Merging 2 IPS4 forums

NoGi

Has anyone here merged 2 separate IPS4 forums into a single forum before? You can merge a non IPS forum into an existing forum but no mechanism to put 2 IPS4 forums together. I've asked support and they have confirmed this.

Want to know if anyone has done this outside of support?

There isn't a method to do so currently, this will be a future addition to the conversion application, however this portion of it isn't completed just yet.

Short of a proper converter app to do so, the only other way would be to convert once of the sites to something that supports an IPS4 conversion, then once one is converted, convert the second one to the same site, then convert back to IPS4.  Pretty much a circle jerk around the town and back to get it done,  it would be better to wait a little while longer for a proper IPS Converter that supports this. 

On 8/9/2016 at 0:38 AM, Rhett said:

There isn't a method to do so currently, this will be a future addition to the conversion application, however this portion of it isn't completed just yet.

Short of a proper converter app to do so, the only other way would be to convert once of the sites to something that supports an IPS4 conversion, then once one is converted, convert the second one to the same site, then convert back to IPS4.  Pretty much a circle jerk around the town and back to get it done,  it would be better to wait a little while longer for a proper IPS Converter that supports this. 

@Ryan Ashbrook

Any updates?

• 1 month later...
On ‎22‎/‎08‎/‎2016 at 4:26 PM, Brentnauer said:

@Ryan Ashbrook

Any updates?

52 minutes ago, NoGi said:

Hey guys, would love an update. Surely I can't be the only person around wanting to merge 2 IPS forums together?

It's still on our roadmap for the converter application, however I don't have an ETA for you at this time.

8 minutes ago, Stuart Silvester said:

It's still on our roadmap for the converter application, however I don't have an ETA for you at this time.

Thanks for the update. Is there a way to currently do a merge outside of the conversation tool? I'm asking as I am currently discussing a potential merger atm and both forums are on IPS4 and wouldn't want to run them separately for an undetermined time.

1 hour ago, NoGi said:

Thanks for the update. Is there a way to currently do a merge outside of the conversation tool? I'm asking as I am currently discussing a potential merger atm and both forums are on IPS4 and wouldn't want to run them separately for an undetermined time.

On 8/8/2016 at 9:38 PM, Rhett said:

• 5 weeks later...
On 10/5/2016 at 6:15 PM, Rhett said:

Been holding off on the circle jerk, as I used the IPS 3 converter several times in the past with minimal headache. That said, the 4.x converter has been "in the pipeline" for almost 2 years. For those holding off, is this coming in the 4th quarter or more like in v5.0? 

8 hours ago, Volvospeed said:

Been holding off on the circle jerk, as I used the IPS 3 converter several times in the past with minimal headache. That said, the 4.x converter has been "in the pipeline" for almost 2 years. For those holding off, is this coming in the 4th quarter or more like in v5.0? 

It's still on our Converter roadmap that we're actively working through (the next version includes two new converters ;) ). I wouldn't expect to see it before the end of 2016 though.

• 2 months later...
On 5 de novembro de 2016 at 7:10 PM, Stuart Silvester said:

It's still on our Converter roadmap that we're actively working through (the next version includes two new converters ;) ). I wouldn't expect to see it before the end of 2016 though.

I am still waiting for the tool to merge forums. Please mark it as priority as long as there is a long time we are waiting for it. Thanks!!

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Archived