(NB41) Content Ratings

Hello,

38 minutes ago, ProSkill said:

Do I have to manually create each type of rating?

Yes.

38 minutes ago, ProSkill said:

In the pictures you provided it made it appear as though all the one you had showed up by default.

I created them manually, setup group permissions, etc.

I do not know what ratings you need. Photo? I think no.

I can give you all images from the screenshot + the script to create ratings from screenshot.

47 minutes ago, ProSkill said:

If that is the case this is a lot less useful than I thought.

Why?

Hello,

21 hours ago, Elena-Viorica said:

A $35 app for something that XenForo has by default? :/

Speechless.

I'm sorry. I forgot what another software inbuilt features should be added free.

Xf also has "BB Code Media Sites" which has been removed in IPS 4.X.

https://invisionpower.com/files/file/8331-sd-oembed/ and https://invisionpower.com/files/file/7509-media-tags/

17 hours ago, jair101 said:

Would you consider integration with the Rules application?

How it will work?

8 minutes ago, newbie LAC said:

How it will work?

I imagine if this app is integrated you can, for example, create custom user titles based on the ratings they receive. Lets say, if you have received 100 laughs you can have the title to be "i am funny", if you have 10 helpfuls the title can be "most helpful member", etc. 

Take for example the iAwards application, which is integrated with Rules and can provide automatic awards based on some criteria. You can have the mentioned example to deliver awards instead of user title updates. 

Another example is group promotions, for example any member with 100 heplful ratings might be moved to custom "Expert" group, etc. Really, the possibility are endless and limited only by creativity. 

2 minutes ago, jair101 said:

I imagine if this app is integrated you can, for example, create custom user titles based on the ratings they receive. Lets say, if you have received 100 laughs you can have the title to be "i am funny", if you have 10 helpfuls the title can be "most helpful member", etc. 

Take for example the iAwards application, which is integrated with Rules and can provide automatic awards based on some criteria. You can have the mentioned example to deliver awards instead of user title updates. 

Another example is group promotions, for example any member with 100 heplful ratings might be moved to custom "Expert" group, etc. Really, the possibility are endless and limited only by creativity. 

I'm not worked with Rules app. I need to find a time for playing/testing etc.

On 10/3/2016 at 2:45 AM, newbie LAC said:

Hello,

Yes.

I created them manually, setup group permissions, etc.

I do not know what ratings you need. Photo? I think no.

I can give you all images from the screenshot + the script to create ratings from screenshot.

Why?

Because it's useless to me. You should have advertised it as a frame work, instead of making it seem like all you have to do is install it and it will work as pictured. How do I get a refund? 

Hello,

9 minutes ago, Bill Edwards said:

Is this separate from the in-built Like/Reputation system?

Yes. It's a separate system. In the next version I only added by request "So whenever they rate "positive" rating it adds 1 to this counter, or -1 it takes one away. Neutral adds nothing."

Last setting

cratings_settings.jpg

9 minutes ago, Bill Edwards said:

Specifically, if I install and set this up, do all my members start at ZERO again?

Yes.

Edited by newbie LAC

I'm not sure I fully understand.....

Are you saying in the next version it WILL use the existing reputation count?

If I adopt this system, can I leave member's existing reputation visible?

I like this system, but with some members having over 10k likes, it will be a hard sell if everyone starts from zero again :(

Just now, Bill Edwards said:

Are you saying in the next version it WILL use the existing reputation count?

No. When you give to someone positive or negative rating the reputation will be increase or decrease.

Example.

You have 100 rep points. I gave you a positive rating. Your reputation is increased by 1 point. Total is 101.

I have 50 rep points. You gave me a negative rating. My reputation is decreased by 1 point. Total is 49.

6 minutes ago, Bill Edwards said:

If I adopt this system, can I leave member's existing reputation visible?

Yes.

Topic view. My reputation is 46

cratings_topic.jpg.9ffa76512f09381f7b762

Profile view

cratings_profile.jpg.0cbad447f3aab6d3d5e

Hello,

8 hours ago, Joel R said:
  • Change wording from "Delete" to "Undo."  Sounds better.  

Done

1. Tighten space between icons.  Spread too far out.

You can use css.

I use default values (from core - global - framework - misc.css) for lists.

html[dir="ltr"] .ipsList_inline > li {
	margin-right: 15px;
}
html[dir="rtl"] .ipsList_inline > li {
	margin-left: 15px;
}

You can redefine it 

html[dir="ltr"] div[data-controller="nbcontentratings.front.ratings.ratings"] .ipsList_inline > li {
	margin-right: 8px !important;
}
html[dir="rtl"] div[data-controller="nbcontentratings.front.ratings.ratings"] .ipsList_inline > li {
	margin-left: 8px !important;
}

1. Make icons faded.  Then on roll over, full color.  

All in one or each individually?

You can also do it yourself

div[data-controller="nbcontentratings.front.ratings.ratings"] {
	opacity: 0.5;
}
div[data-controller="nbcontentratings.front.ratings.ratings"]:hover {
	opacity: 1;
}

1 hour ago, Bill Edwards said:

I am looking to buy this, please can you tell me where you get the icons you've used?

Just want to get things organised for when I purchase :)

Many thanks

Biill

I've now brought this and would like to know the best place to get free, suitable, coloured icons if you can help.

Also, I can't actually get it work :(

rc2.png

rc1.png

I think I have it set up properly and a new box has appeared, but there is nothing in it.

Any help gratefully received.

Many thanks

Bill