About This File

Logs information about all logins performed on your site, whether they are successful or not. The following information is logged:

• Time of attempt, Member account
  • Username/Email used, IP Address
  • Attempt number
  • Result

It should be noted that there is the potential for massive amounts of data to be stored with this application on busy sites, so I recommend you use the LOG PRUNING setting to prune old logs daily.

Upgrade from version 1.1.0 (IP.Board 3.X):

• Simply perform a FRESH INSTALL of version 2.0.0 and the installer will insert the logs from the old app into the new and will delete all data from old app.

What an amazing application, the fact it's free is amazing, one issue i am having though is the ip addresses are not showing correctly, they are showing the ip addresses associated with the account not the ip addresses of the people trying to hack the accounts.

1 hour ago, The.Reaper said:

one issue i am having though is the ip addresses are not showing correctly, they are showing the ip addresses associated with the account not the ip addresses of the people trying to hack the accounts.

Not sure what you mean. The IP Address shown here:

573a0d76a7a15_Screenshot1.PNG.444d4e2184

is the IP Address used by the guest/member when trying to log in.

5 hours ago, The.Reaper said:

one issue i am having though is the ip addresses are not showing correctly, they are showing the ip addresses associated with the account not the ip addresses of the people trying to hack the accounts.

Got it. It was really loggin the IP used to create the account. Fixed. File reuploaded. Version kept. Update your install.

Nice app - Is there any way I can pass this to my mods?

Maybe on the moderator restrictions area to enable them to manage it too?

I know its a free app and that but just thought I would ask

Thanks Adriano

Edited by Bacman
3 minutes ago, Adriano Faria said:

Give them access to this app in your ACP.

Sorry - You mean I can give them access through the acp or give them  acp access?

Regards

Edited by Bacman
  • 3 months later...

Hello, I'd like to confirm what to do to keep the logs when upgrading from IP.Board 3.4 to IPS 4.  I seems like I can just leave the Login Logs 1.1 installed on the IP.Board 3.4 instance and then after upgrading to IPS 4 I just simply install the new version of Login Logs 2.x?  Is it really that easy? I don't have to remove the incompatible old version after or anything?

My experience in the past with test upgrades from IP.Board 3.4 to 4.x is that it disables the v1.1 Log In Logs application.

What I did was just remove the Login Logs application prior to upgrading to IPS V4. I can't recall but maybe there is a preserve data question but I can't remember prior to removing the app.

Anyhow, I'm just hoping to see if the old app can be left during the upgrade of IPS to V4 and to simply install this v2.x of the Login Logs.

I did the upgrade from IP.Board 3.4.9 to 4.1.14.3 last night and can confirm that the old version v1.1 can be left as is through the upgrade.  I did not deactivate or remove v1.1. Once the IPS4 was completed sorting itself out I installed v2 of the Login Logs by simply uploading the tar file and it took care of converting the data and removing it's old v1.1 remnant bits. This was nice to carry over the old data because I have login trends that are good to use for helping folks and backing up known issues or patterns of not remembering some types of credentials.  I could have easily just removed the v1.1 instance prior to the upgrade but would have lost that history.

There's a bug in this application which is causing a 500 error page   caused by this line in your hook:

public function log( $status, $member )
	{
		if( \IPS\Dispatcher::i()->controllerLocation === 'front' AND \IPS\Settings::i()->llogs_groups == '*' OR $member->inGroup( explode( ',', \IPS\Settings::i()->llogs_groups ) ) )
		{

you're not checking if $member is null or an instance of \IPS\Member which results in following fatal error:

[22-Sep-2016 10:07:32 UTC] PHP Fatal error:  Call to a member function inGroup() on array in /home/zzzz/public_html/init.php(442) : eval()'d code on line 37

So each time somebody tries to login with a not existing account, it results in a 500 error page

I think I'm experiencing the same thing Daniel F is reporting, I have experienced this twice when logging into an expired session with the login logs in view. This is what appears in the System Logs of IPS:

"The log entry was triggered by a guest"

Error: Call to a member function inGroup() on array (0)
#0 /var/www/html/hvportal/init.php(442) : eval()'d code(26): IPS\loginlogs_hook_logs->log('GUEST', Array)
#1 /var/www/html/hvportal/applications/core/modules/admin/system/login.php(52): IPS\loginlogs_hook_logs->authenticate()
#2 /var/www/html/hvportal/system/Dispatcher/Controller.php(96): IPS\core\modules\admin\system\_login->manage()
#3 /var/www/html/hvportal/system/Dispatcher/Dispatcher.php(129): IPS\Dispatcher\_Controller->execute()
#4 /var/www/html/hvportal/admin/index.php(13): IPS\_Dispatcher->run()
#5 {main}

Backtrace:

#0 /var/www/html/hvportal/init.php(506): IPS\_Log::log('Error: Call to ...', 'uncaught_except...')
#1 [internal function]: IPS\IPS::exceptionHandler(Object(Error))
#2 {main}

• 7 months later...
Error: Call to a member function inGroup() on array (0)
 #0 /home/website/domains/website.nl/public_html/init.php(448) : eval()'d code(26): IPS\loginlogs_hook_logs->log('GUEST', Array)
 #1 /home/website/domains/website.nl/public_html/applications/core/modules/admin/system/login.php(52): IPS\loginlogs_hook_logs->authenticate()
 #2 /home/website/domains/website.nl/public_html/system/Dispatcher/Controller.php(97): IPS\core\modules\admin\system\_login->manage()
 #3 /home/website/domains/website.nl/public_html/system/Dispatcher/Dispatcher.php(129): IPS\Dispatcher\_Controller->execute()
 #4 /home/website/domains/website.nl/public_html/admin/index.php(14): IPS\_Dispatcher->run()
 #5 {main} 

Having troubles with accessing the admin CP.