KroCan Support Thread

Dylan Riggs

1 hour ago, Avgamers said:

Hi @Dylan Riggs

When will be the release of the next update ? I'm really waiting for it because for now the sidebar doesn't look very well, and i guess almost all buy your theme for the sidebar ^_^

I can push the sidebar changes out tonight.

But can you pm your site so I can verify that extra widgets are good for your end as well?

You can check my demo site to see more widgets tested and verify they are good

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 30/04/2016 at 5:13 PM, Flitterkill said:

You can include your own files in the custom directory - do that and leave custom.css for the endusers; in kinda sounds like you are doing that already with some of it.

So dump all that into krocan.css and stick it in the custom directory - otherwise end users have no way to save their modifications when they upgrade your theme as your custom.css file will over-write the end users.

On 01/05/2016 at 2:47 AM, Dylan Riggs said:

No no, I got that part, it was how the CSS is loaded, and is why I put those changes in custom.css, if they were to be edited, they just needed to be found in custom.css

Also note, that 95% of the CSS in custom.css won't really be modified unless you're really modifying major elements of the design. I already put most other CSS in there own files because of t heme options and such.

Either way, when I push this out tomorrow, custom.css will be empty :p

This is the whole point of the custom.css - it should be blank.

Any custom css you made should be under the custom tab and be labelled correctly, then if the end user wants to add any custom css of their own they do it in the custom.css file.

This is how all the other themes I have do it, seen a few who add a lot of their css into one big file and have small little custom files separates for other things.

(I think you're still miss understanding Eudemon).

5 minutes ago, CP_User said:

This is the whole point of the custom.css - it should be blank.

Any custom css you made should be under the custom tab and be labelled correctly, then if the end user wants to add any custom css of their own they do it in the custom.css file.

This is how all the other themes I have do it, seen a few who add a lot of their css into one big file and have small little custom files separates for other things.

(I think you're still miss understanding Eudemon).

Already done. The point I was making was that when I had it all in "Krocan.css" it was still being overwritten since Krocan loads after custom, thus overwriting any changes a user would make IN custom, make sense? Hence why I put common CSS inside custom.css since they were getting overwritten unless I put an !important tag there.

I'm just pointing out that css files were/are loaded alphabetically, as flitterkill has mentioned... so if I made zCustom.css and threw everything in there.... nothing you put in custom.css would show because of how they were loaded alphabetically. The fix is to just use _krocan or any prefix solution that shows before thus being loaded and not overwriting a users changes.

Either way, already have a solution for it :thumbsup:

8 minutes ago, CP_User said:

Makes sense!

Noticed a few plugins don't work with the theme, I'm not sure if you can fix it or if it's to do with the plugin itself? Either way, I'll be waiting for the next update :D

Can you show me examples? KroCan has a ton of edits, as you can see from all the CSS changes needed. Add in the Off-Canvas menu and a few other features, I bet there will be conflicts, and I have no problem fixing everything... I just have to see everything :P. Shoot me  PM and I can apply CSS fixes if it's display error or a theme error/compatability.

If it's a 3rd party plug-in and they've added there own CSS classes for example, I can't really touch those.

Just a suggestion:

Have the sidebar have it's own scroll instead of scrolling the entire page to scroll the content on the sidebar.
Also the sidebar should never be bigger in length than the page... this could be solved with a scroll-able sidebar.

2 hours ago, MikePT said:

Just a suggestion:

Have the sidebar have it's own scroll instead of scrolling the entire page to scroll the content on the sidebar.
Also the sidebar should never be bigger in length than the page... this could be solved with a scroll-able sidebar.

That's how it was originally, but users didn't want it like that. They thought the double scroll was a bad idea. If you looked at the demo site, it's still being critiqued, I'm not finished with it. It'll be touch based and scroll able with a drag of mouse or via phone

In about 2 days, I was out of town for mothers day. I've got most of the widget side of things complete,a long with more theme options. I am just looking over other widgets I can add and then providing fixes for them. Also, made a few core changes to the canvas menu.

I have buy Krocan. We have upload the xml file in the IPS. Now we got an folder 'owlcarousel'  were do we need to place this in the Filzilla 

folder the name "Krocan 1.0" and upload / owlcarousel

In the folder owlcarousel are standing more folders. And were do we need to place then?

5 hours ago, Mike Niewold said:

I have buy Krocan. We have upload the xml file in the IPS. Now we got an folder 'owlcarousel'  were do we need to place this in the Filzilla 

folder the name "Krocan 1.0" and upload / owlcarousel

In the folder owlcarousel are standing more folders. And were do we need to place then?

Send me login info and I'll do that for you.

Sorry for the delay - I know, I'm breaking promises, it's just I keep either throwing in updates or I didn't get a chance to work on it as much as I anticipated. Last week was just a bad week for me to work on any projects because of a work event I had to prep for. I've been fixing anything reported, but I wanted to iron out the canvas menu the most, with a few theme options, but I couldn't release a half done theme option, or one untested.

I've finished most of that though

Here's what's planned on release:

1. Bug fixes/UI changes - Please look at @Eudemon suggestion post, as well as @razz's post. I honeslty can't remember if I got everything or not since I've been going back and forth since release. 

2. Canvas Menu styling updates from those who offered feedback from the sites. I catered the CSS to what you guys offered and put the CSS in the theme, if I miss anything. Again, I'll gladly cater the widget for your needs

3. Canvas Menu updates and a sticky option. Though, the sticky is only good on larger screens, otherwise it will still collapse. There isn't an easy way (at this time) to make it stick while giving you a lot of visible content. The overlap was intentional from the get go, as that's the nature of an off-canvas menu

I'll push what I have out tomorrow, I don't have anything else going on as I'm caught up with all my other work.

• 2 weeks later...

Very sorry for the delay's. I rewrote the canvas menu to better support the widgets which was the longest process. Basically, I added every single widget that I have on there and everything looks good now. Not sure with more 3rd party widgets, but I'll fix those that need them.

I've also fixed everything that you all wanted outside of adding a couple theme options. Mostly from Eudemon's request for logo URL and static canvas menu.

Download, try it out and let me know.

Few bugs here for now, you can check my site to verify

1, uploading new version will break the theme, I had to removed the old version and then re-upload as new theme

2, menu button shows drop down icons even if it doesn't contain drop down menu

3, The last menu button is complete broken

Will fix the icons. I think when I went back to make a few changes, I went too far and didn't fix the icons. Will fix that

As for the navigation issue, it's related to the "more" menu. I haven't used it yet - will provide a fix.

Outside of the navigation, how's the Canvas menu and other bugs if any? Getting there! I can only test with what's available on my community.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

@ChurchOfPop

Your fix will be in next update. Please see this: http://prntscr.com/bhdvdg

@Eudemon- Same, next update which I'll release over weekend will finally fix all of those culprits. The "more" menu was causing a bunch of conflicts and it's about done.

Please see attached screenshot: http://prntscr.com/bhdvle

It's not finished yet. What I did is scrap out how I traditionally did the menu and done it over from scratch to include the more menu which I left out from the first version when 4.0 released lol.

Archived