IPS 4.1 : ADVERTISEMENT inside the first post

• 2 weeks later...
Just now, Lyonharted said:

You can insert an advertisement after the first post of each topic. This would be through the ACP itself. System -> Promotion -> Advertisements and create a new ad. Then set the location to be there.

Thanks Lyonharted, correct, however i want it Inside the post, not under, so i would need to define a custom one, any suggestion where i can add the

{advertisement="KEY"}

?

• 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...

I found the location in the templates for where to put the ad code to appear inside of the post, I just need the if/then statement syntax to limit it to only appear in the first post, instead of all posts.

Open this template:

Forums > Front > Topics > post

..and put your code right after this tags:

<div data-role='commentContent' itemprop='text' class='ipsType_normal ipsType_richText ipsContained' data-controller='core.front.core.lightboxedImages'>
  [your ad code here use style="float:right;"]

Can anyone suggest the code I would use to limit this to display only in the first post?

On ‎10‎/‎19‎/‎2016 at 3:29 PM, forumdev99 said:

I found the location in the templates for where to put the ad code to appear inside of the post, I just need the if/then statement syntax to limit it to only appear in the first post, instead of all posts.

Open this template:

Forums > Front > Topics > post

..and put your code right after this tags:

<div data-role='commentContent' itemprop='text' class='ipsType_normal ipsType_richText ipsContained' data-controller='core.front.core.lightboxedImages'>

Can anyone suggest the code I would use to limit this to display only in the first post?

Can you please populate an example code for an ad that I can see?

Thanks

• 4 months later...
10 hours ago, BomAle said:

{{if $comment->isFirst()}}
{{endif}}

Thank you @BomAle

It works, and would you please help us one more thing

it shows first post but if a topic has 105 posts and my pagination is every 25

How can I make this little script shows if the $comment == 1, 26, 51, 76 and so on????

Thank you so much for your help...

• 7 months later...
On ‎3‎/‎22‎/‎2017 at 8:03 AM, media said:

Thank you @BomAle

It works, and would you please help us one more thing

it shows first post but if a topic has 105 posts and my pagination is every 25

How can I make this little script shows if the $comment == 1, 26, 51, 76 and so on????

Thank you so much for your help...

{{endif}}

Anyone?

Edited by media

I solve some other thing, but it can help you, as i think.

In forums-front-topics-topic i create new variable inside foreach cycle.

before {{$postCount++;}}: 

{{$page = (\IPS\Request::i()->page ? (\IPS\Request::i()->page - 1) * \IPS\Settings::i()->forums_posts_per_page : 0); }}
{{$comment->position = $page + $postCount;}}

this will add 'position' value to the comment object. it will move as a param to the forums-front-topics-post template.

So inside post template you can get $comment->position value with values, contain number of current post from first page (23,24,25,26,27.. any). Your solution will be like {{if (($comment->position - 1) % \IPS\Settings::i()->forums_posts_per_page === 0)}} {$ads} {{endif}}

Hope it help you ;)

2 hours ago, Upgradeovec said:

I solve some other thing, but it can help you, as i think.

In forums-front-topics-topic i create new variable inside foreach cycle.

before {{$postCount++;}}: 

{{$page = (\IPS\Request::i()->page ? (\IPS\Request::i()->page - 1) * \IPS\Settings::i()->forums_posts_per_page : 0); }}

this will add 'position' value to the comment object. it will move as a param to the forums-front-topics-post template.

So inside post template you can get $comment->position value with values, contain number of current post from first page (23,24,25,26,27.. any). Your solution will be like {{if (($comment->position - 1) % \IPS\Settings::i()->forums_posts_per_page === 0)}} {$ads} {{endif}}

Hope it help you ;)

Thank you, but still to complicated for me.

I tried to add this into template bit but did not work

{{if (($comment->position - 1) % \IPS\Settings::i()->forums_posts_per_page === 0)}}
<script async src="//pagead2.googlesyndication.com/pagead/js/adsbygoogle.js"></script>
<!-- responsive1 -->
<ins class="adsbygoogle"
     style="display:block"
     data-ad-client="ca-pub-0000000000000000"
     data-ad-slot="5827740529"
     data-ad-format="auto"></ins>
<script>
(adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({});
</script>
{{endif}}

12 hours ago, media said:

Thank you, but still to complicated for me.

I tried to add this into template bit but did not work

{{if (($comment->position - 1) % \IPS\Settings::i()->forums_posts_per_page === 0)}}
<script async src="//pagead2.googlesyndication.com/pagead/js/adsbygoogle.js"></script>
<!-- responsive1 -->
<ins class="adsbygoogle"
<script>
</script>
{{endif}}

Yep. Because you need to define 'position' value in the parent 'forums-front-topics-topic' template. Just open it, find line with 

{{$postCount++;}}

(it placed inside foreach cycle) and after that line paste that:

It will define 'position' variable to $comment object, which send to post template as argument. And after that your previous code will work. Now that is var not defined and condition is always false.

Edited by Upgradeovec

7 hours ago, Upgradeovec said:

Yep. Because you need to define 'position' value in the parent 'forums-front-topics-topic' template. Just open it, find line with 

{{$postCount++;}}

(it placed inside foreach cycle) and after that line paste that:

It will define 'position' variable to $comment object, which send to post template as argument. And after that your previous code will work. Now that is var not defined and condition is always false.

