Inactive Members & Real Last Activity Supporttopic

1.0.1 is making great progress and RC2 should be available later today ( unfortunately @NoGi found some bugs which i had to fix :D , btw, thx for this)

I have refactored the email stuff to use the bulkmail replacement variables, which makes the form more powerful and sexy:D and which also will provide more replacement variables then only the 2 which i added in 1.0.1 RC1 .

6 minutes ago, sound said:

asking as never could find a way to do this

or does it only start logging last visits from the day of installation

Yes, unfortunately that's tricky in IPS4 and there's no way to tell the real time.
I'm logging the last visit time myself with this application :/ (and using the ips4 last activity time as base value while the installation .. so people which never logged in will have their last activity set to the last time which was stored in IPS4 before this application was installed)

Just now, fosters said:

Yes, unfortunately that's tricky in IPS4 and there's no way to tell the real time.
I'm logging the last visit time myself with this application :/ (and using the ips4 last activity time as base value while the installation .. so people which never logged in will have their last activity set to the last time which was stored in IPS4 before this application was installed)

thanks for replying

bit of a shame but guess thats down to invision, it still sounds like a decent app that may prove its worth over time

thanks

4 hours ago, NoGi said:

@fosters, this seems to be sending multiple notifications to the same people, i don't think it's checking whether it's been sent previously or not properly.

I have noticed this too, sorry for this. It is checking , but there was a small typo in the check so it's not really working as intended.

• 5 weeks later...
2 hours ago, [OBAG] Drew said:

For some strange reason rule generated emails are not sending out according to our error logs. I've tested our email settings/config, and things seem fine sending via other apps. Any ideas or other reports on this and why it could be happening?

What errors do you see in the logs?

• 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
On 6.6.2017 at 8:42 AM, Edward Collins Jr. said:

Love this, however we had member join yesterday, once the mod was installed, and it kicked them into the 60 day inactive group. Any suggestions?

Could you send me a PM with your ACP login credentials? I'll please need to take a look at this at your live board.

• 4 weeks later...

Great plugin, especially the email function has tremendous usage possibilities to reactivate inactive users.

I configured the plugin to send different emails after 3,8,15,21,30 days to all user groups.

Now, what happens to my older, former inactive users?

Will they get all 5 emails at once?
Or are emails only sent to new users, that registered after the plugin installation time?

What is exactly the trigger that sends out the email?

Other important questions are:

Does the plugin send out emails to locked/banned accounts?

Does the plugin check the "allow emails by admin" or "send me news and informations" checkbox in the notification settings?

Ideas and suggestions:

• Use a "select random email text" function, so inactive users wont always get the same email after f.e. 3 days. Or have an option for text variations.
  • Include more variables, f.e. "current user reputation" and "highest reputation the top community member has"
  • 2 weeks later...

I found another small bug:

If my members are "winners of the day" (days won / leaderboard) the real last activity is shown twice on the members profile pages.

-> one time after "last visit" and another time after "days won"

Other members, that have never won, are displayed correctly.

12 hours ago, Cyboman said:

I found another small bug:

If my members are "winners of the day" (days won / leaderboard) the real last activity is shown twice on the members profile pages.

-> one time after "last visit" and another time after "days won"

Other members, that have never won, are displayed correctly.

Thanks for the report. I've reported it to our bugtracker https://addons.invisionzone.com/projects/item/387-duplicate-output-on-profile/ and we'll make sure it's fixed in the version for IPS 4.2

Fosters Crew is pleased to present the latest version of Inactive Members and Real Last Activity v1.1.0 available immediately in the IPS Marketplace for purchase.  The updated version is now 4.2 compatible, which means it's ready to be installed on all 4.2.x installations and betas.  

Inactive Members Log

As part of the release, we've included a brand new feature to show logging of all Inactive Member.  The new log page shows:

• Member Name
  • Rule
  • Date

The member name is linked to the member profile in the ACP; the rule is linked to the rule settings in the ACP.  This log page be used to help track what members trigger member inactivity and at what time.  

596ea66e70356_InactiveMemberLog.JPG.47d7f7c115c40da945cccccd03ed5d80-2.thumb.JPG.1dcc0725b6b15492f3182649095bc160.JPG

About

Inactive Members and Real Last Activity by @Fosters is a suite of tools and enhancements for your IPS Community, designed to help you measure real last activity, notify users based upon real last activity, and ultimately manage inactive members.  

Works as described! :) 

One feature addon:

If I use the email variable {suite_url} in email texts and I try to link the {suite_url} text to {suite_url} (=will be inserted as link), I get the following link in the preview email:

http://%7bsuite_url%7d%20/

Is this only in preview? I think it doesn't parse the variable as soon as it is used in links.