Someone reported an account as a spammer - why tell me?

Washerhelp

Hello,

I recently had a dozen spammers create accounts and I clicked the Flag as spammer button on them all so they would be deleted and banned. I then received a dozen emails telling me "someone" had reported these accounts as spammers. As I was logged in as root administrator I did not expect to be notified of something I myself did. Shouldn't there be an option to not notify admins of actions they themselves have done? It seems pointless?

The emails are essential but it wouldn't be hard for the system to note that the report was made by an admin, and therefore it would be nice to have the option of not receiving emails about your own activity if you are an admin.

One thing the emails can help with is record keeping. So, if there is a bug or your account gets hijacked, this is one way in which you can verify actions having been taken on your account but not by yourself.

With even just this one useful outcome in mind (you yourself admit they are "essential"), my question is: why don't you use a different email address for your account and the site address? That way the emails continue to happen whilst you don't get annoyed by them.

Archived