Looks like it works, but not displaying ads, instead

HTTP 400 error
It’s not you, it’s this link (it appears to be broken)
Try this
Retype the web address
Go back to the last page
Search for the page

Untitled-1.thumb.jpg.a74ceab9133c5fdc0ff80917f7ded589.jpg

2 minutes ago, media said:

Looks like it works, but not displaying ads, instead

HTTP 400 error
It’s not you, it’s this link (it appears to be broken)
Try this
Retype the web address
Go back to the last page
Search for the page

Untitled-1.thumb.jpg.a74ceab9133c5fdc0ff80917f7ded589.jpg

It may be some issue with ads code? Try to just show post number.

#{$comment->position}
{{endif}}

If that return valid value - than it's a code issue. May be it can't load from ajax response (for example, code wait for some document ready state for init some variables)

Edited by Upgradeovec

1 hour ago, Upgradeovec said:

It may be some issue with ads code? Try to just show post number.

#{$comment->position}
{{endif}}

If that return valid value - than it's a code issue. May be it can't load from ajax response (for example, code wait for some document ready state for init some variables)

has to be the code because I have thıs code and workıng just fine, but when I switch to your code I get that error message

<!-- responsive1 -->
<ins class="adsbygoogle"
     data-ad-client="ca-pub-00000000000"
<script>
</script>
{{endif}}

You code shows up just fine but when it comes to displaying ad: there is the problem I get that error message.. Something to do with you code triggering some kind of condition to prevent Google ad to display

@Upgradeovec I am so embarrassed man...

When I paste the ad code here I took my adsense ID from the coe and when I copied from here and pasted back to my website, I forgot to put AdSense ID back on men...

Anyway, it works like a charm... Thank you so much for your help... :)

Would you please show me where exactly put the post number to show add in posts?

<!-- responsive1 -->
<ins class="adsbygoogle"
<script>
</script>
{{endif}}

Would you please edit my code and show me where I need to put number like 1, 10, 20, 30, 40 etc.

14 hours ago, media said:

@Upgradeovec I am so embarrassed man...

When I paste the ad code here I took my adsense ID from the coe and when I copied from here and pasted back to my website, I forgot to put AdSense ID back on men...

Anyway, it works like a charm... Thank you so much for your help... :)

Glad to help ;)

14 hours ago, media said:

Would you please show me where exactly put the post number to show add in posts?

<!-- responsive1 -->
<ins class="adsbygoogle"
<script>
</script>
{{endif}}

Would you please edit my code and show me where I need to put number like 1, 10, 20, 30, 40 etc.

As i see below - all worked well? Isn't it?

I didn't know google ads platform well. But i think it don't neet to get current post number (or not?).

Anyway - this code just check your first condition - show something (ads) when current post is first post on this page (isn't it?). You can paste inside anything without show current post number. Or, you can call {$comment->position} anywhere inside post template for return that number (to html or js calling - doesn't matter).

I think i don't understand you well (sorry for bad english).

7 hours ago, Upgradeovec said:

Glad to help ;)

As i see below - all worked well? Isn't it?

I didn't know google ads platform well. But i think it don't neet to get current post number (or not?).

Anyway - this code just check your first condition - show something (ads) when current post is first post on this page (isn't it?). You can paste inside anything without show current post number. Or, you can call {$comment->position} anywhere inside post template for return that number (to html or js calling - doesn't matter).

I think i don't understand you well (sorry for bad english).

My question is Can I check the condition of post number and display the ad in any post on posts page

If I have 25 posts per page on post page: I would like to display the ad in first post, 5th post, 15th post and etc.

Where should I set the condition check to check the post count # on that code

Like if post number === 1, 6, 10 and etc.

Edited by media

22 minutes ago, media said:

My question is Can I check the condition of post number and display the ad in any post on posts page

If I have 25 posts per page on post page: I would like to display the ad in first post, 5th post, 15th post and etc.

Where should I set the condition check to check the post count # on that code

Like if post number === 1, 6, 10 and etc.

Yes, you can :lol:. Just write your logic in that condition. As example:

{{if (($comment->position - 1) % 5 === 0)}} // will show on 1, 6, 11, 16... every five post not depend on posts per page
{{if (($comment->position) % 2 === 0)}} // will show on every second post: 2, 4, 6, 8, 10...
{{if (true)}} // every post :D. perfect for money :)
{{if (($comment->position + 1) % \IPS\Settings::i()->forums_posts_per_page === 0)}} // every last post on page (depends on number of posts per page setting)
{{if (($comment->position - 1) % (\IPS\Settings::i()->forums_posts_per_page*2) === 0)}} // every fist post but only on 2, 4, 6.. pages

write any condition what you want :thumbsup:

{{if (\IPS\Member::loggedIn()->member_id === 123)}} // show something only for specific toxic member :D
<style>body { font-family: 'Comic Sans MS'; color: pink; }</style>
{{endif}}

Edited by Upgradeovec

50 minutes ago, Upgradeovec said:

Yes, you can :lol:. Just write your logic in that condition. As example:

{{if (($comment->position - 1) % 5 === 0)}} // will show on 1, 6, 11, 16... every five post not depend on posts per page
{{if (($comment->position) % 2 === 0)}} // will show on every second post: 2, 4, 6, 8, 10...
{{if (true)}} // every post :D. perfect for money :)
{{if (($comment->position + 1) % \IPS\Settings::i()->forums_posts_per_page === 0)}} // every last post on page (depends on number of posts per page setting)
{{if (($comment->position - 1) % (\IPS\Settings::i()->forums_posts_per_page*2) === 0)}} // every fist post but only on 2, 4, 6.. pages

write any condition what you want :thumbsup:

{{if (\IPS\Member::loggedIn()->member_id === 123)}} // show something only for specific toxic member :D
<style>body { font-family: 'Comic Sans MS'; color: pink; }</style>
{{endif}}

OMG, you become my hero man.... :)

Thank you so much for the insight....

Thank you thank you thank you.....