Magnum Theme [ support topic ]

7 hours ago, TAMAN said:

mmmm it says You do not have permission to access /index.php on this server. What's that got to do with magnum theme or article STYLES i made? :poke: its ONLY on your side which has something to do with your website permissions, i assure there is absolutely nothing wrong with magnum theme or articles styles 

Where should I look beyond

3 hours ago, CP_User said:

:( Okkkkkkkkkkkk, guess I have no choice. I'll make some time today to get it all sorted out.

Thanks Taman! :D

You're welcome : ) 

2 hours ago, gerard001 said:

Where should I look beyond

I dont really know 

where do you get this error exactly? when you create an article? any links? Is it also on default theme? 

Hello,

1. I would like show more information about the record, like the old tamplate, visible the comments, view and Read More.

2. I use the s1 Two column First Featured, but the first image is very large, how I can reduce the image size show? or replace for 3 records?

3. How I can change the user bar position, I would like put it below the menu bar, when scroll the page that can visible to take action.

moreinfor.jpg

reduceimage.jpg

userbarbelow.jpg

Edited by kmk
more questions
9 minutes ago, kmk said:

Hello,

1. I would like show more information about the record, like the old tamplate, visible the comments, view and Read More.

2. I use the s1 Two column First Featured, but the first image is very large, how I can reduce the image size show? or replace for 3 records?

moreinfor.jpg

reduceimage.jpg

1. i find readmore button to be really useless since the images are clickable, plus im unsure why it shows only author name and record date on your two columns style in the image 

it should be date/author/views 

2. the "first featured" and "one column" styles are using the full width for images so it shows all of it, they're preferable with sidebars : ) like in demo page=

If you really want to reduce the size then add this css code to custom.css 

.ArticleS1 .record-image{
	width:  70% !important; 
  	margin: auto; 
}

15 minutes ago, TAMAN said:

1. i find readmore button to be really useless since the images are clickable, plus im unsure why it shows only author name and record date on your two columns style in the image 

it should be date/author/views 

2. the "first featured" and "one column" styles are using the full width for images so it shows all of it, they're preferable with sidebars : ) like in demo page=

If you really want to reduce the size then add this css code to custom.css 

.ArticleS1 .record-image{
	width:  70% !important; 
  	margin: auto; 
}

1. Oh sorry, this is s1 two column(withou featured). Can make appear COMMENTS, like the old template.

2. I mean if possible reduce the only featured image, or convert it style to image left(reduce) and content right, because in this case, like article I want the focus is more the content and not the image. This code reduce all images.

3. Is possible put the user bar below the menu bar? Is useless visible permanently with the menu bar, because when scroll the page the user bar desappear..

reduceallimages.jpg

8 hours ago, kmk said:

1. Oh sorry, this is s1 two column(withou featured). Can make appear COMMENTS, like the old template.

2. I mean if possible reduce the only featured image, or convert it style to image left(reduce) and content right, because in this case, like article I want the focus is more the content and not the image. This code reduce all images.

3. Is possible put the user bar below the menu bar? Is useless visible permanently with the menu bar, because when scroll the page the user bar desappear..

1. if you want to add comments, then you will need to edit the s1 two column template and then adding below code

{{if $record::database()->options['comments']}}<li class="comments"><i class="fa fa-comment"></i><a href='{$record->url()}#comments' title='{lang="view_comments"}'>{lang="num_comments" pluralize="$record->record_comments"}</a></li>{{endif}}

under this one

<li class="user"><i class="fa fa-user"></i>{lang="byline_nodate" htmlsprintf="$record->author()->link()"}</li>

2. sorry this would need alot of customization making the image on left side and content for right, this isn't what i have designed here, if you had suggested before the last update i would gladly included a style like this for everyone now its too late for adding styles or updating. 

3. maybe in feature updates as i have to figure out how to make that happen without making the sticky header look too big or messy

8 hours ago, TAMAN said:

{{if $record::database()->options['comments']}}<li class="comments"><i class="fa fa-comment"></i><a href='{$record->url()}#comments' title='{lang="view_comments"}'>{lang="num_comments" pluralize="$record->record_comments"}</a></li>{{endif}}

Sorry, in wich tab I should add it? comment, comments or comment or commentcontainer... 

12 minutes ago, kmk said:

Sorry, in wich tab I should add it? comment, comments or comment or commentcontainer... 

There is a template named Entry. open it and then search for this line

<li class="user"><i class="fa fa-user"></i>{lang="byline_nodate" htmlsprintf="$record->author()->link()"}</li>

when you find it, then add this right after the code in a new line

entry template is in all the article styles 

19 minutes ago, TAMAN said:

There is a template named Entry. open it and then search for this line

when you find it, then add this right after the code in a new line

entry template is in all the article styles 

I find one but withou "user"...

entry_code_comment.jpg

13 minutes ago, TAMAN said:

I dont get it , in the picture you have opened the two column style and in the second picture pointing to a style which is not the two column style xD? do you want two column first featured or only two columns? 

