A different article styles By Pages ( IP.Content )

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Taman!. The update it very good. We don't have now to make css changes with every update.

I have two questions.

I don't know why Display Template Group it's not working with one of my two databases. Look at this images, it's the same database configuration (Display Template Group=Display)

Captura de pantalla 2016-12-13 a la(s) 15.44.43.pngCaptura de pantalla 2016-12-13 a la(s) 15.44.33.png

And the links to the social network wich appears over image it's not appearing in S1 Three column, It's correct?Captura de pantalla 2016-12-13 a la(s) 15.52.34.jpg

Thanks!

Edited by Pedro Ibáñez

Hello Taman,

I noticed that you added the different article styles license to my account after the new Magnum theme update (thanks!), so I will use this thread to report issue related to the article style instead.

After Magnum theme 2.0.0, I reinstalled this article style using the instruction provided in the application download page. (on my IPS 4.1.17.1 of course) After template and plug-in installation went successful, I found that on "S1 Two Column First Featured" template, it shows a fatal error on the article template (home page) like this:

Error1.png

However, on the other templates, such as "S1 Two Column" or "S1 Three Column First Featured", it has no issue.

Error2.png

Error3.png

Am I do anything wrong during the upgrade process? Thank you in advance for your support.

S1 two column first features seems to be fine on my side, i just tested on both blocks and main database page

-

have you deleted the old templates?

Delete any template name that starts with S1 AND any template name that starts with a date for example 12.13.16 S1 Two column First Featured 

Just delete all the templates and then re upload :) 

39 minutes ago, Pedro Ibáñez said:

Hi Taman!. The update it very good. We don't have now to make css changes with every update.

I have two questions.

I don't know why Display Template Group it's not working with one of my two databases. Look at this images, it's the same database configuration (Display Template Group=Display)

Captura de pantalla 2016-12-13 a la(s) 15.44.43.pngCaptura de pantalla 2016-12-13 a la(s) 15.44.33.png

And the links to the social network wich appears over image it's not appearing in S1 Three column, It's correct?Captura de pantalla 2016-12-13 a la(s) 15.52.34.jpg

Thanks!

You need to select one of the S1 styles for display template

--

and yes the sharrer icons is just hided on three column image it appears on top only 

Edited by TAMAN
1 hour ago, TAMAN said:

have you deleted the old templates?

Delete any template name that starts with S1 AND any template name that starts with a date for example 12.13.16 S1 Two column First Featured 

Just delete all the templates and then re upload :) 

Of course, I tried and reinstalling it many time with no luck. :(

What could be a cause of this issue? It worked pretty fine on your previous theme version.

15 minutes ago, Foolboy said:

Of course, I tried and reinstalling it many time with no luck. :(

What could be a cause of this issue? It worked pretty fine on your previous theme version.

are you really sure you deleted all the templates? can you show a screen shot? xD like literally in every time i tell someone to delete all the templates and then later when they give me a login info to check i see dozen of duplicated templates :D  

Sure. Here are the template list I have. :hmm:

Error4.png

EDIT: This database configuration works for me at this moment.

Article Template: S1 Two Column

Listing Template: S1 Two Column First Featured

Display Template S1 Two Column First Featured

If I attempt to changed the article template to S1 Two Column First Featured, the homepage will crash.

Edited by Foolboy
56 minutes ago, Foolboy said:

Sure. Here are the template list I have. :hmm:

Error4.png

EDIT: This database configuration works for me at this moment.

Article Template: S1 Two Column

Listing Template: S1 Two Column First Featured

Display Template S1 Two Column First Featured

If I attempt to changed the article template to S1 Two Column First Featured, the homepage will crash.

I just tested with the download version i got the same issue, lol a mistake in two column first featured index, and i will fix it in next version, 

Thanks for reporting :) 

Edited by TAMAN
3 hours ago, TAMAN said:

You need to select one of the S1 styles for display template

Yes, It's selected  S1 style but the image still big

3 hours ago, TAMAN said:

and yes the sharrer icons is just hided on three column image it appears on top only 

Sorry but I can't see sharrer in the top TAMAN...

Edited by Pedro Ibáñez
5 minutes ago, Pedro Ibáñez said:

Yes, It's selected  S1 style but the image still big

Sorry but I can't see un the top TAMAN...

The image shows its full size, you can adjust height within the plugin settings if you enable fixed height for images 

1 hour ago, Pedro Ibáñez said:

I'm refering to the thumbmail image once insiste the article, the display template...

And where is the sharrer in top un S1 three column

Much thanks!

Sorry i dont really know what you talking about :hmm: whats wrong with display template? if you want to change the height  you must enable fixed height in the plugin, otherwise the image shows its full size

-the sharrer icons does not show in three columns style :/

Yes sorry my english...

I have two pages. The first called "Publicaciones" Shows a little thumbnail of the image  at the top left when you enter, that's how I like.

Captura de pantalla 2016-12-13 a las 21.45.15.png

The second page called " examen" shows the entire image at the top and if I set to 200 px heigh in the plugin the image is cropped not resisized.

Captura de pantalla 2016-12-13 a las 21.45.33.png

Plugin is not working in the same way to both pages...

The plugin does not resize or crop images, it just uses a fixed height and then using images as a cover, thats how it works 

14 minutes ago, Pedro Ibáñez said:

Plugin is not working in the same way to both pages...

the plugin is made to work with "A different article styles",  it does not work on other styles

10 minutes ago, Pedro Ibáñez said:

Sorry TAMAN, the problem is that this database is getting a "A different article styles" style while I'm trying not to do... I want to have the display template group display style but it's getting "A different article styles" style... 

58505e95f1a23_Capturadepantalla2016-12-13alas21_45_33.thumb.png.d985626c95e37ab67654acd1082405c3.pngCaptura de pantalla 2016-12-14 a las 1.25.06.png

oh i got it now, well, thats weird haha, have you ever copy pasted the styles into display group styles? 

or it might just be caching issues try to clean website cache files

ACP > Support > Something isn't working correctly

If you still cant fix it send me a login info i will check.

14 minutes ago, TAMAN said:

have you ever copy pasted the styles into display group styles? 

I don't know what's that and how to do...

14 minutes ago, TAMAN said:

ACP > Support > Something isn't working correctly

If you still cant fix it send me a login info i will check.

I still can't fix, I have sent you the login info.

Much thanks!

Edited by Pedro Ibáñez
  • 2 weeks later...