Product feedback, suggestions, future

Tom_K

I remember there was once a document that listed the planned features but I can't seem to find it. Wasn't there even voting for the most requested feature?

I would love to see such a list again. Perhaps to see what we can expect in 4.2 and any other major changes in features that have been suggested (lightbox for images for all apps for example).

Product feedback forum is nice but many topics aren't marked by IPS staff as either planned, rejected etc. so the users have no feedback where IPS stands on the matter.

Sometimes it would be better to get an answer that something will never be added so at least we know where you stand.

Just my 5 cents. I think IPS are doing a great job communicating with customers, I just wish the Product feedback forum would be handled like the bugtracker and receive notes from IPS staff for each suggestion/topic.

That's it. Are there any plans to bring it back? There are a few bigger issues pending so it would be nice to know when they are planned to be improved.

I'm talking about things like topic marking improvement, handling of images in lightbox across all apps (an issue since 3.4 and not improved in IPS4) etc.

It's interesting to look through an archived version of the feature plan, and see how much of it has been done. Most of the "next up" features have been done, as well as the merge of all activity and VNC, but other than that I'm just hoping that the rest of the things on there are still on their roadmap, because I would really like to see some of them well integrated into the suite (community moderation <3).

I think it was removed because their feature plan is very subject to change, and they also didn't want to tell their competitors what they were planning.

That's very useful, thank you, but I was thinking more in terms of what is to come in 4.2. It has been said that this version will have more emphasis on introducing some bigger improvements which take more time to develop.

Is this still true and if so which major changes can we look forward to?

When will the lightbox issue be fixed so that Gallery becomes more user friendly to move from one image to another and forum attachments open in lightbox as well? Is this still planned for 4.2?

• Management

We got a little ahead of ourselves in talking about 4.2 previously. Our immediate goal is to continue making 4.1 rock solid while still introducing small, but useful things that add to the overall robustness of the suite. We're still planning many big things such as reputation system improvements, social engagement features and of course app sweeps that would cover things like the lightbox issue in Gallery (it drives me crazy too, for what it's worth.) We can't give you a specific timeline on that, but things are looking great so far with .15 and .16.

9 hours ago, Lindy said:

We got a little ahead of ourselves in talking about 4.2 previously. Our immediate goal is to continue making 4.1 rock solid while still introducing small, but useful things that add to the overall robustness of the suite. We're still planning many big things such as reputation system improvements, social engagement features and of course app sweeps that would cover things like the lightbox issue in Gallery (it drives me crazy too, for what it's worth.) We can't give you a specific timeline on that, but things are looking great so far with .15 and .16.

Does that mean these big things will be introduced/improved gradually through new versions of 4.1 or are they still planned for 4.2 but it will take longer than initially planned to get to 4.2?

Archived