IP.Pages Polls

Joey_M

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I believe #3 is already working as a block which queries polls created in the forums.

I don't know about #1, but as for #2, that is something that I also need desperately. I even opened up a new thread requesting a plugin so guests can vote but no takers so far.

• 2 weeks later...

I gave him a quick look and it seems that it is enough implement the class IPS\Content\Polls on IPS\cms\Records, amazing IPS4

IPS\Content\Item::formElements this permise me to add form with extend the IPS\Content\Item by a plugin

I like this request, I'll try to work on it.

• 2 weeks later...

start.png

now i must addcolumn when create new database and some other database implications ;)

for guest voting i don't have already checked if is possible to able, but the issue could be many (example consider: duplicate voting, unable to get "safe" counter)

guest group votes are handled by ip address now, the members via member_id ;)

On 5/6/2016 at 0:37 AM, Joey_M said:

#Embed inside other content (non forums - IP.Pages/Gallery/Blog)
#Enhance the inbuilt sidebar widget to allow guests to vote

While I attend support for database things i try to integrate this :thumbsup:

you mean about "float" box?

if yes, this could be made with a "button" on cheditor that fix width of embed like:

prefix(<div style="width:400px;display:inline-block" class="mycustomembed">)

link(http://test.com/topic/id-title/&do=getPoll)

suffix(</div>)

or I could override the default embed template to accomplish this request.

the development of this plugin could will much strong consider plugin for wordpress like: http://support.misqtech.com/totalpoll-pro/

sample: options could be inserted by visitors/members and set it on moderation review(hidden until mod/author don't change visibility) this could be possible until the start of poll. when the polls reach the end could see results if the poll have hidden results active.

lock poll when close time is reached, or quota limit (% or x votes) reached per question

Pretty much like floating text around an image, I'm not sure of the correct term. Basically the poll being wrapped around text, so that it can gel in with the content discretely - having it as a block would be useful if you aim to embed it towards the bottom but I think some may want to include it nearer the top.

--

Regarding the features, it sounds like the poll system can't get any better. Really ideal!

I love the sample options you mentioned, especially the poll lock!

i am consider to implement a type of polls called "quiz", if selected the author/mod of poll could choise:

1. the answers from each question;

2. set a countdown while user "take the quiz"/show form;

3. set splash before/after vote, or custom action (integration of rules app @Kevin Carwile)

other to this make a page for build a poll without attach the item (topic,article... but a /poll/id-first question/).

when create a poll the user could choose if want pagination, also include into embed.

a central page for manage polls(table[status,votes,item,type/template...others column], stats[sort by vote time like last week]...)

introducing a conditional logic for question($vote is 3' option [go to/points] [question/amount] or contain "this string") refer to: http://help.surveymonkey.com/articles/it/kb/What-is-Skip-Logic?

@BomAle: May I beta test this with you? Would be willing to pay for it before hand (though I'm sure other devs would vouch I'm helpful). ^_^

The Quiz idea is a brilliant idea, although I'm unsure how it would tie in? I assume there would be a new option [Poll] [Quiz]? Either, I think this project has the potential to be one of the must have additions to any IPS community. I can't wait to see it in a live environment.

Will assist promoting it once ready.

• 7 months later...

@BomAle: Perhaps the application went a bit extensive more than it needed to be. I don't know, things seemed to be progressing well for it to suddenly disappear completely out of the picture.

I'm curious if you would consider releasing a plugin that did the follow.

Forum Poll:

Allow guests to vote in poll (Yes/No)

Widget

Display active polls from the last x days
Rotate between them upon refresh
Link to topic

--

I really think the poll system lacks quite a bit, the above would go along way towards making it more useful.

On 21/2/2017 at 3:54 AM, Joey_M said:

Forum Poll:

Allow guests to vote in poll (Yes/No) (ok)

Widget

Display active polls from the last x days
Rotate between them upon refresh
Link to topic

what do you mean with "active polls from last x days"? (active poll = open status and last vote / start data is not more than x days ago?)

for rotate i leave you random order

link to topic is already available :thumbsup:

vGT5pJL.png

13 hours ago, BomAle said:

(active poll = open status and last vote / start data is not more than x days ago?)

Yes, this is what I meant sorry.

--

13 hours ago, BomAle said:

vGT5pJL.png

The 'Closed' - Check it if you would only close polls.

Does this show the data of closed polls? That would be pretty interesting to share the information collected.

The widget looks perfect, especially when the open/vote status of last x days is included. I am very excited about using this. :D

Great work!

Archived