Name 2 Avatars

CodingJungle

Just now, sweethoney said:

lol no i was answering you topic unsupported sorry if you did not understand

well this isn't a support topic, its a marketplace topic. it could be used to seek help but it could also be used to ask questions, make suggestions, troll. pretty much however you want to use it i suppose :p 

Just now, sweethoney said:

the app remains "unsupported". Unsupported doesn't mean I will not try to help ???? it could be used to seek help

well than i must not understanding it sorry i was edit ipb profile

well, its like this. if you paid for my app i would be "obligated" to a certain extent to provide support for it. since it is free i'm not "obligated" to support it. but i'm not a complete jerk, I will give what i feel is "suffice" when it comes to support. like in another topic here, the person is having an issue cause their GD doesn't support freetype, but he does have imagemagick. So i'm willing to add back in the imagemagick support, but with the understanding it will possibly require tweaking the y/x offsets/fontsizes to get the text centered, but I wont spend hours upon hours trying to come up with a "programmatically" way to auto handle it. hope that clears up what i mean by "unsupported".

2016-12-16_2353.png

2016-12-16_2353_001.png

added these two things to it :) it will generate an image for forums and download items that do not have a image. the forums/downloads have some different background building going on and a custom background generator based on their name. there are 3 classes I added that extend the base colors class (downloads,avatars, forums) to allow easier modification.

I'll test it out a bit more, i might release it this weekend, not sure yet :) 

you can turn off "unique" colors, and then in color overrides (depending on if you have dual letters turned on or not) you can add the letter/letters in the key and in the value add in the color you want, or you can disable unique colors and create a hook for \IPS\n2a\Colors\Avatars and override the method getColorForLetter($word) and return an array of a rgb value like:

protected function getColorForLetter( $word )
{
	return [ 'R' => 255, 'G' => 255, 'B' => 255 ];
}

1 minute ago, CodingJungle said:

you can turn off "unique" colors, and then in color overrides (depending on if you have dual letters turned on or not) you can add the letter/letters in the key and in the value add in the color you want, or you can disable unique colors and create a hook for \IPS\n2a\Colors\Avatars and override the method getColorForLetter($word) and return an array of a rgb value like:

protected function getColorForLetter( $word )
{
	return [ 'R' => 255, 'G' => 255, 'B' => 255 ];
}

Would that be a pain to add to a later version if it interested you, this way the we could also set a solid single colour, or choose to have the rainbow colours too.

42 minutes ago, CP_User said:

Would that be a pain to add to a later version if it interested you, this way the we could also set a solid single colour, or choose to have the rainbow colours too.

not a pain, but it will be the last thing i will be adding for awhile :) 2.2.2 has this in it, there is a setting called "disable color generation" and it will show a color selector to select which color you want to use.

5 minutes ago, CodingJungle said:

not a pain, but it will be the last thing i will be adding for awhile :) 2.2.2 has this in it, there is a setting called "disable color generation" and it will show a color selector to select which color you want to use.

You're a star! Thanks mate!

I had to revert back to 2.1.4.

With 2.2.2, I would change some settings, in designer mode, and then I'd hit save and get a white (blank) page in return. I had to disable the plugin and then uninstall it to get back to the default settings.

This white page happened several times. Sometimes it would be after I changed a font. Sometimes after I enabled a gradient. There didn't seem to be too much that was predictable about it, except that it would always seem to get a blank page sooner or later. Another time I think the only setting I changed was the background alpha value.

I did always have double letters on. Nothing of note seems to exist in the logs.

14 hours ago, iacas said:

I had to revert back to 2.1.4.

With 2.2.2, I would change some settings, in designer mode, and then I'd hit save and get a white (blank) page in return. I had to disable the plugin and then uninstall it to get back to the default settings.

This white page happened several times. Sometimes it would be after I changed a font. Sometimes after I enabled a gradient. There didn't seem to be too much that was predictable about it, except that it would always seem to get a blank page sooner or later. Another time I think the only setting I changed was the background alpha value.

I did always have double letters on. Nothing of note seems to exist in the logs.

hmm i'm not sure. i've wrapped the new stuff that might be causing this in a try/catch that will report to log if it catches anything, and the design mode avatars are done a bit differently, incase they were causing it. give 2.2.3 a go, see if it causes the same issue.

Archived