Managled forum theme (EX0) after cloning VM

I've just cloned our production environment to run a test vm. Upon accessing the URL, I get a mangled skin with no CSS. Signing in gives an EX0 error. Same while trying to access the ACP, I get:

A configuration or server error has occurred

EX0 Something went wrong. Please try again.

And some technical details about not being able to write files. I'm guessing there's some parameter somewhere to do with the forum URL, which has now changed, and perhaps the skin cache needing to be regenerated.

How do I go about restoring this with effectively no access to the UI, given I cannot login?

Straight clone, so permissions are intact, right? I don't have base_url as a parameter, this is an old installation that has gone through many upgrades. My conf says board_url, but it's set to the correct URL.

The conf file works fine in production, so I assume these legacy parameter names are ok.

edit - but that did jog my memory and I had forgotten set something. All sorted now, thanks for the help!

9 hours ago, rllmukforum said:

Straight clone, so permissions are intact, right? I don't have base_url as a parameter, this is an old installation that has gone through many upgrades. My conf says board_url, but it's set to the correct URL.

The conf file works fine in production, so I assume these legacy parameter names are ok.

edit - but that did jog my memory and I had forgotten set something. All sorted now, thanks for the help!

just to know... what have you forgotten?

Because I'm into the exactly same situation, with the difference that I still lost :cry::smile:

Archived