A different article styles By Pages ( IP.Content )

About This File

This is not a custom plugin or an application, This is a custom database templates and blocks created by Pages app 

________________________________________________________________________________

These are the article styles been used in Magnum theme 

A beautiful design to show articles in one column or two columns, you can assign the styles for the main database page or as a block anywhere you want, Clean coded and the templates are entirely responsive, it can work anywhere you want, Sidebars, Main area, database page or blocks...

requirements:  

Features: 

• Responsive and pixel-perfect design.
  • Works on main database page and/or as blocks anywhere
  • Auto-Matching colors to whatever theme your website is using, Clean coded and very easy to customize if needed.
  • No manual installations are required. All you have to do is uploading the .xml file and then selecting templates while you create a block or editing a Pages database. 
  • Comes with a gift ^_^ A News Feed block different than other styles, great to showcase articles as a mini block 

Installation:

The file included with a readme.txt Please however it is really easy to install, all you have to do is adding a css to your custom.css and uploading the template

Firstly I love it :lol:

ONE: The Two column images aren't big and 
dvfbghnjkjhgf.PNG 

TWO: I'm only going to use it as an block since I like the way that my page is here http://www.baysidegamers.com/reviews-articles/ But I can not get the block to work!! I added the new block and name it "test" then I selected the database feed which is the same feed from the link above and then picked the template and save, nothing. I added the block I keep on refreshing and it's not coming up   

Edited by EmpireKickass
1 hour ago, MascotInsider said:

Yes.

feel free to send me a message with a login info and i will set it up for you.

1 hour ago, EmpireKickass said:

Firstly I love it :lol:

ONE: The Two column images aren't big and 
dvfbghnjkjhgf.PNG 

TWO: I'm only going to use it as an block since I like the way that my page is here http://www.baysidegamers.com/reviews-articles/ But I can not get the block to work!! I added the new block and name it "test" then I selected the database feed which is the same feed from the link above and then picked the template and save, nothing. I added the block I keep on refreshing and it's not coming up   

any link to this page?

9 minutes ago, EmpireKickass said:

@TAMAN  I updated this page http://www.baysidegamers.com/reviews-articles/. Also I got the block to work here http://www.baysidegamers.com/test

I have an idea, but I wait till the image size is fixed before I go ahead with an idea

Go to ACP > Pages > Templates > Database Templates > Image Featured Two Columns > Entry 

from this template search for this css class

cCmsRecord_image

and delete it

delete only this word not anything else

Forgot to delete that in the new upload ^_^ 

Edited by TAMAN

@TAMAN Glad it's not an error from my end :lol:.. Right next step on my idea that I would like to have. :p

From the three Columns (or what ever) that has the image feature option, I would like to have around 11 Records showing that will look alike from my current home page.

Hello.PNG

S0 as you can see from the image above that there are Two and Three columns and so I would like to see them both merged into one template that will have that one database. If you check my home page and ou will see what I like other then it be your work/template  

With that other member might like that option...

Edited by EmpireKickass
55 minutes ago, EmpireKickass said:

@TAMAN Glad it's not an error from my end :lol:.. Right next step on my idea that I would like to have. :p

From the three Columns (or what ever) that has the image feature option, I would like to have around 11 Records showing that will look alike from my current home page.

Hello.PNG

S0 as you can see from the image above that there are Two and Three columns and so I would like to see them both merged into one template that will have that one database. If you check my home page and ou will see what I like other then it be your work/template  

With that other member might like that option...

I will when i get time ^_^

Thanks 

18 hours ago, MascotInsider said:

Followed the directions and sadly just get a 404 Error when I activate the template. Would love to know how to fix this! 

2 hours ago, MascotInsider said:

Sent! Thanks. 

You are not on latest version,  it wont work if you upload the .xml file on ips 4.1.14 and below

However i have fixed it for you and installed the styles manually ^_^  check your pm

Edited by TAMAN

hi, bought it, installed it, does not look as good as the example. www.goatgamers.com

i know it will be something ive done as opposed to anything else, what may i have done wrong ?

I did have a custom setup in custom.css before, should i remove/comment out this old style i had ?

8 minutes ago, Vanucci said:

hi, bought it, installed it, does not look as good as the example. www.goatgamers.com

i know it will be something ive done as opposed to anything else, what may i have done wrong ?

I did have a custom setup in custom.css before, should i remove/comment out this old style i had ?

to answermyself, yes i had to comment it out

9 minutes ago, Vanucci said:

If you have some customization codes in your custom.css then please paste my article styles on TOP of everything else

this might be due to the @media rule codes you haven't closed the tag

Edited by TAMAN
4 minutes ago, Vanucci said:

sorted it now thanks.

any chance of being able to ad hover on glow for each articles border ?

example being blue when hovered on and white when not.

