Links Directory

Version 5.0.5 Beta 1 is ready and will have the following new features/changes:

• 4.1.17 Compatibility version (Quick Tag Edit).
  • Commerce integration
    • Admin will be able to charge per link submission. There's a new tab on Settings for the Commerce integration. The price is set per category, so admin must use different values, if wishes.
  • Paid Links won't appear on ModCP -> Approval Queues, so moderator won't approve them by mistake. They will be approved after the payment is processed by Commerce.
  • Manual upload of thumbnail on link view: for those moments when the API is offline or the thumb isn't grabbed for some reason.
  • Rework on category template for mobile devices to make the thumbnail larger
  • More.

----------------------------------

Edited by Adriano Faria
On 20/01/2017 at 9:49 AM, Adriano Faria said:

Version 5.0.5 Beta 1 is ready and will have the following new features/changes:

• Commerce integration
    • Admin will be able to charge per link submission. There's a new tab on Settings for the Commerce integration. The price is set per category, so admin must use different values, if wishes.
  • Paid Links won't appear on ModCP -> Approval Queues, so moderator won't approve them by mistake. They will be approved after the payment is processed by Commerce.
  • Manual upload of thumbnail on link view: for those moments when the API is offline or the thumb isn't grabbed for some reason.
  • More.

----------------------------------

Please, it would be nice if clients could test the app.

@SammyS and @Muddy Boots, please test the PAID submission, since you both showed interest on this.

Getting this error appearing nearly every minute in the system log

01/25/2017 04:34 AMlinksInvalidArgumentException (0)

Backtrace reads

#0 /home/system/File/File.php(217): IPS\_Image::create(Object(IPS\Http\Response))
#1 /home/applications/links/sources/Screenshot/Api/Webthumbnail.php(50): IPS\_File::create('links_Thumbnail', 'links-11-5e9440...', Object(IPS\Http\Response), NULL, true, NULL, false)
#2 /home//applications/links/sources/Screenshot/Screenshot.php(69): IPS\links\Screenshot\Api\_Webthumbnail->cacheThumb()
#3 /home//applications/links/sources/Link/Link.php(481): IPS\links\_Screenshot->getImage()
#4 /home//chat/system/Patterns/ActiveRecordIterator.php(52): IPS\links\_Link::constructFromData(Array)
#5 /home/chat/applications/links/modules/front/links/browse.php(163): IPS\Patterns\_ActiveRecordIterator->current()
#6 [internal function]: IPS\links\modules\front\links\_browse->rss()
#7 /home/badhabi5/public_html/chat/system/Dispatcher/Controller.php(85): call_user_func(Array)
#8 [internal function]: IPS\Dispatcher\_Controller->execute()
#9 /home//init.php(443) : eval()'d code(14): call_user_func_array('parent::execute', Array)
#10 /home/system/Dispatcher/Dispatcher.php(129): IPS\Dispatcher\hook26->execute()
#11 /home//index.php(13): IPS\_Dispatcher->run()
#12 {main}

What's New in Version 5.0.5:

• Commerce integration
  • More.

Similarly to my post in Classifieds thread 

Would it be possible to think of reformatting the hook so that it is larger? Currently the thumbnails are very small which makes them illegible and further the formatted text around them has issues. (ideally they could have the same formatting as links stream within the application)

Links.png

Links OK.png

I use this on my custom.css : 

.ipsThumb_tiny {
    max-width: 120px;
    max-height: 120px;
}

.ipsThumb_bg.ipsThumb_tiny {
    width: 120px;
    height: 120px;
}

.ipsThumb_small {
    max-width: 80px;
    max-height: 80px;
}

.ipsThumb_bg.ipsThumb_small {
    width: 80px;
    height: 80px;
}

It is breaking on mobile, but I am going to use different sizes for mobile and desktop to resolve this problem

• 3 weeks later...

Hey

Congrats for the last improvements

It would be great to have for each website page : "Other websites in the same category" and then we can show X other sites of the same category

that's very good for the visitor, and very good for Google (SEO)

Hi Adriano

yes for instance if i am in the "travel sites" category, it would be perfect to see "Other sites in this category :"

yes like what you've made for Downloads :)

but instead of same user > same category

Other question : i set the number of results per category to 50, but it keeps showing only 25 results per page, why ? it's much better for SEO to show rich pages so more results & content is better per page

tx :)

Just now, Durango said:

yes for instance if i am in the "travel sites" category, it would be perfect to see "Other sites in this category :"

yes like what you've made for Downloads :)

but instead of same user > same category

I can do that. 

1 minute ago, Durango said:

Other question : i set the number of results per category to 50, but it keeps showing only 25 results per page, why ? it's much better for SEO to show rich pages so more results & content is better per page

Not sure. Will take a look and fix it, if that's the case.