(NB41) My Football

Hi,

Just bought this as I want to create a page of all the walking football league tables worldwide

Here is an example of some of the UK FA leagues I want to add

http://full-time.thefa.com/Search.do;jsessionid=E415DB1573BB1E1F3B98F1D86B616BBF?searchValue=walking

On the app here https://www.walkingfootball.com/chat/football/

There is a all fixtures button - Can I hide this as I only want the page to show a list of leagues?

I don't want to add players, teams or fixtures - I just want to add, manage & updates league tables

Hello,

12 hours ago, Unlucky said:

There is a all fixtures button - Can I hide this as I only want the page to show a list of leagues?

You can edit the template index. football - front - main - index. Remove

<ul class="ipsToolList ipsToolList_horizontal ipsClearfix ipsSpacer_bottom ipsResponsive_hidePhone">
		<li class='ipsToolList_primaryAction'>
			<a class='ipsButton ipsButton_medium ipsButton_important ipsButton_fullWidth' href='{url="app=football&module=fixtures&controller=fixtures" seoTemplate="football_allfixtures"}' title='{lang='football_button_all_fixtures_title'}'>{lang="football_button_all_fixtures"}</a>
		</li>
	</ul>

Or hide with css 

#elFootballMainLeagues .ipsToolList {
    display: none;
}

5 hours ago, newbie LAC said:

Or hide with css 

Super thank you.

Another question.

How do I put the leagues into categories as we will end up with quite alot across the world.

So for example:

English Leagies

Scottish Leagues

USA Leagues

etc.

In addition to my last question - also thinking we are going to have to order them by season aswell somehow

Any idea on how to do that?

Hello,

17 minutes ago, Unlucky said:

How do I put the leagues into categories as we will end up with quite alot across the world.

There are no categories. Leagues only. I wrote about that.

9 minutes ago, Unlucky said:

What I want is a list of league tables showing like http://full-time.thefa.com/Index.do?league=278781255

ltable.jpg.3d819dcb848a4499a60c2d5bb0e0d96a.jpg

But you write

17 hours ago, Unlucky said:

I don't want to add players, teams or fixtures - I just want to add, manage & updates league tables

How do you can update scores if you don't want add teams?

When you added league with teams you could update scores.

leagues.thumb.jpg.d571d29644adf729286f53e990b7b5c2.jpg

scores.thumb.jpg.8ab778e19e74189e1f81fb9c9f5e4cc7.jpg

On front end you can use widget Tables

tables.thumb.jpg.863cd971d958552bfbfad4157b9a5033.jpg

tables2.thumb.jpg.a0177345703509f5513af0a9b27cb337.jpg

Hi,

I want to add teams I just don't want to add individual fixtures  - It would take forever and a day to maintain thousands of teams globally doing that

I just wanted to enter results into each table for each team

I got this far https://www.walkingfootball.com/chat/football/league/1-cheshire-walking-football-league/

But I only want the league tables not all the additional info, left hand column and fixture info under the table

I just wanted to maintain and present league tables  and categorize them

It's ok, don't worry as I can't see how I am going to be able to achieve this with this app

1 minute ago, Unlucky said:

But I only want the league tables not all the additional info, left hand column and fixture info under the table

You can remove unnecessary data editing the templates.

2 minutes ago, Unlucky said:

I want to add teams I just don't want to add individual fixtures  - It would take forever and a day to maintain thousands of teams globally doing that

The scores does not depends of fixtures. If you do not want to add the fixtures do not do it.

If you make an image and show what to add/edit/remove I'll glad to help you with this.

Hey - made some progress using IPpages which allows me to create categories of country, season and just a league on the page

IE https://www.walkingfootball.com/chat/england/wf2017/linx-walking-football-winter-tournament/

Now what is the easiest and quickest way for someone to update a league table and can it be updated on the front end which would mean I could delegate updates to say a league manager group

I know there are not categories but is there anyway in the admin side we can group leagues together somehow like pages has a folder and you can group pages by folder?

