TS3 Integration

Support topic for my TS3 Integration APP.

Features:

• Automatically sync groups
  • Members can have multiple UUIDs
  • Force members to enter their UUID
  • TS Viewer as widget
  • Show UUID form on register (optionally force members to enter it)
  • Edit TS Server information from within the ACP
  • Send global alert to the TS from within the ACP
  • Unlink UUIDs as an admin
  • (Mass)Poke/Kick/Ban Clients from within the ACP
  • Add/Edit/Delete/Copy Server Groups from within the ACP
  • Add/Edit/Delete/Copy Channel Groups from within the ACP
  • Ban syncing.
  • Create/Deploy Server Configuration Snapshots from within the ACP
  • View ban list/Unban members/IPs

Features to come someday.:

• Multiple server support

Source Code:

The source code for this application is publicly available from now on here: https://github.com/ABSAhmad/IpsTeamSpeakIntegration/
However there will be no support provided for those who do not purchase this application.
By not purchasing, you also do not support the continued development of this application.

Credits:

THIS DOES NOT WORK WITH IPS HOSTING!

5 hours ago, David Angel said:

Ok. So I purchased it, added the settings, all that nice stuff. Now I get errors nonstop via Group Editor.

A configuration or server error has occurred

Edit:

If the username you chose has a space in its name, it will cause this error.

The TS username or IPS username?

3 hours ago, ADKGamers said:

This is great to see!

A feature that would be cool if possible is keeping track of a users time within team speak. 

I'll look into it.

2 minutes ago, David Angel said:

The TS Username. This part:

e39e90a019.png

It's no big deal, but some people might want to put spaces xD  

I don't think TS accepts spaces and that's why it errors out but I'll look into it and forbid spaces if TS doesn't want them. About the groups, only primary group right now. Secondary group support will be added today most likely.

Just now, Ahmad E. said:

I don't think TS accepts spaces and that's why it errors out but I'll look into it and forbid spaces if TS doesn't want them. About the groups, only primary group right now. Secondary group support will be added today most likely.

Ah ok! 

Wow Secondary Group support today? Ahmad you are literally a God right now if you can get it to work for more than just 1 secondary group. This is going to be a huge hit! :D 

I found a bug @Ahmad E. chan! It seems Everything works beautifully on this version, the new one, but it will change your Admin name on Teamspeak to a number everytime. Well, let me explain.

<10:34:27> "Sarumonin" was added to server group "Recognized Community Member" by "Headquarters47".

<10:36:14> "Sarumonin" was added to server group "Premier Sponsor" by "Headquarters99".

I changed the name from Headquarters to Magic.

10:39:15> "Sarumonin" was added to server group "Recognized Community Member" by "Magic54".

Just adds a number, I assume its a query thing. D: 

3 minutes ago, David Angel said:

I found a bug @Ahmad E. chan! It seems Everything works beautifully on this version, the new one, but it will change your Admin name on Teamspeak to a number everytime. Well, let me explain.

<10:34:27> "Sarumonin" was added to server group "Recognized Community Member" by "Headquarters47".

<10:36:14> "Sarumonin" was added to server group "Premier Sponsor" by "Headquarters99".

I changed the name from Headquarters to Magic.

10:39:15> "Sarumonin" was added to server group "Recognized Community Member" by "Magic54".

Just adds a number, I assume its a query thing. D: 

That's not a bug but a feature. As per changelog that fixes an issue 'nickname already in use' that I've encountered when testing. I'll see if I can work-around it in another way though.

1 hour ago, David Angel said:

But no one in my server is called any of that o.o 

I've just released another update which removes the random number again.

The issue was that I had a function named "init" which was being called automatically by IPS behind the scenes (I didn't know it would do that) and I would call that manually a second time so in the end it tries to establish two connections with the same name -> error.

Renamed my function now and works fine ^_^

Firstly thanks for making an app like this, can we have the option to use privilege keys instead of UUID's for increased security. The same UUID could be used over multiple TeamSpeak servers and are to be protected.

What if any measures are in place to stop User A from obtaining the UUID of User B (by whatever method) and then pretending to be User B, potentially causing a lot of disruption, pr if User B had Server Admin rights a lot of damage.

