Vertical thread titles

Has anyone come across a situation where thread titles are shown vertically rather than horizontally.

Vertical thread titles.jpg

The affected users have been using a variety of devices and browsers.

know it is not just us as I found this comment re another Invision based Forum

http://www.greasylake.org/the-circuit/index.php?/topic/126549-what-is-happening-to-my-thread-title-display/

Thanks

Neil

5 hours ago, Rikki said:

This issue only affects older Android versions (4.1 and earlier I believe testing showed) and early Safari versions. There'll be a fix in the next release to improve the display for those older versions.

Excellent. I am still getting contacted by some Members concerning the strange vertical type problem throughout the board.

20 hours ago, Rikki said:

This issue only affects older Android versions (4.1 and earlier I believe testing showed) and early Safari versions. There'll be a fix in the next release to improve the display for those older versions.

What are you calling "early" Safari versions? Those included in iOS 7? We have users reporting this issue but they haven't told us what version they have.

On ‎16‎/‎07‎/‎2016 at 7:27 AM, FZ said:

I have a user on Android 4.4.2 with the same complaint. All my systems are up to date. 

21 minutes ago, marklcfc said:

I have complaints regarding this too after upgrade from 3.4 to the latest version

On ‎12‎/‎07‎/‎2016 at 4:35 PM, Rikki said:

Just to re-iterate, 4.1.14 contains a fix for this issue.

To be clear, this only affects really old Android devices. You can add this to your custom.css file in the meantime:

/* Fixes layout issues on safari 6, chrome 19-23 (which caused problems on old android devices) */
_::-moz-svg-foreign-content, :root .ipsContained_container > span {  
    display: inline-block !important; 
}

/* Fixes layout issues on safari 4 */
_:window-inactive, body:nth-last-child(n0) .ipsContained_container > span { 
}

2 hours ago, Rikki said:

To be clear, this only affects really old Android devices. You can add this to your custom.css file in the meantime:

/* Fixes layout issues on safari 6, chrome 19-23 (which caused problems on old android devices) */
_::-moz-svg-foreign-content, :root .ipsContained_container > span {  
}

/* Fixes layout issues on safari 4 */
_:window-inactive, body:nth-last-child(n0) .ipsContained_container > span { 
}

Those who have the error state there was no change after applying this.

Archived