Optional Ban Reasons

Arbiter7

I feel like there should be a way to give a optional ban reason because a member won't know why they got banned unless you gave them warnings beforehand. A lot of other forum softwares have this feature and its essential in my opinion. There aren't any plugins to fix this problem with IPB4 so I'm at a loss.

Unless I'm missing something, a warning doesn't show the ban message to the user on the ban page, it just emails it to them. I know that is better than using the ACP ban option, where there is no reason, but it would still be much better, IMO, to display the warning on the ban page.

• Management
17 minutes ago, Colonel_mortis said:

Unless I'm missing something, a warning doesn't show the ban message to the user on the ban page, it just emails it to them. I know that is better than using the ACP ban option, where there is no reason, but it would still be much better, IMO, to display the warning on the ban page.

The warning system can be set so the user cannot post until they acknowledge the note from the moderator. If you view the guide I linked to you can learn about all the features of the warning system.

19 minutes ago, Charles said:

The warning system can be set so the user cannot post until they acknowledge the note from the moderator. If you view the guide I linked to you can learn about all the features of the warning system.

I know, but that doesn't change what happens when a user is banned - when they are banned, unless I am very much mistaken, they are simply taken to a page telling them that they have been banned, without any details of why they were banned (or suspended), and even if they are suspended they can only view the warning to acknowledge it when the suspension is finished.

Archived