this is uncool

Chris Bell

@Lindy
so my subscription expired, i decided to hold off with renewing,
if reasoning is of interest.. ill explain, i am not happy paying for a product development!
especially a product that keeps developing in the wrong diction for me,

the updates are lovely, but these aren't improving existing functions or existing code i already paid for,
yes i renewed both my subscriptions before; but i still don't see any benefit in keep updating, every other week,
im paying with my time on top of my hard earned money for updated that have no benefit to me or my existing product,
when you buy an operating system you don't pay for each update the company feels it needs to fix to better its own product,

i repeatedly chimed in and expressed my opinion, only to be overruled by developer eager to see new functions they can play with,
which none of us site owners really care about!

my rant atm is why now that i decided not to renew my subscription...
i have to live with this red alert now at the top of my home page without the option to close it?

Untitled.jpg

2 minutes ago, Brad Eden said:

Typically you can remove the Update alerts at top of admin Home page. But when they are in a red block I assume they are too important to allow easy removal....?

Yes, exactly this.

30 minutes ago, Chris Bell said:

which none of us site owners really care about!

Don't speak for me.

31 minutes ago, RevengeFNF said:

With Microsoft you buy the Operating System.

Here you buy a service that allows you to have support and download new versions of a script that you do not own. 

well... that is not exactly correct! i paid for 2 Suits separately, then a 6 month subscription to each one of them!
so you are mixing two things here i paid for,

12 minutes ago, Brad Eden said:

Typically you can remove the Update alerts at top of admin Home page. But when they are in a red block I assume they are too important to allow easy removal....?

how?
normally even when my subscription was active (its been inactive for less than a month) there was an X you could close the alert, be it red or gray one!
it is now gone and i do not get that option to close it,

9 minutes ago, Edward Shephard said:

To be fair it's been at least a month since we had a good 'why can't I close the red banner' rant.

people have other interest in life than to follow how often clients complain about the same issue,
if this is a known issue and IPS didn't  come up with a fair solution, this is simply WRONG!

6 minutes ago, Simon Woods said:

Yes, exactly this.

Don't speak for me.

im speaking for myself; and clearly "To be fair it's been at least a month since we had a good 'why can't I close the red banner' rant. "
many other, you don't have to comment if you don't feel the same,

if you want to take it a step forward, it is not me who made the security hole, it is IPS!
and as such it is in their best interest to fix this for FREE!

it is their name and reputation on the line here... not mine!
yes they have established a good reputation, but so did Bill Clinton before he serviced his secretary...

If you can't maintain your community, then shut it down. Your members don't deserve to be on a website that is not as secure as it can be.

Have you considered it may not be feasible to offer free updates, or that the software is still written by developers who need to feed themselves?

1 minute ago, Thomas K. said:

If you can't maintain your community, then shut it down. Your members don't deserve to be on a website that is not as secure as it can be.

Have you considered it may not be feasible to offer free updates, or that the software is still written by developers who need to feed themselves?

get a life troll

Archived