Ban Members From Forums

• 4 weeks later...

Hi Adriano!

Just bought your application and already have some suggestions:

1) How about to exclude the banned forums from the category view also? Currently the member is still allowed to see those forums in the parent categories

Снимок.PNG

These five forums are banned for the member from visiting. But they are still there :(

2) You say that " Topics from banned forums are excluded from Activity Streams, Search results and from user profiles. "

They are excluded from Activity Steams, true. But the posts and topics are still available for the user to view in the other users' content! :(  (which means, that the banned user still can check the posts by viewing others guys' profiles)

here: mydomain.ru/forum/profile/100-test/?do=content&type=forums_topic_post&change_section=1

and here: mydomain.ru/forum/profile/100-test/?do=content&type=forums_topic&change_section=1

Could you please check, if there is a bug, or is that supposed to work in this way?

Thanks,

Hi Adriano,

I've found another issue with your application enabled:

When we open a "dead" link of a topic, which doesn't exist (e.g. it was recently deleted), the System logs show 5 errors related to this issue, the content of them is all the same. Also, this error is presented on the board, when we try to visit that non-existing link:

wrong.PNG

By the way, when the Application is disabled, there are no Logs, it's just shown there this error:

wrong2.PNG

In my opinion, if the topic doesn't exist, there should be no logs created, it's just a "normally typical" error for the Forum (as shown on the picture above).

• 5 months later...
  • 5 months later...
On 8/27/2016 at 10:28 AM, Adriano Faria said:

About This File

This application will allow admins to ban a specific user from specifics forums in his profile on Admin CP. Those members won't be able to:

• View the topic list (forum view)
  • Read a topic from the banned forum

Topics from banned forums are excluded from Activity Streams, Search results and from user profiles.

Does this work with 4.2? 

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 months later...

Although members can't see the actual posts on the activity stream, they're still getting notices that there are new posts (coming from forums they are banned from) when they're on the activity stream page. When they click the notice to see the posts, it appears as a horizontal bar in the stream. This is different from the subforums and clubs they don't have permission to view, where they don't get notices for the new content in those areas and the activity is fully invisible on the stream.

The subforum I wanted to use this plugin with is pretty active, so they would see this notice a lot.

Is there any way to hide the new activity notice from them too?

• 1 month later...

Hello, I just purchased this plugin, and I notice that I cannot grant access to people or groups in the "Administrators" panel in the AdminCP. If I check "Grant access to Ban Members From Forums?" for a member or group, and then save, when I look again it is unchecked.

• 7 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...