4.1.11 COMMERCE - search is not working in Commerce

RPG-support

It is very very strange that Commerce products, categories, etc. are not integrated into the search index. It is absolutely unacceptable. At least I see the search field in the store but it is for nothing here because it is not returning any result.

123123.jpg

It is very very strange that Commerce products, categories, etc. are not integrated into the search index. It is absolutely unacceptable. At least I see the search field in the store but it is for nothing here because it is not returning any result.

Searching really needs more effort on IPS 4. The community software is getting better on every upgrade, but searching still needs much more improvement, mainly on guessing what the member is trying to search. Mistyping, for exemple, in not considered.

• Management

Both are added for planning purposes, but are part of a larger suite-wide searchability sweep that involves some engineering to our search indexing. So, it will happen, but not in the next release and more likely 4.2+

12 hours ago, Lindy said:

Both are added for planning purposes, but are part of a larger suite-wide searchability sweep that involves some engineering to our search indexing. So, it will happen, but not in the next release and more likely 4.2+

Good news @lindy! I hope that you can bring a smart search that guess the results by searching while typing and that could handle misspelling words.

• 2 weeks later...

Yeah, curious about this myself. I have a client who I pushed to use IPS for her store because of how much I love it for my community, after installing and setting it up I noticed I couldn't search for products in her store which has over 300+ items... kinda kickin myself in the a@# now. Please implement this soon...

Archived