Force pay?

Hi

6 month ago my community stopped been activity and I have not been maintane it anymore

Last weekend I decided to re-activate it again

Your support force me to pay 35 dollars for getting download,support service and all other benefits. i replied that I am not interesting to these features and just want my communtiy naked as it is withour aby features!

You toos mw that in order to get my forun back I must pay!

I am attach you screenshot which expressly your teammate answer to my question long time ago that if I am not interesting in those feature I am not must to pay you 35 $ so why do you force me to pay and not allows me to reinatall or get installation files back??

Screenshot_2016-10-03-13-32-03.png

Either your license is active or expired. You can continue to use your installation from 6 months ago for years if you want and you are NOT forced to pay anything in addition for that. That’s what the email explains. 
But if you want to start over and want to download files again, you need an active license to do so. The downloads are part of the support and the benefits of an active license. 

8Hi thanks for your comment that's what I wabt continue with old installation the problem is I dont have old installation... Therefore I want to reinstall it but I don't have the files.... What canI do they force me to pau 35 dollars Althoght I have license

I offered my help by explaining to you how it works. Feel free to say thank you for that. Or not. But don’t get angry at me because you don’t like how it works or because you did not saved the download yourself 6 months ago. I have nothing whatsoever to do with that. I just offered information. 

Hi big Sorry I didn't mean offend you I responded like that because of in any normal company/institute once you purchase a tools or program or whatever you are allowing ibstall it whenever you want only here it feels like cheater!

Just wondering of I will re activate the license Will I able to replace my domain name or they [IPB] demand to purchase the license from the begging?

As far as I understood, I must not pay for serivces every 35 month unless I lost my forum activity and I will want to install it again right?

6 minutes ago, Meir peleg said:

Hi big Sorry I didn't mean offend you I responded like that because of in any normal company/institute once you purchase a tools or program or whatever you are allowing ibstall it whenever you want only here it feels like cheater!

Just wondering of I will re activate the license Will I able to replace my domain name or they [IPB] demand to purchase the license from the begging?

As far as I understood, I must not pay for serivces every 35 month unless I lost my forum activity and I will want to install it again right?

If reactive your license you will then need submit ticket have current domain removed from files before adding it to new domain unless used it another domain last 6 months then no extra costs will be added, but will need to have old domain removed of IPB/IPS files once you active license only files have to hand will be latest version so will need update it from the last point.

And sad to say lesson to learn backup your forum/database on daily bases is a must it take few steps to backup any site using crons jobs or script and if your hacked or host has issue your account you have backup to hand losing very little data and files.

Archived