Magnum Theme [ support topic ]

1 minute ago, kkucharsky said:

I would like to have an option that I could control showing my slider to specific user groups. 

This slider, each new section should have option to control who can show slider:

fota.png

Hi!

You can do that if you use Pages as the slider 

Create a block feed of a database you want and name the template key to Magnum_Slider_2 On Content tab select Magnum_Slider template

and then edit and set the block permissions however you want :) 

21 minutes ago, kkucharsky said:

@TAMAN

But I'm talking about the slider without articles. Only three sliders which don't possess a group permission.

I would appreciate it if you could provide me with a detailed instruction.  

Sorry, not possible without theme settings.

but the article slider is the same exact styles you could simply remove the readmore in templates if thats what you looking for

Hi, @TAMAN

I have theme settings. I can control swiper slider, but I need the same option in "simple" Slider. I need button "read more" because I add there link to other site.. I have affiliate program. 

Maybe you can add this to the next update? It would be fantastic! 

fota.png

fota2.png

Edited by kkucharsky
52 minutes ago, kkucharsky said:

I have theme settings. I can control swiper slider, but I need the same option in "simple" Slider. I need button "read more" because I add there link to other site.. I have affiliate program. 

Maybe you can add this to the next update? It would be fantastic! 

Sorry i do not see a reason to do that as i have explained in previous post you can do it using the block feed

you can create as many slider block as you want even from different databases and even if you want to delete the readmore button in one block and not on all slider blocks

its just so easy, i do not want to add extra settings to theme just because you dont know how to do it mate :) 

i would suggest you to learn how to use Pages or tell me what you EXACTLY want and i can will help you, also, I dont mind helping you out if you send a login info and explaining what you want :hairy: 

Edited by TAMAN
27 minutes ago, CP_User said:

Going on what kkucharsky - Is it possible to add Guest messages on a slider. Seen some themes where they've got Slider 1 Box 1 /  Slider 1 Guest Box 1. This way I could show different messages for people who are not signed in nor registered.

Yes I want that also. A guest message to register for guests and back to normal when It´s done in the slider.

4 hours ago, CP_User said:

Going on what kkucharsky - Is it possible to add Guest messages on a slider. Seen some themes where they've got Slider 1 Box 1 /  Slider 1 Guest Box 1. This way I could show different messages for people who are not signed in nor registered.

4 hours ago, jcdesign said:

Yes I want that also. A guest message to register for guests and back to normal when It´s done in the slider.

I will make a quick update today adding group permission to each slider :) 

I upgraded from 1.0.5 to 1.0.6 using "Upload a new version" function. (IPS 4.1.16.1)

The upgrade went smoothly. My custom CSS is still working with the new theme version. No problem so far. The footer area looks much cleaner. The new slider permission setting is pretty useful too. Thanks for the update! :thumbsup:

21 minutes ago, Foolboy said:

I upgraded from 1.0.5 to 1.0.6 using "Upload a new version" function. (IPS 4.1.16.1)

The upgrade went smoothly. My custom CSS is still working with the new theme version. No problem so far. The footer area looks much cleaner. The new slider permission setting is pretty useful too. Thanks for the update! :thumbsup:

Im glad to hear that^^ :hairy:

1 hour ago, kkucharsky said:

I think this function should be in slider:

Screenshot_3.png

For some reasons I did not want to add settings to show the slider on specif pages, you might already know when you disable the slider the header layout is completely different so when you disable the slider on some pages it makes a messy theme 

but instead i have already added the auto scroll function 

MaxthonSnap20161028131106.jpg

This is a better solution, for example when you visit a targeted page, The slider automatically scrolls down to the end of its height which basically makes the slider not to show on targeted pages, using pure JavaScript and its fast :) you can test by visiting the login page, member profiles which are by default targeted within this settings 

Edited by TAMAN
8 hours ago, CP_User said:

You never fail to disappoint Taman.

8 hours ago, Simon Woods said:

Excellent work. Even if I don't eventually use the theme, I'd like to support your work in some way.

5 hours ago, jcdesign said:

This is the greatest update so far. Very good support!

In this version my theme loads faster than before. Especially pages that contain pictures. Before, it took longer for the Downloads to view the pictures. It blinked and took a while before the images popped up. But not any longer. :thumbsup:

Thanks  :sweat:

Another update is available changing the behavior of permissions to also check the secondary group instead of only primary 

it is applied to slider permissions, global widget permissions, and staying a specific forum permissions

Simply use upload a new version :) 

Edited by TAMAN
4 hours ago, TAMAN said:

Another update is available changing the behavior of permissions to also check the secondary group instead of only primary 

Hi Taman,

I just uploaded your new theme version and found that the permission did not detect correctly in case that the user do not have a secondary group and the slider permission select only some member groups including the primary group of that user.

For example, Let's say I am a member of Administrators group and have no secondary group.

admin1.png

Then, create a slider and select all groups except "Guests" in the "Who can see?" setting.

admin2.png

The slider will not show for my user as intended.

admin3.png

However, if I assigned my user into the "Members" group as secondary, the slider will then showed up. Please help.

6 minutes ago, Foolboy said:

Hi Taman,

I just uploaded your new theme version and found that the permission did not detect correctly in case that the user do not have a secondary group and the slider permission select only some member groups including the primary group of that user.

For example, Let's say I am a member of Administrators group and have no secondary group.

admin1.png

Then, create a slider and select all groups except "Guests" in the "Who can see?" setting.

admin2.png

The slider will not show for my user as intended.

admin3.png

However, if I assigned my user into the "Members" group as secondary, the slider will then showed up. Please help.

Weird it should not happen :/ I will check and try to fix it 

10 minutes ago, TAMAN said:

Weird it should not happen :/ I will check and try to fix it 

Thank you very much.

For the records, this issue did not occurred on 1.0.6 since most of my members are only has a single member group, including me. :ph34r:

It will not occred when you select "All Groups" in the "Who can see?" setting. (Obviously :rofl:)

Edited by Foolboy
2 hours ago, Foolboy said:

Thank you very much.

For the records, this issue did not occurred on 1.0.6 since most of my members are only has a single member group, including me. :ph34r:

It will not occred when you select "All Groups" in the "Who can see?" setting. (Obviously :rofl:)

A silly mistake by me >_< 

anyways permissions has been fixed and updated on marketplace 

use Upload a new version :) 

Thanks.