Calendar - events on first monday of every month, not poss

.Ian

Having started to use the calendar for events the lack of being able to repeat events on a particular weekday is rather lacking.

Many events repeat on say the third wednesday of a month, yet this is not possible. Yes you can repeat on say the 5th of every month but events rarely work like this as the 5th is a different day each month.

Would be great if someone could even release this as a hook.

Thanks!

Would be great for recurring events, this schedule is how a lot of small events / meetups organise!

You dont realy get the "5th of each month" as we know the day that falls in changes each month.

The "First Friday of each Month" is a lot more common.

Google Calendar has it as "Repeat by: [] day of month OR [] day of week" would be great to see this Feature Added:

repeat.png

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...

It's a very basic feature of any calendar.  You should be able to set up an event to occur on every Mon/Tue/Wed/Thur/Fri/Sat/Sun of a month for the 1st, 2nd, 3rd, 4th week, etc.  To not be able to do this simple function is a major failure in a calendar app.

This REALLY needs to be addressed.  For a core app, it should have had it and is probably something that @Lindy and them have not even realized.  Hopefully it's not that they have realized it but chose to ignore it.

Right now I'm having to go in and do individual calendar entries (along with customizations for them) one at a time for an event that is the 2nd Wednesday of every month.

• 8 months later...

Going back to the start of 2013, there was hope

On 1/31/2013 at 4:27 AM, bfarber said:

We have several ideas regarding Calendar. There are no promises or guarantees for any of this, but off the top of my head some of the high level areas that could use attention IMO:

• An "agenda" view that presents the information in a more event-based rather than date-based format
  • Tag support will be added in a future update for sure
  • Better recurring event support. There are many recurring event options in other calendar systems which ours does not currently support (i.e. repeat every other week, repeat on the third Wednesday of each month, and so on)
  • Flesh out the new RSVP feature to provide more options and functionality, including notifications, yes/no/maybe capability, show or download list of attendees, etc.)

These are just a few things off the top of my head I know I've jotted down to explore when we get to working on the next major overhaul of Calendar. I'm certain there are more. But to address your question, Calendar isn't forgotten - some areas of our suite just needed more attention first.

In 2014 it was picked up as desperately needed.

On 7/25/2014 at 9:16 PM, optrexnz said:

Yes please, desperately need this :)

As an additional, an event location map would be extremely useful

2016 and people are still asking for it

On 6/30/2016 at 0:09 AM, .Ian said:

Having started to use the calendar for events the lack of being able to repeat events on a particular weekday is rather lacking.

Many events repeat on say the third wednesday of a month, yet this is not possible. Yes you can repeat on say the 5th of every month but events rarely work like this as the 5th is a different day each month.

Would be great if someone could even release this as a hook.

Thanks!

Having come back to IPS, this week, I was actually SHOCKED to see it STILL hadn't been implemented. Every single user of my current calendar has their event on the 3rd or 4th Thursday of the month as an example.

Please please is there a plugin, mod or something that makes calendar usable for my sites?

Archived