Marketplace is available with the active licence only

RPG-support

May be it is the time to make your store free without need to have the active license in order to purchase something. You are getting the tax from the every purchase there and from the every money transfer.

For example, you do not pay the entrance fee when you are going to the supermarket. So, make your shop like the supermarket.

123123.jpg

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well, this is a COMPANY feedback and I'm not from IPS but will post my opinion anyway since I am also involved in this as a contributor.

Among other things, here goes only (and there are more) two reasons:

• Licence: access to the Marketplace is part of some license perks... In other words: why someone would need to buy the license if is easy to download a nulled version and buy on marketplace? It will be the end of IPS because instead of earn $175 (only Core and Forum), will earn cents/$1 from each resource! ^_^
  • Piracy: there are hundreds of warez sites out there that collect money via donation from their users to buy things here. Today is hard to them, not impossible, but hard to try to keep an account here (hosted or self hosted), buy and distribute resources. They are discovered from time to time. An "open" marketplace will make things really easy.

I hope management will have good sense and don't even take this into consideration, or if does, make it a PER CONTRIBUTOR thing. I don't want to have my resources available to non licence holders.

When we are on the Google's Play Market then we are free to download without the entrance fee.

It is incorrect in principle to connect questions of the free market (Marketplace) with the questions of piracy and licensing. The questions of piracy and licensing may be solved by other means: police, edvertisement and good quality of the software. And the contributors should not depend on all thiss stuff. Since all this (police, edvertisement and good quality of the software) is not the problem nowadays, I think that it is not proper to force customers to purchase or renew the lisence (something they may be do not need now).

It is good idea to make it PER CONTRIBUTOR thing as the interim measure on the way to the free democratic market.

9 minutes ago, RPG-support said:

Play Market (Google) has thousands products (mostly free) and it is free for everybody. 

That doesn't prove your opinion at all - so stop stating it as fact. I personally think that if your request was actioned then you'd find less developers posting their products....but that is my opinion, not fact.

• Management

You don't need an active license to use the marketplace. You do need license though. Are you suggesting opening to the marketplace to people who have never had a license? Other than piracy, what would be the reasoning behind allowing that?

9 minutes ago, Lindy said:

You don't need an active license to use the marketplace.

Then I am little bit confused by the screenshot above telling that renewal will provide the full access to the Marketplace.

Are you suggesting opening to the marketplace to people who have never had a license? Other than piracy, what would be the reasoning behind allowing that?

Yes, I am suggesting that developers without the licence may upload files to the Marketplace to make competition, to increase the number of products and to make it as popular as Google Play Market. And the users without licence may purchase to increase the commodity turnover.

Other than piracy, what would be the reasoning behind allowing that?

It is not possible to stop the pirates because they will always find the way. Better to increase the number of the normal people in the circle.

14 minutes ago, RPG-support said:

I am suggesting that developers without the licence may upload files to the Marketplace to make competition

You mean people didn't buy the software (pirates users) must have the same benefits than I, who pays $90 to do it?

You gotta be kidding! :lol:

So the guy use a pirate version (didn't pay for it) and still will make money with it, on IPS ?

Funny, at least. :thumbsup:

16 minutes ago, RPG-support said:

Yes, I am suggesting that developers without the licence may upload files to the Marketplace to make competition, to increase the number of products and to make it as popular as Google Play Market. And the users without licence may purchase to increase the commodity turnover.

23 minutes ago, Lindy said:

How would they be able to develop for IPS if they don't have a licence for IPS? I'm quite simple, perhaps I am missing something.

• Management

I'm not sure how "normal people" would be able to create quality resources and support them if they've never had a license and thus legitimate access to the product. Nonetheless, we're not interested in opening the marketplace to people who have never held a license. 

Expired licenses can access the marketplace. If someone comes across an instance where this isn't the case, please submit a ticket to my attention so I can take a look. I just tested with a couple expired client accounts and had no issue. Those in the "visitors" group will not be able to download. Members and Clients should be able to.

If you wish to sell your products to Non-IPS license holders, those with nulled boards, sell your products on your own site where you can control the permissions.  

I fail to see the benefit of allowing a 3rd party developer, whom does not own a license and has no legitimate access to the software and development tools, to submit files to the Marketplace.  

It's not about an entrance cost, it's about legitimate access to the software and it's proprietary development tools.  

Look at Apple, you must pay $99/yr to become a developer and list products in their store.  No different than IPS.  Android is a FREE platform, and thus not a comparable platform.  

19 minutes ago, Lindy said:

I'm not sure how "normal people" would be able to create quality resources and support them if they've never had a license and thus legitimate access to the product.

They will develop products for their customers who has the licence.

12 minutes ago, Aiwa said:

It's not about an entrance cost, it's about legitimate access to the software and it's proprietary development tools.  

The minimum licence cost is something about 30 USD. This is more about the entrance cost rather than legitimate access check.

Anyway open access will be alive automatically whereas restricted access will be strugling to survive. 

This is the opinion. 

• Management
5 minutes ago, RPG-support said:

They will develop products on for their customers who has the licence.

That's custom development and independent of the marketplace. I think the valid use case for this scenario is limited at best, but we appreciate the feedback nonetheless. 

2 minutes ago, The Jimmo said:

There are a lot of *ifs* and holes in your theory. Opening up the system just for this small chance is not a good thing.

The number of products and the commodity turnover value speak themselves. On the Play Market, but not here.

Just now, RPG-support said:

The number of products and the commodity turnover value speak themselves. On the Play Market, but not here.

Quantity does not equal quality. Pushing away the few quality contributors we do have now by expanding the market and making what we have attempted useless will just flood the market with useless crap IMO.

Archived