Thanks

Edited by Valthos

@Ahmad E.

I just noticed there are TWO TS3 tabs in groups now.

4baeeea210.png

Next to Donations does NOT work. Next to Chat does. 

That seems to be a bug in IPS itself not removing old extensions (I'll create a bug report for this). 
To fix it on your install remove the file /applications/ts3integration/extensions/core/GroupForm/ts3integration.php  (the one with the 3 in the name).

My members are getting this error:  2564 access to default group is forbidden

Member's cannot be assigned default/template TS groups through this app.

49 minutes ago, Valthos said:

Firstly thanks for making an app like this, can we have the option to use privilege keys instead of UUID's for increased security. The same UUID could be used over multiple TeamSpeak servers and are to be protected.

What if any measures are in place to stop User A from obtaining the UUID of User B (by whatever method) and then pretending to be User B, potentially causing a lot of disruption, pr if User B had Server Admin rights a lot of damage.

Thanks

Do you mean instead of having them to enter their UUID, they would get a privilege key for their groups?

10 minutes ago, Ahmad E. said:

Do you mean instead of having them to enter their UUID, they would get a privilege key for their groups?

Yea, no UUID's required from user. App creates key and then uses it to assign the users groups. 

14 minutes ago, Ahmad E. said:

That seems to be a bug in IPS itself not removing old extensions (I'll create a bug report for this). 
To fix it on your install remove the file /applications/ts3integration/extensions/core/GroupForm/ts3integration.php  (the one with the 3 in the name).

Member's cannot be assigned default/template TS groups through this app.

It was working yesterday though o.o Just normal groups and they didn't get anything. v_v just an error

Just now, Valthos said:

Yea, no UUID's required from user. App creates key and then uses it to assign the users groups. 

The downside of this would be, there wouldn't be automatic actions anymore. Like when group(s) is/are changed, member is banned etc. because the script wouldn't know who is who.
I can see if it is feasible to store the clientid instead of UID, although the user would still need to enter their UUID atleast once.

1 minute ago, David Angel said:

It was working yesterday though o.o Just normal groups and they didn't get anything. v_v just an error

Hmm, that's weird then. Nothing that I've changed should cause this. Mind PMing me your info so I can take a look, please?

Couple of presale questions to clarify. 
We use two different groups on TS3 to identify our members.  Their primary group of course to set their permissions, in addition to a secondary group that is just for the ranks. 

So Primary Group = Officer, Secondary Group = Captain for example. This matches our forums precisely. 

Will this integration (I know you said your working on it) when complete, automatically adjust their TS3 groups/ranks when they are adjusted on the forums? 

I also don't see an issue with the UID storage, profile fields can be set to be visible to the admin and that user only which is plenty secure for me.

Edited by kotaco
6 minutes ago, kotaco said:

Couple of presale questions to clarify. 
We use two different groups on TS3 to identify our members.  Their primary group of course to set their permissions, in addition to a secondary group that is just for the ranks. 

So Primary Group = Officer, Secondary Group = Captain for example. This matches our forums precisely. 

Will this integration (I know you said your working on it) when complete, automatically adjust their TS3 groups/ranks when they are adjusted on the forums? 

That functionality has already been added ^_^
There is an option to "remove groups" or not to. If you set it to yes, TS users will only be assinged the groups that they have on the forum, so any additional groups they may have will be removed. If set to no, groups will never be removed from TS, so if they had additinal groups they won't be removed only new ones assigned.

9 minutes ago, kotaco said:

I also don't see an issue with the UID storage, profile fields can be set to be visible to the admin and that user only which is plenty secure for me.

It is not stored in profile fields, it's stored in the database and is only shown to the user. But I think @Valthos is referring to situations where a forum does get hacked or something similar.

Just now, Ahmad E. said:

That functionality has already been added ^_^
There is an option to "remove groups" or not to. If you set it to yes, TS users will only be assinged the groups that they have on the forum, so any additional groups they may have will be removed. If set to no, groups will never be removed from TS, so if they had additinal groups they won't be removed only new ones assigned.

It is not stored in profile fields, it's stored in the database and is only shown to the user. But I think @Valthos is referring to situations where a forum does get hacked or something similar.

Sold. Thank you sir.