Babblet: Real Time Chat Lite

CodingJungle

They use the same core technology, Sockets and Nodejs. Babble has many more features, such as rooms, bots, notifications, custom commands and command aliasing. Babblet is a single room (its widget uses the same room as the main app does), Its more comparable to IP.Chat in this regard than Babble is. Its meant for people who want a bit more control over their chat environment than IP.Chat offers, without the resource drain that a shoutbox has.

6 hours ago, CodingJungle said:

you mean IPS Community in the cloud? you can use it, but you would need something like a digital ocean server or something you can configure node.js on (as i don't believe IPS offers this atm).

No, I use a classic web hosting plan at OVH to host my forum. But I think it won't work unless I use a dedicated server..

I'm not sure what they mean by "classic" other than it could mean its a shared host. if they don't allow you to install and/or execute scripts, then its unlikely you can use babble directly on it. you could check out digitalocean.com, they have low cost cloud computing you can spin up a server and install node to that, then use it as your node.js server.

Archived