Alert members that their post was hidden

Day_

Would be nice if there was a way to alert members automatically when their post has been hidden, either by sending a default PM regardless of their inbox quota or settings. Another option would be a note to be left where their post was that only they and staff can see. Your post was removed by [insert moderators name] because [insert reason], similar size text to when a post is made by a user you have on ignore with a warning sign next to it.

Can be time consuming having to contact each member every time a post is removed, if we don't contact members sometimes believe their post didn't go onto the forum for whatever reason and post again.

Found it works well to let members know their post was hidden as other times they may not even realise, it's kinda like a reminder of the forum rules.

There is a market download that could help you with that.

You can set up a rule to alert you when a member hides/unhides a post/topic. Does a whole load of other things as well, and does have a little learning curve, but should do what you want easy enough.

I totally agree with @daveoh and was planning on suggesting this myself.

This would save so much time for moderators and keep down conflicts between users and mods. Users on my board often complained why a certain message was hidden and why they weren't notified. The reason was it would take too much time to notify them by PM so automating this would be awesome.

P.S: I see the mention user bug is still alive and well since I can't mention the OP.

+1 from me - would be extremely useful. At present we insist the Moderators send a PM - to not do so causes so much aggro. We also use an add on "Member Note" to record the action against the member. All in all, it's a cumbersome process.

I don't have an issue using 3rd party add-ons, but I've looked at Automation Rules and am put off by the learning curve.

This would also work great for forums that are moderated. If a certain topic is not approved, the moderator could enter a reason and that would automatically be forwarded to the topic author.

@Lindy could you give us some feedback, if IPS would consider adding this feature to make moderating easier and cause less conflicts with the users?

Archived