Links Directory

3 hours ago, Durango said:

Other question : i set the number of results per category to 50, but it keeps showing only 25 results per page, why ? it's much better for SEO to show rich pages so more results & content is better per page

Can't reproduce this. See:

Capturar.png

I have added, for this test, 51 links, so it has to display 2 pages:

- Page 1:

New_Category_IPS_Community_Suite_2017_03_05.png

- Page 2:

Capturar.png

3 hours ago, Durango said:

es for instance if i am in the "travel sites" category, it would be perfect to see "Other sites in this category :"

yes like what you've made for Downloads :)

but instead of same user > same category

Done:

- New setting:

Capturar.png

Link view:

Capturar.png

It will display 30 random links from the same category.

• 3 weeks later...

yes i was afraid its the only way to do it, just makes the urls longer, but i guess it will do the job...

thanks, another quick question, is there a way to use database relationship fields as extra field in links?

thanks

"It's alangbit. You can change it at anytime on your ACP." you replied someone asking how to rename the app on h1 title and menu
what did you mean by lang bit?

Hi @Adriano Faria, I noticed that your Links Directory app is not reporting when there is a new version available.  Here's a screenshot from my applications control panel below - I see you have 5.0.6 available and mine is at 5.0.4.2.  I was expecting to see an "update available" icon next to it.  Can you fix this so we are alerted when you do updates?  Thank you!

58d420941708a_Screenshot2017-03-2312_21_21.png.8054101613ed42c3dae09b329735cd34.png

58 minutes ago, Mike Gholson said:

Hi @Adriano Faria, I noticed that your Links Directory app is not reporting when there is a new version available.  Here's a screenshot from my applications control panel below - I see you have 5.0.6 available and mine is at 5.0.4.2.  I was expecting to see an "update available" icon next to it.  Can you fix this so we are alerted when you do updates?  Thank you!

58d420941708a_Screenshot2017-03-2312_21_21.png.8054101613ed42c3dae09b329735cd34.png

Your best option now is to follow my files then you'll get notified when I update them.

Edited by Adriano Faria

Hi Adriano!

Happy to see that you developed the upgrade of this great app :) I just upgraded to the new IPB and am updating older apps. When trying to update this one, I got the following error:

Sorry, you do not have permission for that!
1S111/1 Unknown column 'link_views' in 'field list'

Any idea what I should do here?

Muito obrigado!

JB

• 2 weeks later...

Upon upgrading from 3.4.x to 4.1.9.2 I got the following error:

1S111/1 Can't DROP 'category_title'; check that column/key exists

The app is there but can't be used. Some tables are available and data seems there but not usable.

I tried reinstalling, same error.

Uninstalling and installing works but data is lost.

Any ideas?

11 minutes ago, RObiN-HoOD said:

Uninstalling and installing works but data is lost.

If you uninstalled, then you lost your data. You should have requested support before doing that.

Do you have a backup ? If you still have it, send a dump from links_ tables so I can retest the upgrade stuff; it always worked and it was used for a bunch of users here.

Edited by Adriano Faria