Custom Language Strings - Supporttopic

Fosters

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Hi, I'm looking for a language string management tool.

I have a lot duplicate entries in the language strings database (native IPS strings as well as 3rd party plugins), no idea where they come from, and I need to delete them manually as I don't want to loose my custom translations. Problem is, that if you have duplicates, you can edit and save only one of them. So in some cases, language strings are not translatable due to duplicates... IPS selects a false duplicate and that doesn't work...

Nowhere is an option to delete a (duplicate) language string via the ACP.

Is it possible to clear duplicates with your plugin? Or will it be a feature maybe in the future to manage all language strings?

• 4 weeks later...
On 23.2.2017 at 7:21 PM, Cyboman said:

Is it possible to clear duplicates with your plugin? Or will it be a feature maybe in the future to manage all language strings?

No, sorry this isn't possible and it's not planed for this plugin.

This small application just allows to create, edit and delete custom strings

• 4 months later...
  • 1 month later...
7 minutes ago, kmk said:

Now I have a string created, and next step?

Now you can place 

{lang="YOUR_KEY"}

wherever you want in your templates.

Sorry, I didn't expect that some people wouldn't be familiar with the workflow. We'll post instructions how to use this app later today

• 5 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
On 10/10/2017 at 11:38 PM, kmk said:

Hello, can convert the topic name to language string and make it translable?

club translate.PNG

Hi @kmk apologies for the late response.  No, this will enable you to create a custom language string that you can use in templates.  For example, if you're creating a custom IP.Pages or a custom Newsletter, you can use that template key to insert the same phrase.j

• 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Would it be possible to allow us to choose our own prefix? Writing lots of strings which start with ccustomlangstring_ makes my templates look very unwieldy. In a previous version, I made a change to manage.php to customise the prefix to my initials and now everything is easier for me to read when I'm building my templates.

It's not a real problem for me if you think this would be too much work to justify; it just extends the time it takes me to update whilst I try to remember what I did before, make the same change, get a ZIP converted to TAR online etc. 

9 minutes ago, Meddysong said:

Would it be possible to allow us to choose our own prefix? Writing lots of strings which start with ccustomlangstring_ makes my templates look very unwieldy. In a previous version, I made a change to manage.php to customise the prefix to my initials and now everything is easier for me to read when I'm building my templates.

It's not a real problem for me if you think this would be too much work to justify; it just extends the time it takes me to update whilst I try to remember what I did before, make the same change, get a ZIP converted to TAR online etc. 

That's an amazing idea and shouldn't be too hard to implement it. We're quite busy at the moment, so I wouldn't expect to see it in the next days, but I've added it to our internal tracker :)

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

It should work if you're allowed to post HTML *and* have clicked on the source button so that what you're entering HTML rather than standard text. If you're sure you're doing that, what happens if you use one of the suite's own language strings, for example acpgroups_members, which should produce the text Members?

• 3 weeks later...
On 7/25/2018 at 12:37 PM, Meddysong said:

It should work if you're allowed to post HTML *and* have clicked on the source button so that what you're entering HTML rather than standard text. If you're sure you're doing that, what happens if you use one of the suite's own language strings, for example acpgroups_members, which should produce the text Members?

Thank you for your answer, here is the result of what I have tried:

so still not working, did I forget another setting somewhere?

Just to clarify, it works fine in a full html page but NOT when using database.

Untitled3.png

Untitled1.png

Untitled2.png

Archived