Pages SuperGrid support

I uploaded version 1.1. 

Minor improvements and bug fixes based on client feedback. You might skip the update if you don’t require any of the following changes. 

• Grid images (front page, listing, block) can now optionally be turned into links to the record
  • feature and pinned badge options are now also available in the block template
  • sub category listings now also use the grid view for categories
  • CSS Bug fix: styling of record listing images of non-SuperGrid databases was changed by SuperGrid settings
  • feature and pinned badge spacing improved if both are used for the same record

See included PDF for update instructions.

Firstly, thanks for your first professional looking template for pages. Looks really great. But after a paid script I would expect better refinement before publication. I know it only costs 7 dollars, but any further installation takes a lot of time. I am ready to pay up to $ 40, but I would like to make one the installation and forget about the problem.

What bothers me:

1). I don't know why this template is installing like new database not template... I don't wanna create new databases on my website just to delete them after installation and just to create next versions of this template. I transfer this template from one test website to another with no problem as a template. We can create "field" section with no problem from manual.

2). Thanks for clicable thumbs in new version. But they are still not clicable in subcategories. Visitors may not understand this inconsistency.

3). Thanks for all customisations, expecially for the abillity to use thumbs, but even if you switch to thumbs on front page subcategories still use main large images.

4). Record/article page looks bad on mobile. Writer avatar is in bad place. Many visitors today use mobile phones to visit my forums. Front page looks avesome.

That's why in my opinion this template is not yet ready to be placed on the main page of my website, but I looking forward to the new version of this beautiful themplate.

33 minutes ago, PHOTOZONE said:

2). Thanks for clicable thumbs in new version. But they are still not clicable in subcategories. Visitors may not understand this inconsistency.

3). Thanks for all customisations, expecially for the abillity to use thumbs, but even if you switch to thumbs on front page subcategories still use main large images.

In the future, please ask first to clarify what the intended functionality is and how one can set it up. What you describe here isn’t true and it is not helpful to make false statements in the support topic and cause unnecessary confusion among existing and future customers. 

There is no sub-category view. There is a front page view and a listing view. Both have their own settings. So if you visit a (sub-) category, you can of course have clickable thumbnail (resolution) images there, if both are options are turned on for the listing view and you make sure that you are using the latest templates.

The other two points are a matter of opinion. You are free to have yours, but that doesn’t mean there is a lack of “refinement for a paid script” on my part.  

19 hours ago, PHOTOZONE said:

I GAVE FALSE INFORMATIONS IN THOSE SECTIONS. BOTH OPTIONS ARE POSSIBLE TO SET UP!

Sorry, but I haven't noticed these settings... Do not take me wrong. I am very happy with this template. Price is also very fair and I believe that everyone should take money for his work and I'm ready to pay for this work, but most of paid mods in marketplace don't have demo versions and we must buy them in the dark. I bought 1.0 version first and this version was with no clicable record images. Today all websites have this "function" and most of people can't imagine other situation. This simple thing disqualified this template in version 1.0 from use on website with some more traffic. So in this moment I was forced to wait for update. So thank you for fast update of this script, because Iast time when I bought other module I wait 1.5 month to repair all bugs.

If we write about mobile version, now I see - is not only my opinion... and  we both know that it does not look good.

19 minutes ago, Edward Shephard said:

What's the best way to update this please?  Can you C&P the revised template content or is it best to import them again. Thanks

As described in the PDF:

Updating SuperGrid

If there is a new version of SuperGrid, updating works similar as installing it for the first time:

• Replace the CSS in your theme’s custom.css if it has changed.
  • Install the new XML file, which installs a new template set.
  • Edit/Copy over the SuperGrid template settings from the old version if you have changed them manually.
  • Assign the new template set to your database.
  • Check if it working correctly. Afterwards you can delete the old template set.

24 minutes ago, MontanaOne said:

My right sidebar block is multiplying the images in instead of displaying a single image. Can you please let me know what I can do to resolve this. Here is my site url so you can see what I am talking about. www.snowbikeonline.com Thanks.

There is some CSS on your site (from your theme?) which overrides background stylings. 

Quick fix: Go to the SuperGrid CSS styling for .SG_image_container_sidebar in custom.css and change:

background-size: cover;

to

background-size: cover !important;

1 hour ago, opentype said:

There is some CSS on your site (from your theme?) which overrides background stylings. 

Quick fix: Go to the SuperGrid CSS styling for .SG_image_container_sidebar in custom.css and change:

background-size: cover;

to

background-size: cover !important;

Thanks!!!

I just bought and installed the templates - they are cool. However, I see that it is displaying the teaser paragraph for each article as an overlay on the article image. That is unwanted - how can I turn it off? I don't see any option for this. 

Update - nevermind, I turned those fields off in the display section of the database. 

Edited by FZ