TS3 Integration

59 minutes ago, PirateCaptain said:

I'm having an annoying problem here, I'm CERTAIN we are entering the correct credentials for the teamspeak server yet ips throws me this

2dtoV.png

Any ideas what could be cause?

That's the error that the TS server itself returns so no idea what it could be except for invalid info :/

Did you try to use telnet or YaTQA to test the connection?

2 hours ago, PirateCaptain said:

I'm having an annoying problem here, I'm CERTAIN we are entering the correct credentials for the teamspeak server yet ips throws me this

2dtoV.png

Any ideas what could be cause?

Just throwing it out there, but you're using the serverquery admin user name and pass, not the actual admin's user and pass correct?

On 6/27/2016 at 3:24 PM, kotaco said:

Just throwing it out there, but you're using the serverquery admin user name and pass, not the actual admin's user and pass correct?

Sorry had to battle with OVH a few days to get my site back up, hence the slow response

@kotaco correct, and only found out after going through ts for what feels like forever :(

No more problems here, and now I absolutely love this app.

• 2 weeks later...

Two Errors that I could use help with:

1. Widget Wont Display

" This block cannot be shown. This could be because it needs configuring, is unable to show on this page, or will show after reloading this page. " 

2. Errors on UUID Save or Member Edit in

when ever anyone enters their UID they get this error

Sorry, there is a problem

parameter not found

Error code: 1539

However the UUID still gets saved.

ADDITIONALLY

When ever a edit for a user is made in the ACP that has their UUID saved, the ACP returns  1539 parameter not found  and none of the changes are saved. 

The plugin as a result is not setting usergroups in teamspeak. This is a fresh install in IPB in the latest version. 

15 hours ago, Skamadix said:

Two Errors that I could use help with:

1. Widget Wont Display

" This block cannot be shown. This could be because it needs configuring, is unable to show on this page, or will show after reloading this page. " 

2. Errors on UUID Save or Member Edit in

when ever anyone enters their UID they get this error

Sorry, there is a problem

parameter not found

Error code: 1539

However the UUID still gets saved.

ADDITIONALLY

When ever a edit for a user is made in the ACP that has their UUID saved, the ACP returns  1539 parameter not found  and none of the changes are saved. 

The plugin as a result is not setting usergroups in teamspeak. This is a fresh install in IPB in the latest version. 

Here is the error log for issue #2

Exception: parameter not found (1539)
#0 [internal function]: IPS\ts3integration_hook_ts3_setter_getter->set_ts3_uuid('asd')
#1 /home/carbon/public_html/system/Patterns/ActiveRecord.php(337): call_user_func(Array, 'asd')
#2 /home/carbon/public_html/init.php(434) : eval()'d code(29): IPS\Patterns\_ActiveRecord->__set('ts3_uuid', 'asd')
#3 [internal function]: IPS\core\modules\front\system\ts3integration_hook_ts3_uuid_setting_tab->_tsuid()
#4 /home/carbon/public_html/applications/core/modules/front/system/settings.php(55): call_user_func(Array)
#5 /home/carbon/public_html/system/Dispatcher/Controller.php(96): IPS\core\modules\front\system\_settings->manage()
#6 /home/carbon/public_html/applications/core/modules/front/system/settings.php(35): IPS\Dispatcher\_Controller->execute()
#7 /home/carbon/public_html/system/Dispatcher/Dispatcher.php(129): IPS\core\modules\front\system\_settings->execute()
#8 /home/carbon/public_html/index.php(13): IPS\_Dispatcher->run()
#9 {main}

Hi Ahmad E.

I am interested in purchasing this fantastic looking Application, however I have a couple of questions.

1. Does the Teamspeak server need to be located on the same server as the IPS software? I am assuming not and I simply have to add the webhost IP to my teamspeaks whitelist, but just want to be sure.
  2. If I add someone to a server group on Teamspeak who has set their unique ID on their forum account, will it add them to that user group on the forums? Or does it only work one way.

Thanks

1 hour ago, Neej said:

1. Does the Teamspeak server need to be located on the same server as the IPS software? I am assuming not and I simply have to add the webhost IP to my teamspeaks whitelist, but just want to be sure.

They do not need to be located on the same server, you just need to whitelist the forums IP as you assumed.

1 hour ago, Neej said:

2. If I add someone to a server group on Teamspeak who has set their unique ID on their forum account, will it add them to that user group on the forums? Or does it only work one way.

It does only work one way and I would like to keep it so. I don't want someone to be able to gain privileges on the forum through TS.
Though there is an option to remove the groups on the forum when removed on TS.

Edited by Ahmad E.
19 minutes ago, Ahmad E. said:

It does only work one way and I would like to keep it so. I don't want someone to be able to gain privileges on the forum through TS.
Though there is an option to remove the groups on the forum when removed on TS.

Ahh damn that is unfortunate. I can understand the reason behind the security thing though.

Thanks for the response, I think I'll wait to see how the app develops and new features you add.

29 minutes ago, Thomas Due Halfdaner said:

Hi..

I not sure i understand what you mean.. 

I have created 2 more groups in TeamSpeak called, "VIP" and "Moderators" - But they don't show up in the IPB Group interface.

Does the group exist as a user group on your IP board?

9 minutes ago, Thomas Due Halfdaner said:

@Neej

Yes. I have these groups, on my user groups in my IPB

2016-07-21_14-18-17.png

They sync up every 24hours. You can do that manually by doing the following:

Go to ACP->Advanced Configuration-> "View Tasks" (this is a very little link in the description)->Run the task "updateTsGroups"

Hi, Folks:

I was impressed by this package, so I purchased and installed. Connection to our TS server is running perfectly everywhere, all ports are open to integrate and credentials are correct - but I'm getting failed messages. I've run third party port checkers - accessed core serverquery TS features from Putty myself and everything looks good. I just can't get it working from the IPBoard host (instance hosted with them) - any ideas on what could be the issue? I'm entirely perplexed that I'm doing the same thing from ten different directions and things are good, but still I'm still failing from the direction that actually counts.

Thanks in advance...

Drew

123.jpg

[Update] Unfortunately it appears this app cannot be used with IPS Board hosting. It may be helpful to actually state that in the product detail so others like me do not make the same mistake. Tragic, as this looks awesome and I was looking forward to integrating. Would I be able to reverse my purchase since I cannot use the product that I paid for? 

Cheers

Edited by [OBAG] Drew
update
On 29.7.2016 at 1:38 AM, [OBAG] Drew said:

[Update] Unfortunately it appears this app cannot be used with IPS Board hosting. It may be helpful to actually state that in the product detail so others like me do not make the same mistake. Tragic, as this looks awesome and I was looking forward to integrating. Would I be able to reverse my purchase since I cannot use the product that I paid for? 

Cheers

Thanks for the info provided. Unfortunately I never used IPS hosting so I didn't know that.

IPS does not usually give refunds for Marketplace purchases but I think this is a special situation where they would agree. PM @AndyF for a refund (I cannot refund you directly).

Also some of you might have noticed that I'm not really active anymore...
I'm currently having some in real life issues and they are taking up my whole spare time until those are solved this project will be on-hold. I will still fix bugs and compatibility issues with new IPS versions but no new features until everything is resolved, I'm afraid. :(

If you need something from me, please send me a PM, this way I get emails which I check regularly.

Edited by Ahmad E.

Just wondering when the next "major" update is coming out?  I know originally you were saying late June/early July for the management features.  Not mad or concerned, just looking for an update (I work Software QA in real life so I know how timelines are).