Tip Author

What's new in 1.0.2:

• Added the paypal donation button link functionality back since it was requested
  • When setting up the plugin you can choose what type to use, PayPal.me or Paypal

On a different note, the next update will allow this to be used on other apps like Downloads, Gallery, etc.

Edited by Tom Irons
  • 2 weeks later...
3 hours ago, LinkMania said:

Hey, the help snippet on the user's tips setup says "Create a PayPal donation button here, click the email tab, then copy & paste the link in the box below." but there is no such thing like email tab. Can you pleade revise the help and update? thanks!

You can edit that language string in the ACP to say what you would like it to say.

• 2 months later...

I currently use IPB 3.x and my only hesitation with moving to v4 is a Tip/Member Donation plugin. We currently use the Member Donate button from IPB 3.  This plugin allowed us to allow people that uploaded files to receive donation from other members. The attached image is how it currently looks on my IPB3 site.  Is there any way to get this or something similar in IPB4 with this plugin?

beerme.png

1 hour ago, Circo said:

I currently use IPB 3.x and my only hesitation with moving to v4 is a Tip/Member Donation plugin. We currently use the Member Donate button from IPB 3.  This plugin allowed us to allow people that uploaded files to receive donation from other members. The attached image is how it currently looks on my IPB3 site.  Is there any way to get this or something similar in IPB4 with this plugin?

beerme.png

I can add this into a later version for sure ^_^ 

• 4 weeks later...

Nice idea :ok: I hope it will be enough to receive money by contributions…
It would be better to remove connection to PayPal at all and let members use any donate link as they wish. I mean link check modification and corresponding descriptions.

The plugin doesn't work together with Kitchen Sink no matter what kind of plugin is higher in the list. I just didn't see the button. @Tom Irons may I share your code with KS's author to make compatible version?

@Tom Irons

I patched him up.

It's just the tip button display on the post. I have no idea why your selector isn't working with KS or if my thing is even the conflict.

div[data-controller='core.front.core.comment'] > div.cPost_contentWrap.ipsPad > ul.ipsComment_controls.ipsClearfix[data-role='commentControls']

Should work. There are no conflcts with the selector on the page that I can see - everything is where it needs to be.

No matter, I tweaked it, targeting just the comment controls and it works. No idea why it didn't work before but here we are.

ul.ipsComment_controls.ipsClearfix[data-role='commentControls']

Maybe just a bad install or IPS wierdery. Might not be a bad idea to swap your selector out for the shorter version above to save any grief with other plugins doing things.

EDIT: And don't forget to refresh/clear cache after installing and such.

Edited by Flitterkill
22 hours ago, Safety1st said:

It would be better to remove connection to PayPal at all and let members use any donate link as they wish. I mean link check modification and corresponding descriptions.

In that case link check could be:

/* Is the link not valid? */
if ( filter_var($val, FILTER_VALIDATE_URL, FILTER_FLAG_SCHEME_REQUIRED | FILTER_FLAG_HOST_REQUIRED)=== FALSE )
{
	throw new \DomainException( 'tipAuthor_notValid' );
}

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
On 1/20/2017 at 5:28 PM, Ibragim Pupkevich said:

UPD:

Please add verification for empty content of input field, otherwise it's impossible to remove link in UCP.

/* Is the link not valid? */
				if ( $val != '' && filter_var($val, FILTER_VALIDATE_URL, FILTER_FLAG_SCHEME_REQUIRED | FILTER_FLAG_HOST_REQUIRED)=== FALSE )
				{
					throw new \DomainException( 'tipAuthor_notValid' );
				}

It's possible to remove the link via the UCP, I tested it and it does remove it.

With that being said, there has been a change on how friendly urls are registered. I should have the update done soon.