Custom Group Format/Name support

Fnuxle

The link you posted to the Custom Group Format ends in "/?do=edit" and it takes us to a page saying:

Sorry, there is a problem

This content can no longer be edited. It may have been moved or deleted, or too much time may have passed since it was posted for it to be edited.

Error code: 2S136/E

You should fix that.

26 minutes ago, Safety1st said:

@Fnuxle Is it reasonable to have the plugin just to change format, for example, 2 members of 500? How much overhead will it produce?

The point of the plugin is to allow changing the format just for a few members.

Using the cache setting from the plugin settings will reduce any overhead queries to the database.

47 minutes ago, Safety1st said:

Could you explain in detail how exactly is IPS's datastore get utilized? I tried to learn from IPS support but they told me it's outside of scope of support.

The custom formats are saved in the datastore and are retrieved directly from there. You can find the file under the datastore folder, the filename should begin with customGroupFormats.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

@MajorCytohi i get this error

ErrorException: Parameter 1 to IPS\core\extensions\core\MemberForm\_Profile::process() expected to be a reference, value given (2)
#0 [internal function]: IPS\IPS::errorHandler(2, 'Parameter 1 to ...', '/home/moe/publi...', 16, Array)
#1 /home/moe/public_html/init.php(434) : eval()'d code(16): call_user_func_array('parent::process', Array)
#2 /home/moe/public_html/applications/core/modules/admin/members/members.php(850): IPS\core\extensions\core\MemberForm\hook103->process(Object(IPS\Helpers\Form), Object(IPS\Member))
#3 [internal function]: IPS\core\modules\admin\members\_members->edit()
#4 /home/moe/public_html/system/Dispatcher/Controller.php(85): call_user_func(Array)
#5 /home/moe/public_html/system/Dispatcher/Dispatcher.php(129): IPS\Dispatcher\_Controller->execute()
#6 /home/moe/public_html/admin/index.php(13): IPS\_Dispatcher->run()
#7 {main}

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

Hey guys sorry for the MIA, I've been extremely busy lately with switching workplaces and life. I'll be looking into fixing and improving these plugins during the next couple of weeks, so keep your heads up.

On 9/8/2016 at 6:16 PM, Alexander Scott said:

@Fnuxle I have a suggestion for both plugins. Is it possible to add an option for certain groups I choose to edit their custom group name and group format without an Admin needing to go to the ACP to do it for the user? I would really love it if it was possible and even would pay if these plugins cost due to these new features.

That's a good suggestion, I'll look into adding that in future builds.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
On 19.11.2016 at 9:22 AM, Safety1st said:

After moving my IPS4 v4.1.16.1 to another hosting there is the issue. In ACP I can't control any options on 'Profile' tab except for plugin's settings:
cgf.JPG

cgf.JPG

Hello! I have the same problem as turn plugin for editing in the profile I only have this option, all other option disappear, how to fix it?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Archived