Hello,

1. I would like appear comments in all style or tamplate, because is a info to show how many people interest in the record.

2. see picture..

s1twocolumnfeatured.jpg

s1twocolumnfeaturedcommentcode.jpg

Hello Taman,

I found that you changed the search button from svg to FontAwesome. This changes made an icon layout to not align properly. Will it cause any problem if I copied the svg code section from 1.0.3 to 1.0.4.

Also, I would like to ask how to upgrade this theme from the previous version without deleting the existing one because I already heavily modifled your theme to match with my community preference. Thank you.

My Current Version (1.0.3)

current_version.png

New Version (1.0.4)

new_version.png

20 minutes ago, Foolboy said:

Hello Taman,

I found that you changed the search button from svg to FontAwesome. This changes made an icon layout to not align properly. Will it cause any problem if I copied the svg code section from 1.0.3 to 1.0.4.

Also, I would like to ask how to upgrade this theme from the previous version without deleting the existing one because I already heavily modifled your theme to match with my community preference. Thank you.

My Current Version (1.0.3)

current_version.png

New Version (1.0.4)

new_version.png

mmm no i never changed the svg icon to font awesome icon, why is it using font awesome on your side? ;/ do you use plugins for search or something? maybe CJ menu! 

anyways wait 10 or less hours, im about to release another update includes alot of improvements and some more settings plus some bug fixes reported here 

but, unfortunately, if you're updating from 1.3 to 1.4 you will need to re install the theme completely because i have made lots of changes, theme upgrade function doesn't work as expected   

1 hour ago, kmk said:

Hello,

1. I would like appear comments in all style or tamplate, because is a info to show how many people interest in the record.

2. see picture..

s1twocolumnfeatured.jpg

s1twocolumnfeaturedcommentcode.jpg

you will need to copy paste the code to all the styles then in some of the styles i have only hided the comments by css, its not really hard to do that as i have explained above 

but if you wish, just send me a login info and i do it for you when i can 

3 hours ago, TAMAN said:

mmm no i never changed the svg icon to font awesome icon, why is it using font awesome on your side? ;/ do you use plugins for search or something? maybe CJ menu! 

anyways wait 10 or less hours, im about to release another update includes alot of improvements and some more settings plus some bug fixes reported here 

but, unfortunately, if you're updating from 1.3 to 1.4 you will need to re install the theme completely because i have made lots of changes, theme upgrade function doesn't work as expected   

I indeed using a plug-in (Kitchen Sink and (BIM41) Featured Content) on my community. Surprisingly that it does not affected your previous theme version. I will try to reinstall that plug-in again when the next theme version (1.0.5?) has been released. I wish I could upgrade your theme rather than reinstall the new one again but that's okay. I will try to remake all of my custom changes again. :cry:

Thank you for your reply. Cheers!

Edited by Foolboy
7 hours ago, tytanium said:

The theme disable some plugins with javascript :cry:

could you explain more please? or test it on default ips theme first

-

15 hours ago, Foolboy said:

I indeed using a plug-in (Kitchen Sink and (BIM41) Featured Content) on my community. Surprisingly that it does not affected your previous theme version. I will try to reinstall that plug-in again when the next theme version (1.0.5?) has been released. I wish I could upgrade your theme rather than reinstall the new one again but that's okay. I will try to remake all of my custom changes again. :cry:

Thank you for your reply. Cheers!

sorry do you mean the kitchen sink doesn't work? 

3 hours ago, TAMAN said:

sorry do you mean the kitchen sink doesn't work? 

I mean Kitchen Sink does worked perfectly with your previous theme version (1.0.3) and it does not affected any of your theme layout and settings. It is indeed still working on 1.0.4 too except that search icon changes, which may caused by the Kitchen Sink in my opinion. (I using the latest version (10) of Kitchen Sink)

I am currently staying with my customization of Magnum 1.0.3 and awaiting for your next version to be released before trying to upgrade and see if the Kitchen Sink (and (BIM41) Featured Content; it's only two plugins I currently using right now) still working. So, for your question, nope it's still working.

19 minutes ago, Foolboy said:

I mean Kitchen Sink does worked perfectly with your previous theme version (1.0.3) and it does not affected any of your theme layout and settings. It is indeed still working on 1.0.4 too except that search icon changes, which may caused by the Kitchen Sink in my opinion. (I using the latest version (10) of Kitchen Sink)

I am currently staying with my customization of Magnum 1.0.3 and awaiting for your next version to be released before trying to upgrade and see if the Kitchen Sink (and (BIM41) Featured Content; it's only two plugins I currently using right now) still working. So, for your question, nope it's still working.

im glad to hear that :) honestly it should work with anything that works with the default ips theme, the only change in default templates i have made is the search icon which i have removed the ugly font awesome icon and using an svg icon ^_^, even the search position settings from navbar to userbar is done purely via css :) 

Edited by TAMAN