Template System

2 hours ago, MGeek said:

@HeadStand

Hello! How can you get rid of the show this list?

53453.png

To make additional fields are displayed immediately when a new topic?

1. In the ACP, go to Community -> Template System ->  Containers
  2. Find the forum you want to work with and click edit
  3. Choose a template from the "Default Set" dropdown
  4. Turn on the "Required" field
  5. Press Save

That should do it.

29 minutes ago, HeadStand said:
  1. В АСР , перейдите в Сообщество -> Шаблон System -> Контейнеры
  2. Найти форум, который вы хотите работать и нажмите Изменить
  3. Выберите шаблон из "Default Set" выпадающего списка
  4. Включите "обязательное" поле
  5. Нажмите Сохранить

Это должно сделать это.

Unfortunately it did not help. Still shows the list and an empty field by default :( 

• 2 weeks later...
On 8/30/2016 at 10:27 AM, MGeek said:

Unfortunately it did not help. Still shows the list and an empty field by default :( 

Can you please take a screenshot of your containers screen? That would be in the ACP under Community -> Template System -> Containers.

20 hours ago, Quetip said:

A similar problem here. Can't get it to display custom field on calendar. Running IPS Community Suite v4.1.14.3

2016-09-12_12-31-10.jpg

I'm not having any issues here with the Calendar. The only thing I can think of is that if you have more than one calendar and another calendar (not the Community Calendar) has a set assigned to it, the dropdown will show up and be disabled, like in your screenshot above. Unfortunately, there's no way for me to actually HIDE the field (and then show it later)... .that's just a downside of the way the calendar dropdown is designed. It's completely out of my control.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi there,

I just bought the app and I'm a bit confused right now. I thought that the app will enable me to use custom fields to enhance the creation of topics.
Like "Please insert your Version" and this information will be added to the post. But nothing at all happens. :( 

I created a few fields, group them by a set and added this set to a container. I added this container to a forum and I can see my fields if I create a new topic in this forum. But ... the fields are not displayed after I save my topic. They are still enabled (I can see them by editing the post) but they will not inserted into the post or above / behind the content.

I'm not sure if something wrong or if I am just to stupid to get it working :sweat:

Edit: IPS 4.1.15

Edited by Admonstrator
On 9/25/2016 at 10:22 AM, Admonstrator said:

Hi there,

I just bought the app and I'm a bit confused right now. I thought that the app will enable me to use custom fields to enhance the creation of topics.
Like "Please insert your Version" and this information will be added to the post. But nothing at all happens. :( 

I created a few fields, group them by a set and added this set to a container. I added this container to a forum and I can see my fields if I create a new topic in this forum. But ... the fields are not displayed after I save my topic. They are still enabled (I can see them by editing the post) but they will not inserted into the post or above / behind the content.

I'm not sure if something wrong or if I am just to stupid to get it working :sweat:

Edit: IPS 4.1.15

I apologize for the delayed response. I've been on holiday for the last few days; this is the first time I've been at my desk in nearly a week.

I have tested this app under 4.1.15 and I am having no issues at all. Everything displays properly. Are you by any chance using a custom theme? That's the only thing I can think of that might interfere... if the theme is custom and not calling the post content correctly.

24 minutes ago, HeadStand said:

I apologize for the delayed response. I've been on holiday for the last few days; this is the first time I've been at my desk in nearly a week.

I have tested this app under 4.1.15 and I am having no issues at all. Everything displays properly. Are you by any chance using a custom theme? That's the only thing I can think of that might interfere... if the theme is custom and not calling the post content correctly.

No problem here. I was just a bit confused because I saw that you were online but no response here. I'll delete the negative feedback on your marketplace item - don't worry.

I'm using a custom theme, yeah - but it's not working with the default theme either. So, to clearify the way to get this app working:

1. Create a few fields
  2. Group them as a container
  3. Assign the container to a forum
  4. Create a new topic and fill out those new fields
  5. The fields will be added to the post after creating the post?

Is this correct?

3 minutes ago, Admonstrator said:

No problem here. I was just a bit confused because I saw that you were online but no response here. I'll delete the negative feedback on your marketplace item - don't worry.

I'm using a custom theme, yeah - but it's not working with the default theme either. So, to clearify the way to get this app working:

1. Create a few fields
  2. Group them as a container
  3. Assign the container to a forum
  4. Create a new topic and fill out those new fields
  5. The fields will be added to the post after creating the post?

Is this correct?

It's really group them as a set, then assign the set to a container (which is a forum), but I think you have the general idea.

At this point I'd need to troubleshoot directly on your forum, since I can't reproduce it here. Is there any chance I can get temporary ACP access? If so, please PM me with the credentials and I'll take a look.

@Admonstrator it appears that this app is conflicting with the "Lazy Load Videos" plugin that you have installed. If I disable that plugin, the fields show up properly.

This is not something that I can fix for you, you would need to contact the author of that plugin. I don't have access to the code there, but an educated guess is that the hook file is not properly calling the parent method, which is preventing my code from running. Feel free to quote me on that to the author, and he can contact me if any clarification is necessary.

4 hours ago, Liyu said:

Could I add categories to Blog app  with your app?

I mean I need to give to users the ability to post to a number of categories and than to be able to sort blog posts by these categories...

No. This app doesn't add categories, nor does it handle sorting. For blog, it would add custom fields when posting a new blog entry.

On 06.10.2016 at 6:15 AM, HeadStand said:

No. This app doesn't add categories, nor does it handle sorting. For blog, it would add custom fields when posting a new blog entry.

But I still could add some prefilled fields to blog entry. Or no?

Have just installed the app..

Created for blog set of fields (checkboxes). When I save post with checked checkbox does not appiers of front end. And then if I open editor I see that my checkbox not checked - , field value does not save at all.

What it might be? tell please...(