What happened with the $0.99 Cent mobile app idea?

SJ77

Thank God the idea of making an App is dead and buried. I didn't like it and would not pay for it. I've had terrible experiences with tapatalk, which i've shut down since migration to 4.0. Don't miss it for a second. 

4 hours ago, xtech said:

Thank God the idea of making an App is dead and buried. I didn't like it and would not pay for it. I've had terrible experiences with tapatalk, which i've shut down since migration to 4.0. Don't miss it for a second. 

I for one would like a presence in the app markets. Simply being responsive doesn't get you a seat at the table in the app store. The traffic is all in the market place.

How old are you ... ?    (just out of curiosity)

The problem with the apps is... "another app" to add to the 234029 that everybody has on their phones. What drives people in is usefulness and quality of the content, and fulfilment of "hedonistic goals", depending on the type of "community" you have.

Of course a dedicated app would be great, but it's expensive. If it's an app for all our forums, i don't think it's that great. You have tapatalk for it, if you want.

I'm 31. 

Is your photo from yourself? (curiosity too!).

yes but tapatalk doesn't even work. I had to remove it.

I want the name of my app and community to come up in search results in the apple store and google market place. The reason I asked your age is because I believe non millennials see the world differently. We remember the early web and understand that an app isn't really much more than a fancy link to a website in many cases. However, I know many millennials who won't even consider looking at something unless it has an app. They are a totally different customer with different needs and they are a LARGE part of the online market. I am sad that we don't have a way to even make a play for their business in our communities. Of course there are a lot of exceptions to every blanket statement but researching millennials for some time in my real life job has given me lots of insight. (no it's not me)

Thank you ^_^

I would be OK with a mobile app if it was not required to use on mobile devices. In other words, if it is a choice if my members wanted purchase it and use it and not taking away the current responsive abilities IPB has now. I do not want my members forced to purchase an app to view in mobile view. 

As always  I have learned to be careful what you ask for, so I say this, I also do not think my members should be asked if they wish to purchase a mobile app while viewing my site in responsive mobile view. ^_^ 

I dont know about yall.. but no matter how responsive a site is on mobile.. its laggy as hell trying to browse throught a lot of topics and stuff like that... and my big ol fingures hit like the wrong thread all the time...  Now a app like tapatalk is awesome.. they have chat, and an easy interface to browse through the forums... I only wish they would develop some addons that are on the forum and the app.

Archived