Also I think there is a problem with the way your system calculates points

Looks at the league stats here

http://full-time.thefa.com/Table.do?selectedSeason=609894398&selectedDivision=678218493&standingsTableDay=&standingsTableMonth=&standingsTableYear=

I have mirrored these stats on my page but my teams points are completely wrong?

https://www.walkingfootball.com/chat/england/wf2017/linx-walking-football-winter-tournament/

Even Lincoln City who didn't win any matches have 15 points

6 minutes ago, Unlucky said:

I know there are not categories but is there anyway in the admin side we can group leagues together somehow like pages has a folder and you can group pages by folder?

No.

16 minutes ago, Unlucky said:

Even Lincoln City who didn't win any matches have 15 points

I can't reproduce

tables.thumb.jpg.b5156f9225d1c0ea624a865e989c5b64.jpg

1. Have you set up correct values for win/loss/draw?

2. Drop the widget cache.

dayum I just coppied them quickly without looking

OK reset and refreshed and that's sorted it thanks

1 hour ago, Unlucky said:

Any chance of this in a future release?

it would be great to have all england leages in england folder in the system admin etc etc

Hello,

14 hours ago, Unlucky said:

Any chance of this in a future release?

it would be great to have all england leages in england folder in the system admin etc etc

What the goal and how it will be works / looks (I mean front end)?

Because Pages folders are structures only. domain.ltd/folder1/page, domain.ltd/folder2/page etc.

14 hours ago, Unlucky said:

is there some custom css i can apply?

You can't do it through css. js only or editing template tables

Find 

<a href="{$team->url()}" {$team->parentsDataAttributes()} data-ipsTooltip title='{lang='football_tables_view_team'}' class='footballSortByTitle'>{$team->_title}</a>

Change to 

{$team->_title}

Or js

<script>
$(function() {
  $( ".footballSortByTitle" ).contents().unwrap();
});
</script> 

ok thanks will give that a go tomorrow

Theres one other question I think got missed

Will it be possible to have members of a group I create the ability to update league table info from the front end?

I don't really want to give them acp access and it would be great to reduce the workload by having a group that can help update league tables

On 21/01/2017 at 5:29 AM, newbie LAC said:

What the goal and how it will be works / looks (I mean front end)?

If you imagine I have 1000 league tables to update spread across 12 countries and 50 divisions it would be great in the ACP admin to be able to organise it

This site is already gaining attention from UK, France, Netherlands, Canada and the US

That means somehow I am going to need in admin to have some structure of what league is in what division in which country

Frontend can be handled by IPpages so don't worry about front end organisation.

But I need some organisation in ACP side.

If we can get this sorted I am sure it would be a great advert for the plugin in terms of being worldwide friendly for football / soccer :)

Will it be possible to have members of a group I create the ability to update league table info from the front end?

Currently no. But it's not difficult to add.

Example

score.thumb.jpg.ba424636d3bf47c97ff92f584e4e158f.jpg

admin to be able to organise it

If you show an image how it will be looks it will be good.

How many levels do you want? Country - division - league

I ran the support tool and also edited that table

It still does the same

It doesnt go to that page with team info any more it just goes to the same page but with the team title in the url if you click it - so something has changed but not everything

IE clicking spilsby stroller keeps me on the league table but adds the name to the url

https://www.walkingfootball.com/chat/england/wf2017/linx-walking-football-winter-tournament/Spilsby Strollers

oh or do I have to change the complete line of code to just that snippet?

I only changed

{$team->url()}

to

{$team->_title}

Edited by Unlucky

IE clicking spilsby stroller keeps me on the league table but adds the name to the url

Looks like you made wrong changes

I only changed

No. Please see correct change

On 21.01.2017 at 10:29 AM, newbie LAC said:

Find 

<a href="{$team->url()}" {$team->parentsDataAttributes()} data-ipsTooltip title='{lang='football_tables_view_team'}' class='footballSortByTitle'>{$team->_title}</a>

Change to 

{$team->_title}

<a href... is a link. You need to remove this tag.

Edited by newbie LAC