Let users see that a post has been warned

Kirill N

Please add an option to let users see that a post in a topic has been warning.

I know that it may seem like an unnecessary feature because it's indeed not needed on small forums, but it's extremely important for us. Every day we have to give out tens of warnings for people who break the forum rules without realizing it. For example, we don't allow posting in all capital letters, and when someone does it, we issue a warning. However, since there's no way for other users to see that the post had been warned, they think it's ok to do it, and then we have to warn ten more posts in the same topic. It's just one example, but there's much more. If there was a small label that said "This post has been warned", it would not only save our mods a lot of work, but would also noticeably increase the quality of posts.

This is already a feature in VBulletin and has been for like 10 years. PLEASE consider adding it to IPS4. Thanks.

55 minutes ago, Nathan Explosion said:

Correct me if I'm wrong (been a while since I used the warning system) but isn't it a user that is warned, as opposed to a post?

Nope, you can now warn a user via their post, click on their account name (in the author panel left to the post) which will take you to their profile, and issue a warning from there. There will be a 'This user was given a warning for this post' message in the selected post for admins and mods.

I think that @Kirill N is asking that this warning be shown to the user who was warned as well as admins and mods. Personally I like this idea.

3 hours ago, TDBF said:

Nope, you can now warn a user via their post, click on their account name (in the author panel left to the post) which will take you to their profile, and issue a warning from there. There will be a 'This user was given a warning for this post' message in the selected post for admins and mods.

I think that @Kirill N is asking that this warning be shown to the user who was warned as well as admins and mods. Personally I like this idea.

Not exactly, I'm asking that the warning (in a different form, of course) be shown to all users.

13 hours ago, texterted said:

Edit their post and in the reason for editing box put the reason for the warning.

To take this a step further, you (used to) be able to actually set this up as a topic multi moderation action - set up a variety of preset messages that makes it easy to edit a post to complete rule enforcement. Someone more familiar with 4 will need to chime in if you could do a multi-moderation to warn a user, edit their post with a preset appended edit, and then lock topic or not. 

On 10/17/2016 at 1:44 PM, texterted said:

Edit their post and in the reason for editing box put the reason for the warning.

That's a workaround, and not a very convenient one. 1. it would be much easier for the message to appear automatically than editing the post manually. 2. An actual warning message box is more effective than a simple text.

Archived