Search all content

Dennis_87

• 1 month later...

Looking at this myself. I think I've figured it out just with template changes - seems to be working. 

in Core>Front>Global>Navbar

Find 

<span data-role='searchingIn'>

Delete everything in that span (leave the span tags) and replace with

{lang="search_everything"}

Find

<li class='ipsMenu_item {{if output.defaultSearchOption[0] == 'all' AND !count(output.contextualSearchOptions)}}ipsMenu_itemChecked{{endif}}' data-ipsMenuValue='all'>

Replace with 

<li class='ipsMenu_item ipsMenu_itemChecked' data-ipsMenuValue='all'>

Find 

<li class='ipsMenu_item {{if $setDefault === FALSE}}ipsMenu_itemChecked{{$setDefault = TRUE;}}{{endif}}' data-ipsMenuValue='{expression="json_encode( $data )"}' data-options='{expression="json_encode( $data )"}'>

Replace with

<li class='ipsMenu_item' data-ipsMenuValue='{expression="json_encode( $data )"}' data-options='{expression="json_encode( $data )"}'>

I've only just done this myself and done some quick testing and it seems to work as you'd expect. 

I cant get this to work, looks like my template file is not exactly the same.

How will this be edited to apply the search all content changes? Thanks :)

{{if !$preview and \IPS\Member::loggedIn()->canAccessModule( \IPS\Application\Module::get( 'core', 'search' ) ) AND !in_array('ipsLayout_minimal', \IPS\Output::i()->bodyClasses )}}
	<div id='searchWrap'>
		<div id='elSearch' data-controller='core.front.core.quickSearch' itemprop="potentialAction" itemscope itemtype="http://schema.org/SearchAction" data-default="{expression="\IPS\Output::i()->defaultSearchOption[0]"}">
			<form accept-charset='utf-8' action='{url="app=core&module=search&controller=search" seoTemplate="search"}' method='{{if settings.use_friendly_urls and settings.htaccess_mod_rewrite}}get{{else}}post{{endif}}'>
				<meta itemprop="target" content="{url="app=core&module=search&controller=search&q=" seoTemplate="search"}{q}">
				<input type="hidden" name="type" value="{expression="\IPS\Output::i()->defaultSearchOption[0]"}" data-role="searchFilter">
				<a href='#' id='elSearchFilter' data-ipsMenu data-ipsMenu-selectable='radio' data-ipsMenu-appendTo='#elSearch' class="ipsHide">
					<span data-role='searchingIn'>
						{expression="\IPS\Member::loggedIn()->language()->addToStack( \IPS\Output::i()->defaultSearchOption[1] )"}
					</span>
					<i class='fa fa-caret-down'></i>
				</a>
				<ul id='elSearchFilter_menu' class='ipsMenu ipsMenu_selectable ipsMenu_narrow ipsHide'>
					<li class='ipsMenu_item {{if output.defaultSearchOption[0] == 'all'}}ipsMenu_itemChecked{{endif}}' data-ipsMenuValue='all'>
						<a href='{url="app=core&module=search&controller=search" csrf="1"}' title='{lang="search_everything"}'>{lang="search_everything"}</a>
					</li>
					<li class='ipsMenu_sep'><hr></li>
					{{if count( output.contextualSearchOptions )}}
						{{foreach output.contextualSearchOptions as $name => $data}}
							<li class='ipsMenu_item' data-ipsMenuValue='{expression="json_encode( $data )"}' data-options='{expression="json_encode( $data )"}'>
								<a href='#'>{$name}</a>
							</li>
						{{endforeach}}
						<li class='ipsMenu_sep'><hr></li>
					{{endif}}
					<li data-role='globalSearchMenuOptions'></li>
					<li class='ipsMenu_item ipsMenu_itemNonSelect'>
						<a href='{url="app=core&module=search&controller=search" seoTemplate="search"}' accesskey='4'><i class='fa fa-cog'></i> {lang="advanced_search"}</a>
					</li>
				</ul>
				<input type='search' id='elSearchField' placeholder='{lang="search_placeholder"}' name='q' itemprop="query-input">
				<button type='submit'><i class='fa fa-search'></i></button>
			</form>
		</div>
	</div>
{{endif}}

5 minutes ago, rgf100 said:

Have you already edited your template? Can you revert changes then try?

Did try the default theme now with the same issue. The search all content option is chosen but also the category and the search results are not all content.

search.png.668a40ad1972bf8d304e12633d8aad53.png

Archived