How can I create a "New Topics" stream?

Omri Amos

I want to create a page (activity stream) that will show me all the new topics that was CREATED lately on all the forums.

I tried to create a custom stream for this, but even though I chose "Content Items only" and not "comments", it still gives me new comments as well, not just topics:

2016-09-20_1350.png

2016-09-20_1351.png

Even though I chose ^ this ^ it still gives me new comments as well, not just topics.

What am I doing wrong?

I am able to create a working SIDEBAR with the "Topic Feed" widget (when sorting by "creation date" instead of "last update"), but I can't seem to find out how to do this with the activity stream - in order to have a "New topics" page/stream that is easily accessible. 

Thanks

7 hours ago, opentype said:

What you have created IS a new topics stream. It just shows you a part of the last answer in addition. If the user switches to condensed view, then it becomes more obvious. Unfortunately, the default display mode cannot be set in the ACP

It's not a new topic stream though, it lists the topics with the latest replies. For example, I set it up as above, and this topic is listed as 51 minutes ago, which is the last post, not the time the thread was created.

8 hours ago, opentype said:

What you have created IS a new topics stream.

NOT TRUE.

It shows UPDATED topics, not NEW topics. So for example a topic that was created 2 years ago but the last reply was 1 second ago - will appear first on the list, even though it is definitely NOT a new topic.

Basically it's running a query for topics with a sort by "last update", and what I ask for is to sort by "date created". Shouldn't be hard IMO, and it actually does exist on the "Topic Feed" widget....

1 hour ago, opentype said:

Guess we are disagreeing about the definition of “new topic” then. But it’s alright. What matters is the functionality and it works like you describe it of course. 

OP clearly stated in the first paragraph what he wanted to achieve and his definition of new topics (see quote below).

20 hours ago, Omri Amos said:

I want to create a page (activity stream) that will show me all the new topics that was CREATED lately on all the forums.

There is no way to setup an activity stream like this.

He can just have a list of new (updated) topics but not of new (created) topics.

Archived