Centos 7 - php 5.4

I currently have a Forum installed on a centos 6 Box and would like to move it over to a Centos 7 machine.

The issue I'm having is that the default version of php is 5.4 which you appear to have completely dropped support for. 

Red hat actually support all the software in the base repo for 10 years after release so to say it is unsupported isn't really true. I know a lot of people have said just pull later versions from the remi repo but i have had issues in the past where it will upgrade to a newer versions that break's apps as they relied on features that got deprecated. Remember Invision might not be the only thing running on the server. 

Is there anyway this requirement can be relaxed if your running on Centos, RHEL or scientific Linux ?

2 hours ago, jeffreysmith said:

I currently have a Forum installed on a centos 6 Box and would like to move it over to a Centos 7 machine.

The issue I'm having is that the default version of php is 5.4 which you appear to have completely dropped support for. 

Red hat actually support all the software in the base repo for 10 years after release so to say it is unsupported isn't really true. I know a lot of people have said just pull later versions from the remi repo but i have had issues in the past where it will upgrade to a newer versions that break's apps as they relied on features that got deprecated. Remember Invision might not be the only thing running on the server. 

Is there anyway this requirement can be relaxed if your running on Centos, RHEL or scientific Linux ?

Hi,

No, I'm afraid the latest versions of IPS4 will not work on PHP 5.4 (they use new functionality introduced in PHP 5.5).

PHP 5.4 is unsupported by the PHP developers, which is the information we use to determine EOL of PHP versions ( http://php.net/eol.php ).

7 minutes ago, AutoItScript said:

The remi-php56 repo works great on Centos - been using php from remi for years. ^_^ 

I second this.  I'm using remi-php56 on my CentOS 6.x boxes.  Otherwise I'd be forced to keep using PHP 5.3.  

Archived