OAuth Server

wohali

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hallo

Thanks a lot for this application! :)

I've installed it to see if I can replace the other Chat Solution I currently run. The setup worked quite well. In the first attempt I got the Paths wrong (missing /oauth/ in the url). Not sure where I found those urls.

Currently in Rocket.Chat I have the "Scope" field empty. Is that the correct setting?

And does anyone know is there a way to move the avatar over to Rocket.Chat?

Thanks! :rofl:

2 hours ago, ossipetz said:

Hallo

You're welcome!

I've installed it to see if I can replace the other Chat Solution I currently run. The setup worked quite well. In the first attempt I got the Paths wrong (missing /oauth/ in the url). Not sure where I found those urls.

Currently in Rocket.Chat I have the "Scope" field empty. Is that the correct setting?

Empty will use the default, which I believe is OK. Going on memory here, so correct me if I'm wrong.

Not easily. Rocket.Chat doesn't import the avatar over the OAuth bridge even though I've implemented support for it on the IPS side. I filed an upstream ticket on this but no action was taken. :(

On 4/27/2017 at 7:30 PM, RevengeFNF said:

Rocket.Chat using a widget on my forum looks really nice.

19db165864544124bc1564e0b7248ce4.png

Did you just place that at the bottom of the discussions?  Appearing on every page or?

10 hours ago, ossipetz said:

Hallo

Thanks! :rofl:

I have scope empty too iirc and works fine.

On 5/3/2017 at 8:17 PM, wohali said:

Not easily. Rocket.Chat doesn't import the avatar over the OAuth bridge even though I've implemented support for it on the IPS side. I filed an upstream ticket on this but no action was taken. :(

Do you have a link for this ticket, I can't find it on GitHub, although i thought i recalled marking it.

• 2 weeks later...

New install. Getting this error. The redirect uri is set to exactly what RocketChat said. Any ideas? My only thought is my IPB site is SSL but my RocketChat server is not. That shouldn't matter though.

{"error":"redirect_uri_mismatch","error_description":"The redirect URI provided is missing or does not match","error_uri":"http:\/\/tools.ietf.org\/html\/rfc6749#section-3.1.2"}

Hi @Ohio Riders sorry to hear you're having trouble. I'll try and diagnose publicly as best as I can.

The specific error you're getting states that the callback URL that's being passed to IPS during the authentication process by Rocket.Chat does not match the callback URL that's in the ACP. Here's the link to the actual code returning this error: https://github.com/wohali/ips4-oauth2-server/blob/e83d372d8fc90eacee3b1fd331bf9acfe67d62ae/sources/OAuth2/Controller/AuthorizeController.php#L161-L166

Please double check in Rocket.Chat's Custom OAuth page (under Administration > Settings > OAuth > Custom OAuth: <name>) for your Callback URL - this will be of the form http://your.rocketchat.server/_oauth/name (with no trailing period!) Ensure that this is entered in the ACP under Community > OAuth2 Server Applications > (your application) > Edit > Redirect URI. Any difference here - even upper/lowercase - might cause this issue.

If you continue to have problems, delete and recreate the integration both in IPS4 and Rocket.Chat.

Beyond that, I'd need admin access to both your servers. I'm kind of busy for the next few days but I could give it a look if absolutely necessary.

FYI I have 0.55.1 and 0.56.0 running fine here, so those specific versions shouldn't be the problem.

If you have Pages, embedding rocketchat in a widget is pretty easy using a custom block that contains an iframe with a pointer to your Rocket.Chat installation, such as:

<iframe id="iframe" src="https://your-rocketchat-server.yourdomain.com/channel/general">
</iframe>

Without Pages I think there are some add-ons in the marketplace that let you put custom HTML in a widget, but I haven't looked very closely.

Hallo

I've started on a Online Users list for Rocket.Chat widet: 

But currently it seems to only work on the development forum :-(

If anyone would be a bit adventurous to give it a try (see link above for the beta version). I don't know if another application / plugin interferes with this one and I have no errors. Please let me know if you gave it a try and what was the result.

I'm having some issues. When I click on the login button I get this:

The requested URL /applications/oauth2server/interface/authorize.php was not found on this server.

I discovered that the php files were actually in /applications/oauth2server/interface/oath. I changed the urls in the rocket chat settings and I still get the same error. Any suggestions? 

Thanks!

58 minutes ago, wohali said:

Hi @Matthew H.,

Delete your OAuth integration in Rocket.Chat and re-create it. You can follow the walkthrough steps here in order if you want a step-by-step:

https://github.com/wohali/ips4-oauth2-server/blob/master/Rocket.Chat.md

Let me know how it turns out.

That worked thanks!

But now I get this:

{"error":"redirect_uri_mismatch","error_description":"The redirect URI provided is missing or does not match","error_uri":"http:\/\/tools.ietf.org\/html\/rfc6749#section-3.1.2"}

What should I do? Thank you!

Check your spelling and capitalization in the ACP for the redirect URL. It needs to exactly match what you have set up in Rocket.Chat. My guess is that you didn't update it after you deleted and recreated the OAuth setup in Rocket.Chat. Someone else had the same problem a few posts back, here's what I told them:

On 2017-05-24 at 10:31 PM, wohali said:

The specific error you're getting states that the callback URL that's being passed to IPS during the authentication process by Rocket.Chat does not match the callback URL that's in the ACP. Here's the link to the actual code returning this error: https://github.com/wohali/ips4-oauth2-server/blob/e83d372d8fc90eacee3b1fd331bf9acfe67d62ae/sources/OAuth2/Controller/AuthorizeController.php#L161-L166

Please double check in Rocket.Chat's Custom OAuth page (under Administration > Settings > OAuth > Custom OAuth: <name>) for your Callback URL - this will be of the form http://your.rocketchat.server/_oauth/name (with no trailing period!) Ensure that this is entered in the ACP under Community > OAuth2 Server Applications > (your application) > Edit > Redirect URI. Any difference here - even upper/lowercase - might cause this issue.

If you continue to have problems, delete and recreate the integration both in IPS4 and Rocket.Chat.

20 hours ago, wohali said:

Check your spelling and capitalization in the ACP for the redirect URL. It needs to exactly match what you have set up in Rocket.Chat. My guess is that you didn't update it after you deleted and recreated the OAuth setup in Rocket.Chat. Someone else had the same problem a few posts back, here's what I told them:

Okay I fixed this, thank you! Now I have one more problem. When I click the login button, I get a popup to my forum's login page. I login and then it closes and I get a message in the top right hand corner that says "no matching login attempt found." I tried logging in as a different user I created but that didn't work either.

Archived