1 minute ago, Adriano Faria said:

All quizzes? No. This per quiz:

Capturar1.png&key=1d226099a43377b78b4f58

After create the quiz, it will only be available when submitter add the questions and answers and click on it.

The other member has created the quiz .. before 4.2  ... now as an admin..I cannot do it...I have to sign in as member..or wait for member to allow play...

for my quiz I can do it...

Just now, Saurabh Jain said:

now as an admin..I cannot do it...I have to sign in as member..or wait for member to allow play...

You are replying your own question: quizzes in 4.2 will be playable ONLY after the quiz submitter click in this button. It doesn't matter if you are admin or not.

Just now, Adriano Faria said:

You are replying your own question: quizzes in 4.2 will be playable ONLY after the quiz submitter click in this button. It doesn't matter if you are admin or not.

So if the submitter has submitted 10 quiz and members have already played them..  as an admin I need to wait .. he logins and allow...all quizzes need to be done 

I'm not sure what you want, honestly. Please be clear, otherwise we gonna stay all day long here exchanging replies.

Simple: in 4.2, a member can submit 2397840219734012374017894897233148097231894789231943287 quizzes. It doesn't matter it you are admin; it doesn't matter he has submitted 2397840219734012374017894897233148097231894789231943287 quizzes. All those 2397840219734012374017894897233148097231894789231943287 quizzes will be playable ONLY AFTER the submitter clicks in the button to allow people play.

What you don't understand?

Have been saying that, what you mean with it:

So if the submitter has submitted 10 quiz and members have already played them.

Are those EXISTING quizzes from 4.1?

Be clear!

3 minutes ago, Adriano Faria said:

I'm not sure what you want, honestly. Please be clear, otherwise we gonna stay all day long here exchanging replies.

Simple: in 4.2, a member can submit 2397840219734012374017894897233148097231894789231943287 quizzes. It doesn't matter it you are admin; it doesn't matter he has submitted 2397840219734012374017894897233148097231894789231943287 quizzes. All those 2397840219734012374017894897233148097231894789231943287 quizzes will be playable ONLY AFTER the submitter clicks in the button to allow people play.

What you don't understand?

Have been saying that, what you mean with it:

Are those EXISTING quizzes from 4.1?

Be clear!

yes....

5 hours ago, Adriano Faria said:

Ok, I'll take care of that for the final. In the meantime, run this query in your SQL Toolbox:

update quizzes_quizzes set quizz_ready = 1 

If you use a database prefix, add it to the table name (quizzes_quizzes).

I have jsut updated all of them manually.... I signed in as a member and allowed all plays... Just wanated to give you the feedback...thx you

• 2 weeks later...
On 2017-5-22 at 0:37 PM, Adriano Faria said:

Quizzes 1.2.0 (IPS 4.2 only) available for download: http://www.sosinvision.com.br/ips4/index.php?/files/

Credentials:

• username: your username here on IPS
  • password: your email here on IPS

To download, you must:

• be a client for this app here on IPS
  • have an active licence for this app here on IPS

If you don't have an account there, feel free to reply here or send a PM. I'll create the account if you meet the both items above.

Could i try the 1.2.0 please?, i updated to 4.2 and i am currently getting an error when trying to edit a member group:

TypeError: Argument 1 passed to IPS\quizzes\extensions\core\ContentRouter\_Quizzes::__construct() must be an instance of IPS\Member, instance of IPS\Member\Group given, called in /my/home/directory/forums/system/Application/Application.php on line 756 (0)
#0 /my/home/directory/forums/system/Application/Application.php(756): IPS\quizzes\extensions\core\ContentRouter\_Quizzes->__construct(Object(IPS\Member\Group))
#1 /my/home/directory/forums/system/Application/Application.php(303): IPS\_Application->extensions('core', 'ContentRouter', true, Object(IPS\Member\Group))
#2 /my/home/directory/forums/applications/core/extensions/core/GroupForm/Content.php(36): IPS\_Application::allExtensions('core', 'ContentRouter', Object(IPS\Member\Group))
#3 /my/home/directory/forums/applications/core/modules/admin/members/groups.php(189): IPS\core\extensions\core\GroupForm\_Content->process(Object(IPS\Helpers\Form), Object(IPS\Member\Group))
#4 /my/home/directory/forums/system/Dispatcher/Controller.php(86): IPS\core\modules\admin\members\_groups->form()
#5 /my/home/directory/forums/applications/core/modules/admin/members/groups.php(35): IPS\Dispatcher\_Controller->execute()
#6 /my/home/directory/forums/system/Dispatcher/Dispatcher.php(143): IPS\core\modules\admin\members\_groups->execute()
#7 /my/home/directory/forums/admin/index.php(14): IPS\_Dispatcher->run()
#8 {main}

Edited by GregoryRasputin

Hi

Just bought this and installed it locally on a test-forum. Created a couple of categories and created an XML for import. When I go to import I cannot choose category. Not from Site either when trying to create new quiz there. The categories are enabled, but seems to not be picking them up? Probably me that has missed something :)

EDIT: Sorry, simply had to check the permissions on the categories. All good now :)

Thanks

Edited by flimmer

Awesome app. Sorry if this has been addressed before, but would it be possible (maybe it even is already) to have leader rankings per category and total for example? Would be cool way to create some competitions on our site based on multiple quizzes.

