PHP 7.1.0 Released

The PHP development team announces the immediate availability of PHP 7.1.0. This release is the first point release in the 7.x series.

PHP 7.1.0 comes with numerous improvements and new features such as

For source downloads of PHP 7.1.0 please visit our downloads page, Windows binaries can be found on windows.php.net/download/. The list of changes is recorded in the ChangeLog.

The migration guide is available in the PHP Manual. Please consult it for the detailed list of new features and backward incompatible changes.

Many thanks to all the contributors and supporters!

http://php.net/archive/2016.php#id2016-12-01-3

Be sure about that.  I run one of Ehren's styles (Chameleon) and had the snow effect enabled.  Went and disabled it and get a 500 error on my site with this error log

Error: [] operator not supported for strings (0)
#0 [internal function]: IPS\Output\Plugin\_Prefix::runPlugin('transition', Array, 'css_core_global...', 'IPS\\Theme')
#1 /home/nginx/domains/thepipestand.com/public/system/Theme/Theme.php(4268): call_user_func(Array, 'transition', Array, 'css_core_global...', 'IPS\\Theme')
#2 [internal function]: IPS\_Theme::IPS\{closure}(Array)
#3 /home/nginx/domains/thepipestand.com/public/system/Theme/Theme.php(4299): preg_replace_callback('/\\{([a-z]+?=(['...', Object(Closure), '\tfunction css_c...')
#4 /home/nginx/domains/thepipestand.com/public/system/Theme/Theme.php(4057): IPS\_Theme::compileTemplate('/* BOTH */\n@med...', 'css_core_global...', '', false, true)
#5 /home/nginx/domains/thepipestand.com/public/system/Theme/Theme.php(4807): IPS\_Theme::makeProcessFunction('/* BOTH */\n@med...', 'css_core_global...', '', false, true)
#6 /home/nginx/domains/thepipestand.com/public/system/Theme/Theme.php(2323): IPS\_Theme::writeCss(Array)
#7 /home/nginx/domains/thepipestand.com/public/system/Theme/Theme.php(543): IPS\_Theme->compileCss('core', 'global', 'responsive', 'responsive.css')
#8 /home/nginx/domains/thepipestand.com/public/system/Dispatcher/Standard.php(53): IPS\_Theme->css('responsive.css', 'core', 'global')
#9 /home/nginx/domains/thepipestand.com/public/system/Dispatcher/Front.php(511): IPS\Dispatcher\_Standard::baseCss()
#10 [internal function]: IPS\Dispatcher\_Front::baseCss()
#11 /home/nginx/domains/thepipestand.com/public/init.php(441) : eval()'d code(9): call_user_func_array('parent::baseCss', Array)
#12 /home/nginx/domains/thepipestand.com/public/system/Dispatcher/Front.php(64): IPS\Dispatcher\bdmoods_hook_Dispatcher_Front::baseCss()
#13 /home/nginx/domains/thepipestand.com/public/system/Dispatcher/Dispatcher.php(86): IPS\Dispatcher\_Front->init()
#14 /home/nginx/domains/thepipestand.com/public/index.php(13): IPS\_Dispatcher::i()
#15 {main}

Am recompiling PHP 7.0.13 to see if the issue resolves.

EDIT:

And yes, that resolved the issue, so it appears that it is an issue with PHP 7.1.

I'm recompiling under 7.1 again and going to disable the bd Moods add-on and test to see if that is the culprit.

43 minutes ago, ASTRAPI said:

As the speed improvement is not big (as it was from 5.6.x to 7.0.x) it is better to wait a bit for a more stable version :)

How beneficial of a difference is it over 5.6? I have considered making the upgrade to speed my site up, however I'm unsure about it because your not able to downgrade from 7.0x right?

How beneficial of a difference is it over 5.6?

From 5.6.x to 7.0.x is about 54% faster and that's a huge number :)

From 7.0.x to 7.1.x is about 7% faster.

The above numbers are estimated and based on my own benchmarks but many users report similar results.

however I'm unsure about it because your not able to downgrade from 7.0x right?

You can upgrade or downgrade from/to any php version :)

You just need to know how to setup it from the start in a way that it will be easy and flexible for such actions !!!

Keep in mind that you will need to use latest versions for your extensions also like: mailparser, Ioncube, Geoip and so on ......

On 05/12/2016 at 8:54 PM, RevengeFNF said:

I think for now is best for Invision to declare PHP 7.1 to be incompatible with IPS 4.1.

On 05/12/2016 at 1:46 PM, Charles said:

Right now our stance is it literally was just released a few days ago and it takes some time to test and certify :) 

On 05/12/2016 at 9:00 PM, ASTRAPI said:

From 5.6.x to 7.0.x is about 54% faster and that's a huge number :)

From 7.0.x to 7.1.x is about 7% faster.

The above numbers are estimated and based on my own benchmarks but many users report similar results.

You can upgrade or downgrade from/to any php version :)

You just need to know how to setup it from the start in a way that it will be easy and flexible for such actions !!!

Keep in mind that you will need to use latest versions for your extensions also like: mailparser, Ioncube, Geoip and so on ......

Thanks, I use the multiphp function to enable which version certain sites use.

I have to say two of my sites are running very smoothly now, one of which was kinda sluggish before (not incredibly slow but noticeable). Appreciate the information.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Archived