Pages SuperGrid support

51 minutes ago, Aaron M said:

Which is why I seconded the OP's motion ;) We can't really use this if it's not suitable for sub-categories.

Okay, I just tested it locally. This is what it would look like:

Screen Shot 2016-12-03 at 17.40.31.png

If anyone needs this sub category view on listing templates quickly, feel free to send me temporary admin data and I install this template change on your site so you can use it and I can test it on a live site. 

13 minutes ago, Himadri Goswami said:

cannot get the featured badge on custom blogs.

Not sure what you mean by “custom blogs”.  I see a feature badge on the article front page and in the People listing view. So the badge seems to work as expected. 

7 minutes ago, Himadri Goswami said:

can it show videos from youtube?

The templates are unrelated to specific editor content or custom fields. If you put videos in your articles or add custom database fields to your database, that will work just as with the stock record view template. 

1 minute ago, opentype said:

Not sure what you mean by “custom blogs”.  I see a feature badge on the article front page and in the People listing view. So the badge seems to work as expected. 

The templates are unrelated to specific editor content or custom fields. If you put videos in your articles or add custom database fields to your database, that will work just as with the stock record view template. 

i meant custom blocks

it works on articles front page, but i thought I would get it on blocks too

2 hours ago, opentype said:

Okay, I just tested it locally. This is what it would look like:

Screen Shot 2016-12-03 at 17.40.31.png

If anyone needs this sub category view on listing templates quickly, feel free to send me temporary admin data and I install this template change on your site so you can use it and I can test it on a live site. 

Would that support an image maybe above/below the subcat title?

42 minutes ago, Aaron M said:

Would that support an image maybe above/below the subcat title?

Sounds like a case for customization for a specific site. Since there is no “category image field” or anything like that which I could call from the template, it’s not something I can support in a “general use template”. 

On 11/27/2016 at 2:37 PM, opentype said:

Regarding the boxes: The colors are all inherited from your theme. If your theme designer has made ipsAreaBackground_light transparent or identical to the background, then this is what the SuperGrid template will use as well. In order to change that you would either have to change your theme colors or give each SuperGrid box a specific background color (in the custom.css) to only affect the Pages template. 

.SG_card { background-color:#333; }

The overflowing text is a problem of the post itself. You pasted rich-text with tons of styling in there, including a width statement which forces a width of 1007px. You should clean up the post and only paste plain text and it will be resolved. It has nothing to do with my template. 

I could not get this to obey using .SG_card for a background. I used Chrome developer tools and had to in custom.css:

.ipsBox:not( .ipsBox_transparent ) .ipsAreaBackground_reset, .ipsBox .ipsTabs_panel, .ipsfocusBox .ipsTabs_panel, .ipsfocus_reset.ipsBox, .ipsDialog_content .ipsBox, .ipsDialog > div .ipsDialog_content .ipsBox, .ipsfocusBox .ipsComment.cPost:not(.ipsModerated):not(.ipsComment_selected), .ipsBox.ipsfocus_reset:not(.ipsBox_transparent):not(.ipsModerated), .ipsBox:not(.ipsfocus_reset) .ipsfocusBox {
    /* background: none; */
    background-color: #ffffff;
}

This fixed all of my issues although I don't know if all of these elements are needed.

7 minutes ago, simonle said:

How do I activate Twitter cards? I added my Twitter handle in the record template file. But If I check the source of my page I cannot find the expected Twitter Cards meta tags. :(

It checks for the existence of the Twitter handle AND the existence of a Record Image. If both are valid, the meta tags should be generated for the specific article page. 

10 minutes ago, opentype said:

It checks for the existence of the Twitter handle AND the existence of a Record Image. If both are valid, the meta tags should be generated for the specific article page. 

My bad. I forgot I had used another image-field on that specific page I was testing. It worked on the other pages. >_<

2 hours ago, ABGenc said:

@opentype , I am using the templates submitted in following post by simply adding a custom block in home page. Can this template be used the same way on home page ?

A block template is included, but it is only meant for the sidebar. The full grid view only comes with the database templates. 

6 hours ago, opentype said:

A block template is included, but it is only meant for the sidebar. The full grid view only comes with the database templates. 

I remember us discussing to use block templates for database records previously to be able to display other blocks on front page. I hope you can make an addition for next releases.