum with the REST API.

So if a gamer played for 100 hours, or if his population in the game became > 100000 people, if  whatever... ( they have > 1000 different medals on trophies set up current), the game will send a request to the forum and the gamer will automatically get the medal on the forum too;)

It's similar to the game badges/medals/trophies/achievements/ not sure how it's called on steam...

It sounds probably complicated but there's no difference between trophies and medals on the frontend. People won't notice anything.
I've used this 2 different terms to make it easier for the admin to manage this stuff...

Trophies => awarded via criteria or rules
Medals => awarded manually by the admin, moderator or via the REST API

Edited by fosters

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I am thinking the same, I am so disapointed with iAwards. Problem with this is I dont know will this make problems to my forum, hmmm...can we see it in action somewhere?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Do you have plans for making this trophies visible on the topic posts? That would be great!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Oh yeah, it sounds great for me, since I didn't understand how to use Rules & iAwars efficiently.

Thanks for your work !! :)

Edited by Vianney Gantelmi

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Version 1.0.11 available

Fixed Bugs:

  • Missing langstring
  • Changed some langstrings

New Features:

  • Created new setting for the max. Icon Size in the postbit

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/11/2017 at 5:18 PM, Vianney Gantelmi said:

Oh yeah, it sounds great for me, since I didn't understand how to use Rules & iAwars efficiently.

Thanks for your work !! :)

One of the nice things about Trophies and Medals by @fosters is that it doesn't depend upon Automation Rules.  

There are built-in criteria.  

fosters likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
25 minutes ago, Joel R said:

One of the nice things about Trophies and Medals by @fosters is that it doesn't depend upon Automation Rules.  

There are built-in criteria.  

Thx :) It was indeed important for the client who requested this application that it works without rules application because it caused too many issues.
Anyway, I can see the benefits of both systems, that's why rules application is supported since version 1.0.5 :) so all the people with automation rules can use it to create their own rules to award trophies :)

Anyway, if somebody is missing a criteria or if you needs some specific usecases/rules, feel free to suggest them here in this topic, or start a PM with me and I'll see what i can do for you :)

 

E.g. awarding a trophy when somebody creates a new database entry in database X or when somebody posts X posts in forum y  isn't possible with the built in criteria system, but it's quite easy to provide such feature with an additional plugin :)
 

Edited by fosters

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi @fosters

nice application, but it looks like it does not work for me. 
I have the category "Discussion Starter" with the trophys:

root_Februar02_1486075594_CWTrophy_Categ

for the first, the fifth, the 10, the 25, and the 50 topic. 
 

It does award automatically as said but it does it even when the criteria is not met. As you can see here, only 2 "contents" (and probably no topics at all) and got all trophys

root_Februar02_1486075792.jpghttps://i.shrt.li/root_Februar02_1486075792.jpg

 

Ideas how to get that fixxed?

  • bw_is_admin :
  • bw_is_mod :
  • bw_has_avatar :
  • bw_no_avatar :
  • bw_best_answer :
  • content_count : 0
  • repcount : 0
  • registration_time : 0
  • repgiven : 0
  • groupcheck : *
  • topics_started : 50
Edited by knightsystems

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, knightsystems said:

Hi @fosters

nice application, but it looks like it does not work for me. 
I have the category "Discussion Starter" with the trophys:

root_Februar02_1486075594_CWTrophy_Categ

for the first, the fifth, the 10, the 25, and the 50 topic. 
 

It does award automatically as said but it does it even when the criteria is not met. As you can see here, only 2 "contents" (and probably no topics at all) and got all trophys

root_Februar02_1486075792.jpghttps://i.shrt.li/root_Februar02_1486075792.jpg

 

Ideas how to get that fixxed?

  • bw_is_admin :
  • bw_is_mod :
  • bw_has_avatar :
  • bw_no_avatar :
  • bw_best_answer :
  • content_count : 0
  • repcount : 0
  • registration_time : 0
  • repgiven : 0
  • groupcheck : *
  • topics_started : 50

Could you send me a PM with ACP login details to take a look at your issue?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This is an awesome app, especially after the rules support have been added. Raw has made one too, but he provides zero support and even disabled PM's. I will buy this soon as I can.

This would be an awesome feature to it, not sure if already exist: 

 

Edited by Jimmy Gavekort

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Jimmy Gavekort said:

This is an awesome app, especially after the rules support have been added. Raw has made one too, but he provides zero support and even disabled PM's. I will buy this soon as I can.

This would be an awesome feature to it, not sure if already exist: 

 

You can also manually follow the file, which gives you notifications any time edits or updates are made.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Joel R said:

You can also manually follow the file, which gives you notifications any time edits or updates are made.  

No faeces? 

This has nothing to do with a update notification appearing on my community it self :p 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Jimmy Gavekort said:

No faeces? 

This has nothing to do with a update notification appearing on my community it self :p 

I'm just offering you an alternative method for YOU to manually track the file, instead of relying upon developers to implement a feature which most of them don't.  I have over a dozen applications and many dozens of plugins, and not one of them has implemented this feature.  You don't have to be a dick about it :) 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Joel R said:

I'm just offering you an alternative method for YOU to manually track the file, instead of relying upon developers to implement a feature which most of them don't.  I have over a dozen applications and many dozens of plugins, and not one of them has implemented this feature.  You don't have to be a dick about it :) 

I become a dick when people are constantly saying it's easier to do that and that, when that's not what I am asking for. I'm simply asking the developers to include, such a simple feature but yet so useful. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Jimmy Gavekort said:

I become a dick when people are constantly saying it's easier to do that and that, when that's not what I am asking for. I'm simply asking the developers to include, such a simple feature but yet so useful. 

Just because you were asking for a feature and I offered you an alternative doesn't mean that I was blocking your suggestion in any way.  It was something else for you to consider, in case you haven't done so already.  In fact, I remember that both you and I voiced our mutual support for the suggestion four months ago back in Oct 2016:

At the same time, I'd like to point out it's been four months and look at how much progress we've made in convincing third-party developers and IPS to implement the suggestion.  So ... follow button it is then.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, fosters said:

Sorry, I'm not sure I understand what you're requesting.

if you mean an upgrade notification about new versions : all my apps and plugins are connected to my project manager https://addons.invisionzone.com/projects/ which uses the default IPS4 upgrade notifications system.

I'm also announcing all new versions on my homepage https://addons.invisionzone.com/

Yes. But you have to understand that users doesn't want to check their emails or tons of different websites to stay up to date. I visit my forum each day, not my email or your/other websites for updates Having all in one place, and using the feature that IPS has added would be good..........

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.