Good application my only concern is that when i try to edit the group or members setting , it shows an error EX4096

ErrorException: Argument 1 passed to IPS\quizzes\extensions\core\ContentRouter\_Quizzes::__construct() must be an instance of IPS\Member, instance of IPS\Member\Group given, called in /home/careersi/public_html/system/Application/Application.php on line 756 and defined (4096)
#0 /home/careersi/public_html/applications/quizzes/extensions/core/ContentRouter/Quizzes.php(38): IPS\IPS::errorHandler(4096, 'Argument 1 pass...', '/home/careersi/...', 38, Array)
#1 /home/careersi/public_html/system/Application/Application.php(756): IPS\quizzes\extensions\core\ContentRouter\_Quizzes->__construct(Object(IPS\Member\Group))
#2 /home/careersi/public_html/system/Application/Application.php(303): IPS\_Application->extensions('core', 'ContentRouter', true, Object(IPS\Member\Group))
#3 /home/careersi/public_html/applications/core/extensions/core/GroupForm/Content.php(36): IPS\_Application::allExtensions('core', 'ContentRouter', Object(IPS\Member\Group))
#4 /home/careersi/public_html/applications/core/modules/admin/members/groups.php(189): IPS\core\extensions\core\GroupForm\_Content->process(Object(IPS\Helpers\Form), Object(IPS\Member\Group))
#5 /home/careersi/public_html/system/Dispatcher/Controller.php(86): IPS\core\modules\admin\members\_groups->form()
#6 /home/careersi/public_html/applications/core/modules/admin/members/groups.php(35): IPS\Dispatcher\_Controller->execute()
#7 /home/careersi/public_html/system/Dispatcher/Dispatcher.php(143): IPS\core\modules\admin\members\_groups->execute()
#8 /home/careersi/public_html/admin/index.php(14): IPS\_Dispatcher->run()
#9 {main}

I am using beta unreleased version 4.2. 

Also, what assurance you can give me regarding updation of quizzes application with release of a new version 5.x as the case may arise?

1 hour ago, flimmer said:

Awesome app. Sorry if this has been addressed before, but would it be possible (maybe it even is already) to have leader rankings per category and total for example? Would be cool way to create some competitions on our site based on multiple quizzes.

No because quizzes can have different times, different number of questions or answers. I'm not sure how to compare people when there's nothing to compare.

2 hours ago, Saumya Mallhotra said:

I am using beta unreleased version 4.2. 

Quizzes is for IPS 4.1, not 4.2. I will send an email during the day with credentials to download the 4.2 beta versions. 

2 hours ago, Saumya Mallhotra said:

Also, what assurance you can give me regarding updation of quizzes application with release of a new version 5.x as the case may arise?

What? Are you asking if I can guarantee if I will update it IPS 5, etc? Is that what you're asking? If so, NONE! Let's try it the other way now: can you guarantee you're still alive in IPS 5 or 6 to keep paying renewals or re buying it in case of a rewrite? No?

You are buying an app that works in IPS 4.1 and IPS 4.2. That's what you paid for. You have not paid for a perpetual license of a resource. 

Edited by Adriano Faria
9 minutes ago, Adriano Faria said:

No because quizzes can have different times, different number of questions or answers. I'm not sure how to compare people when there's nothing to compare.

You get a score which you can use to summarize? If you calculate a winner for one quiz based on score and time, use that to calculate total score for category?

8 minutes ago, flimmer said:

You get a score which you can use to summarize? If you calculate a winner for one quiz based on score and time, use that to calculate total score for category?

A quiz can have 60 questions with 300 replies in 10 minutes to complete. Another can have 10 questions with 5 answeres each in 60 minutes to complete due to its complexity, both in same category (?), so how do you say John Doe is better than Mary Doe? That's why leaders ranking it's per quiz, not for the whole app.

Edited by Adriano Faria
4 minutes ago, Adriano Faria said:

A quiz can have 60 questions with 300 replies in 10 minutes to complete. Another can have 10 questions with 5 answeres each in 60 minutes to complete due to its complexity, both in same category (?), so how do you say John Doe is better than Mary Doe? That's why leaders ranking it's per quiz, not for the whole app.

You calculate a score per quiz which you summarize. John get 7.67 on one and 5.66 on second = 13.33 . Mary get 6.13 on one and 9.77 on second = 15.9. Mary wins even if John was better on the really hard and complex? You could even add a difficulty factor to calculate in to score if you wanted.

Just now, Adriano Faria said:

You are assuming both people you play the two quizzes. I can't assume that. Anyway, I'll take a look on it for a future version. 

Ok, cool, thanks. 

Just thinking that in order to get calculated score for the category, you have to have taken all quizzes in category, or if you've not taken one the score for that one is 0. 
The category would have to be handled specially I assume. Set as summarized, set at date for final summarization, lock down category after this.

1 hour ago, Adriano Faria said:

Quizzes is for IPS 4.1, not 4.2. I will send an email during the day with credentials to download the 4.2 beta versions. 

What? Are you asking if I can guarantee if I will update it IPS 5, etc? Is that what you're asking? If so, NONE! Let's try it the other way now: can you guarantee you're still alive in IPS 5 or 6 to keep paying renewals or re buying it in case of a rewrite? No?

You are buying an app that works in IPS 4.1 and IPS 4.2. That's what you paid for. You have not paid for a perpetual license of a resource. 

All I wanted to know was if I use quizzes on my site and spend  time to make some hundreds of quizzes, it should not go waste with release of a new version. Just in case if you need to rewrite a new code, will you be able to reuse my already existing quizzes and the user data. Thats all I wanted to know. However, you were rude!