Next update i will change the hover styles and adding one more style to the templates ^_^ 

Edited by TAMAN
25 minutes ago, EmpireKickass said:

also a request when you upload again that I personally like to add the updated code then uploading the template, half the time it doesn't get uploaded properly.

So update from three hours ago was just the CSS changes? Cool

You do not need to reupload the the xml file. If i change something important in templates I WILL add information

The last upload i only removed the css class in the template which cause the image to show smaller. and it was happened for you only, lucky you :D  you have already fixed by removing it ^^ 

so yea the version 1.0.1 is only css change which you can simply remove the old one and replace with the new one in your custom.css 

Edited by TAMAN

updted to 1.0.2 and it brioke the article system,

replaced the css and uploaded xml

got this error

ErrorException: template_store_missing template_cms_38cce7dfc00e51c8cab768b34a2eaeb9_092416_image_featured_two_column_s1 (0)
#0 /home/****/public_html/goatgamers.com/applications/cms/modules/front/database/index.php(134): IPS\cms\_Theme->getTemplate('09.24.16_image_...', 'cms', 'database')
#1 /home/****/public_html/goatgamers.com/applications/cms/modules/front/database/index.php(44): IPS\cms\modules\front\database\_index->view()
#2 /home/****/public_html/goatgamers.com/system/Dispatcher/Controller.php(96): IPS\cms\modules\front\database\_index->manage()
#3 [internal function]: IPS\Dispatcher\_Controller->execute()
#4 /home/****/public_html/goatgamers.com/init.php(442) : eval()'d code(14): call_user_func_array('parent::execute', Array)
#5 /home/****/public_html/goatgamers.com/applications/cms/sources/Databases/Dispatcher.php(299): IPS\Dispatcher\hook231->execute()
#6 /home/****/public_html/goatgamers.com/applications/cms/widgets/Database.php(124): IPS\cms\Databases\_Dispatcher->run()
#7 /home/****/public_html/goatgamers.com/applications/cms/sources/Pages/Page.php(1201): IPS\cms\widgets\_Database->render()
#8 /home/****/public_html/goatgamers.com/applications/cms/sources/Pages/Page.php(2104): IPS\cms\Pages\_Page->getWidgets()
#9 /home/****/public_html/goatgamers.com/applications/cms/modules/front/pages/page.php(72): IPS\cms\Pages\_Page->output()
#10 /home/****/public_html/goatgamers.com/applications/cms/modules/front/pages/page.php(44): IPS\cms\modules\front\pages\_page->view()
#11 /home/****/public_html/goatgamers.com/system/Dispatcher/Controller.php(96): IPS\cms\modules\front\pages\_page->manage()
#12 [internal function]: IPS\Dispatcher\_Controller->execute()
#13 /home/****/public_html/goatgamers.com/init.php(442) : eval()'d code(14): call_user_func_array('parent::execute', Array)
#14 /home/****/public_html/goatgamers.com/applications/cms/modules/front/pages/page.php(34): IPS\Dispatcher\hook231->execute()
#15 /home/****/public_html/goatgamers.com/system/Dispatcher/Dispatcher.php(129): IPS\cms\modules\front\pages\_page->execute()
#16 /home/****/public_html/goatgamers.com/index.php(13): IPS\_Dispatcher->run()
#17 {main}

I reverted back to older xml file

For you who wants to play with css . pic below ...

For this look i use gradient css ... i have another color for sidebar... 

/*Badges Background*/
.ArticleS1 .badges{
    background: darkred; /* For browsers that do not support gradients */
    background: -webkit-linear-gradient(
darkred, red); /* For Safari 5.1 to 6.0 */
    background: -o-linear-gradient(
darkred, red); /* For Opera 11.1 to 12.0 */
    background: -moz-linear-gradient(
darkred, red); /* For Firefox 3.6 to 15 */
    background: linear-gradient(
darkred, red); /* Standard syntax (must be last) */
}
/*Badges font color*/
.ArticleS1 .badges{
    color: #fff;
}
/*The little border color of badges*/
.ArticleS1 .badges:after{
    border-top: 10px solid {hextorgb="#e46161" opacity="0.84"};
}
/*The little border color of badges on sidebar*/
#ipsLayout_sidebar .ArticleS1 .badges:after{
    border-left: 6px solid {hextorgb="#e46161" opacity="0.84"};
}

### And you can play with radius as well ###

#ipsLayout_mainArea .ArticleS1 .badges {
    font-size: 10px;
    font-weight: 600;
    position: absolute;
    top: 10px;
    left: -10px;
    width: auto;
    padding: 5px 15px;
    text-align: center;
    letter-spacing: 1px;
    text-transform: uppercase;
    border-radius: 7px 7px 7px 0px;
}

2016-09-24_15-35-17.jpg

PS** If you are using Ipsfocus themes i have css for Chameleon, Brave, Wireless, and Titan if u need ... just PM me

Edited by Chris59