Good Support

Pyrotechnic

There are a few topics on here titled "Poor Support", so I have titled mine "Good Support".

Having been a customer for a good few years now, I have to say I have had very little issues with the forum and when I have, support have always been dealt with me quickly and efficiently. I have probably asked some of the daftest questions through support, but again, never been sent to the forums, always had the response and where required the action. So if anyone is looking at what the support is likely to be prior to purchase, I have nothing but praise. Long may it continue.

Ditto. It's all perspective. I recently had a 14 year old Board Converted to IPS. (Ikonboard believe it or not...) The IPS Custom Services team who performed this very complicated Conversion (PERL to PHP) was great to work with. The results weren't perfect, but all things considered, quite remarkable, and my community stayed alive. My old Board software was dead and obsolete and hadn't seen an upgrade for 10 years. Having the new IPS Support and the Community Forums is a god send. It's easy to take IPS for granted if you've never experinced what I did. I'm quite happy so far with not only the IPS Board but the overall Support from IPS.?

• 2 months later...

When I've had to submit a ticket, I have no complaints on the response time nor the responsiveness of the reply.  Of course, most of mine has been basically house cleaning, but the one technical one I submitted was also handled (and resolved) with no complaints from me.

My biggest complaint (and this is not an IPS fault) is trying to get help on the forums can be somewhat like pulling teeth from a hungry grizzly. :rofl:

• 2 weeks later...

Support just helped me with a problem that had been frustrating me for quite awhile.  The response was spot on, no back and fourth canned responses.  The representative actually read my ticket, understood my issue and wrote a great reply.  You just don't see that everywhere.

So, I just wanted to say that I had a wonderful experience with my last support ticket and I really do appreciate the help I received.

Archived