Bug - 4.1.15

Square Wheels

3 hours ago, Charles said:

There is no need to submit anything to a bug tracker. If you are having any issues with your community just submit a ticket and we will reply.

Is this not a step back to have the suit without any bugs?

Will the Ticket System starting to be very slow in terms of response time, because everyone will be creating tickets, and one does not know if something was already reported or not?

I also very often go to the Bug Tracker to check bugs fixed. He won't be able to do that now.

19 hours ago, Charles said:

There is no need to submit anything to a bug tracker. If you are having any issues with your community just submit a ticket and we will reply.

What if we want to submit a bug about this site ? ^_^ For example about Client Area ..

22 hours ago, Charles said:

All tickets submitted get a response. It's not up to you to worry about duplicate reports really as that is our problem ^_^. If you have an issue on your site just submit a ticket and we will take care of it.

I can't see why you've removed the bug tracker. I've reported numerous minor problems with the skin that I wouldn't submit a ticket for, but wouldn't have been fixed if it wasn't posted about in the tracker.

1 hour ago, marklcfc said:

I can't see why you've removed the bug tracker. I've reported numerous minor problems with the skin that I wouldn't submit a ticket for, but wouldn't have been fixed if it wasn't posted about in the tracker.

The Ticket now is the new Bug Tracker. Even if you have a minor bug that you found, open a ticket.

• Management
20 minutes ago, RevengeFNF said:

The Ticket now is the new Bug Tracker. Even if you have a minor bug that you found, open a ticket.

Isn't that what I have been saying? ;)

If you have a problem with your site just submit a ticket. It's that simple ^_^ 

11 minutes ago, Charles said:

Yes that point i have taken at your first massage ^_^, and a good thing to have real bugs only at your tracker filtered by ips  :thumbsup:

6 hours ago, RevengeFNF said:

Ok, IPS is creating Bug Reports according to the tickets they receive. Its enough for me.

So we can follow still the reports, good enough for my also and i hope for those know where to look it stays accessible to look into the bug tracker. 

Thats all I love to see :rofl:

4 hours ago, Charles said:

Charles , just a suggestion. There should be a new option between non critical and critical in the tickets. Something intermediate. 

For example, till now if i found a bug that did not affected my community much, i would create a bug report in the tracker, without caring too much if it would be fast resolved or not. 

If it was a bug that affected my community(without making it down), i would create instead a ticket, expecting a response in 48 hours and a patch to my site. IPS never let me down in this regard . 

So right now, if i create a ticket, i don't have any way to market it as important(not critical), so IPS staff can check it first than those minor bugs.

Just an idea. 

12 hours ago, Charles said:

When you have any sort of issue with your site we want to hear about it ^_^

Yes i know Charles. I was just talking about priorities. I know the Staff will read the tickets and make their own priorities, but it would be easier. Also the staff might think its something minor, but in reality its something very important to my site.

I can give another example:

I found a bug with Spotify embed. Its very rare someone on my site to make spotify embed, so i would just create a bug report about it. Now i create a ticket, no problem with that.

Next i find a bug with Gfycat embed. That's something my users do every single day, a lot of times per day, so its of my interest for it to be fixed as soon as possible. In this case i would create a ticket and not a bug report. Now, i create a ticket, but i have no way to mark it as important. I think its not fair to mark it as critical because my site is not down.

So for severity levels i would do:

Normal: Minor or normal bugs.

Important: Bugs that are affecting negatively the site.

Critical: Site is down or is having an high impact in the functionality.

Im not criticizing the new system, im just suggestion something i think it would make the Ticket system better organized and help the staff.

Archived