• Management
5 hours ago, InvisionHQ said:

OS X Snow Leopard - safari 5.1

iPad 3rd

iPad 2 (5.0)

OS X Lion - safari 6

Google Nexus 4

---------------------------------x

Autotest link seems to works, it's the fix posted here that not works.

3 hours ago, GlenP said:

The test site  works on an HTC Desire X running Android 4.1.1

Great, thanks. These changes will be in 4.1.14.

• Management

I'm afraid really old Android versions (your 4.1 example is from 2012) do not support modern concepts of mobile CSS so we may not be able to fix ancient platforms.

Google has stopped updating pre-4.4 Android and, as we often say, if the vendor doesn't support it then generally neither do we.

9 minutes ago, Charles said:

That's nice. Still not supporting something the vendor doesn't ^_^

Vendors only support Android phones for 1 year and half, maximum... Google requirement. Most of them not even that.

We can't ask our members to buy a new phone every year and half.

Talking about my community, if i check Google Analytics, i still see members using those versions,

To be clear, the issue has been fixed for Android phones, which I expect make up the majority of < v4.4 devices. The issue may remain for some Android tablets where we can't identify it as being a phone (so therefore it doesn't use the phone-sized responsive styles).

8 minutes ago, Charles said:

There are still people using IE 8 too but we have to draw a line somewhere. 

I totally agree with that. I just don't agree that the line should be draw after only 4 years.

I will give you an example. Google still supports SSL3 because IE6 don't work with TLS... Yes IE6. They know they would loose some clicks if they didn't support it.

With the case of the minimum php version, i agree... Its our responsability to update php, its free and we need to guarantee the security of our members. But im not responsible for updating my members phones and i can't control that.

6 hours ago, Rikki said:

To be clear, the issue has been fixed for Android phones, which I expect make up the majority of < v4.4 devices. The issue may remain for some Android tablets where we can't identify it as being a phone (so therefore it doesn't use the phone-sized responsive styles).

Thanks Rikki.

So it is the OS and not the browser causing this i.e. downloading a newer browser won't fix it?

Personally, I'd upgrade from 4.1.13 to 4.12.3 and bite the bullet when 4.2.1 comes out but I don't think Cloud Support would allow that.

6 hours ago, Rikki said:

Just FYI, but it is running fine in Google Chrome on an Android converted HP touchpad running Android 4.4.4

I think I've found a fix which will help things on old Android tablets ^_^

Regarding upgrading, I'm not sure exactly how Android works. If there's a central browser component (like on iPhone), installing a different browser probably wouldn't help - you'd need to upgrade the OS itself.

Just now, Windwalker222 said:

Just FYI, but it is running fine in Google Chrome on an Android converted HP touchpad running Android 4.4.4

4.4 (KitKat) and higher should be fine, yeah.

Archived