Announcements can restrict by group but attachments can't?

SJ77

Hi in 4.1.16, Announcements can now be restricted by member group however Attachment types cannot?

Need compelling reasons to convince people to pay for subscription.

I would love ability to make the subscription selling point "Can upload video".  (attachment types could be set in ACP per group)
That's a compelling reason to upgrade.

Right now there just aren't enough reasons to upgrade.

I should actually have titled this thread "Need more reasons to sell as upgrade benefits" 
post/forum access is great but would like more things to offer paying subscription customers.

"Can upload video" while others can't seems logical and easy.

Thank you :)

Restricting by type makes a lot of sense, yep. Especially if you want to stay mostly with the core software.

/OFF TOPIC/

If you find a big third party app works well to create a big feature for your community then you can definitely restrict that, maybe even by levels in itself. So, you would have basic access to the feature for everybody, then more aspects of it go behind the subscription.

/OFF TOPIC/

• 3 months later...
On 10/11/2016 at 0:59 PM, superj707 said:

Hi in 4.1.16, Announcements can now be restricted by member group however Attachment types cannot?

Need compelling reasons to convince people to pay for subscription.

I would love ability to make the subscription selling point "Can upload video".  (attachment types could be set in ACP per group)
That's a compelling reason to upgrade.

Right now there just aren't enough reasons to upgrade.

I should actually have titled this thread "Need more reasons to sell as upgrade benefits" 
post/forum access is great but would like more things to offer paying subscription customers.

"Can upload video" while others can't seems logical and easy.

Thank you :)

Although I do not sell subscriptions on my site (free and always will be) I understand your point of view. For me, I personally, find IPB4 a little bit more restrictive (then other releases of IPB) for what I trying to do. Hopefully they make a few changes. 

I would like to offer more privileges on my site for members that actually contribute something. In your case, members that subscribe, same thing I suppose. 

Archived